- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Another chapter. =) Sorry these recent chapters have been so short, I'm just kinda bouncing back and forth between the boys.
My eyes began to flutter open, pain immediately coursing it’s way from my eyes to the back of my head. I quickly shut my eyes once again, hoping that it would rid the immense pain I was feeling at the moment, but it only made it worse. For a moment I had forgotten where I was, until I caught glimpse of the bars that imprisoned me in this small confinement. I can’t really remember what happened, what had got me feeling this way, but that’s when it hit me like a Mac truck.

I quickly rose from where I was lying to check myself over, but a new wave of pain washed through me, rendering me motionless for a moment. They say when you receive trauma to the head, your suppose to take things slow, let your body catch up with whatever your mind is trying to register, and I didn’t do that. All of a sudden, I felt vile rising from the pits of my stomach and right into my esophagus. I tried to hold it in, but my body was too weak to do anything, so I just let it all out. Nothing but hot liquids spewed from my mouth, burning my throat and splattering on the ground before me. For some reason my body continued to hack up whatever was in my stomach, which really wasn’t anything and I knew any second I would be dry heaving.

When I was sure I was through with my episode, I crumpled back to the ground and curled up in a fetal position, grasping my stomach in hopes to settle it. I had nothing to wash out the vile taste of my vomit from my mouth.

“Carter.”

With great determination, I uncurled myself from my fetal position and glanced up at the person who called my name. the two guards that did this to me were standing on the other side of the cell, simply grinning at me. I continued to glare at them as I spat out whatever was left In my mouth and used the back of my hand to wipe off the saliva that dribbling down the corner of my mouth.

“You’re lucky we’re feeling rather… nice today, otherwise we’d have you clean that mess up with a fucking straw.”

I looked down at the liquidy mess I had created, the sight of smell of it was making me queasy all over again.

“We’re glad to inform you that you have a bigger and more… descent cell awaiting you.” he said as he pulled out his set of keys and began unlocking the cell door.

I didn’t even have time to compose myself because they simply waltzed in and roughly grabbed me by my arms, yanking me up ever-so-gently (mind you, I meant that in a sarcastic way) from the ground. Although they weren’t gentle, they must be really feeling a little nice today because instead of making me walk out in the state I was in, they balanced me in between them and allowed me to rest most of my weight on them, helping me to walk out.

As we were walking past the other prisoners, I tried my best to compose myself so I wouldn’t come across as some pussy to them. Literally, all eyes were on me as the guards continued to walk my to my new cell. From the corner of my eye I could see Danny with a group of other men and he was smiling at me. I gave a very small and faint grin back, for some odd, fucked up reason, I felt a little more at ease since I saw him (and nooo, not in that way you sick freaks!!)

I let my head fall back down, my gaze solely on the ground, avoiding the stares that were coming my way. “Welcome home Nicky…”

I winced at that name, I always hated that nickname. It irritated me whenever Howie said it, but now, because of these men, I now hate that name with a passion, and I will literally snap at whoever calls me by that nickname ever again, even if it’s Howie.

Slowly, I glanced up at my new cell. “You didn’t think you’d be getting a cell all to yourself because of your status, did you?” the guard on the left said.

No wonder they were being slightly nice to me the whole time. My eyes bulged and my mouth dropped when I seen the cellmate I was paired with. No… fucking… way…