- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Oooh an update! It's a short one...sorry! Keep the reviews coming please! Maybe it'll motivate me to write a ton.

“Four days?”

“Yeah, four days,” Carrie confirmed.

“Make sure you have your plane tickets and check your flight information,” Her dad reminded.

“Of course dad,” Carrie laughed, “I think I’ll be able to handle it.”

“You’re still my kid, so I have a right to worry,” her dad playfully scolded.

“Yes, dad,” Carrie sighed with a smile.

Stepping into his open arms, Carrie heard him whisper, “Take care. I love you.”

“Love you too, dad,” Carrie replied pulling away.

Turning to Nick, Carrie’s father extended his hand in as a sign of both truce and trust, “Take care of my girl.”

“I will, sir,” Nick solemnly replied staring into the familiar brown eyes.

With a slight smile, Carrie’s father grabbed his bags and headed toward the security check where he promptly placed his bags and went through without any problems. With a final wave, Carrie’s father disappeared behind a corner, leaving Nick and Carrie alone.

“And then there was two,” Nick said with a smile playing on his lips. Carrie turned to Nick with a raised eyebrow, tilting her eyebrow,

“No, wild parties with the parents gone, mister.”

“Aww, dang it. Can’t fool you,” pretending to ponder, Nick tapped his lips, “Hmmm. How about some lunch?”

“That sounds like a safe idea,” Carrie agreed.

“There’s a great sushi place ten minutes from here if you’re up for it,” Nick suggested.

“Sure, but don’t you dare order me squid. Everything else is fine but squid…” Carrie shuddered.

“Such a wimp,” Nick snickered. Simultaneously, turning towards the exit, Nick reached out to grab Carrie’s swinging hand. Holding it firmly in his grasp, Nick watched Carrie’s reaction from the corner of his eye.

Swallowing the immediate urge to withdraw her hand, Carrie simply looked down at the pavement as they made their way to the car.

Nick smiled inwardly, thinking that they were finally making progress.