- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry for the delay!!  I'm finally home and ready to write some more, so please review! 

Oh, just a warning...this scene is somewhat graphic.  Read with caution.

 

She pushed me back down on the bed and straddled my waist, kissing me with so much passion. I wasn’t used to this. I had sex with so many girls in my lifetime, but nothing ever equaled out to what it was like when I was with Shelby. There was something much deeper there. “Shell, are you sure?” I whispered in between kisses as she nodded vigorously.

“I want you, Nick,” she mumbled against my lips. That was all it took for me. I flipped her over onto her back and held my body up above her with one of my arms. She reached down between us and quickly unfastened my jeans. I stopped what I was doing long enough to get my pants off and reach up to throw my shirt to the floor, then took my hands and yanked down her sweatpants. “God, I missed you.” She mumbled as my lips found hers again in a heated kiss. I smirked against her lips, feeling butterflies in my stomach.

“I missed us,” I muttered as she sucked on my bottom lip feverishly. I quickly lifted the hem of her shirt so it was up and over her head in a matter of seconds. Now we both laid there in our underwear. There was something I wanted to say but I thought it was probably way too soon. Shelby knew I cared about her…we had determined that. But neither of us had said anything about love. I did love her. I felt it right then and there. But was it truly love or simply a feeling I was having out of the moment.

“I-I…” Shelby stuttered as I rubbed up against her sensually. Was she trying to say it, too? Were these feelings mutual or really there at all? She swallowed hard as we made eye contact.

“You don’t have to say anything,” I whispered as I leaned down and gently kissed her neck. “I know.” I nodded and kissed her again. She helped me discard her bra and panties, and I removed my boxers. It had been so long since we had been in this situation. I gently brought my fingers down to her center to touch her in her most intimate spot. I rubbed against her clit in little circles, smirking when I heard her moan. “I want to try us again.” I leaned down and whispered in her ear, kissing her jaw line on the way back up to look in her eyes.

She opened her eyes and stared at me long and hard, as if she was trying to read into my heart and soul and see if I was telling the truth. She licked her lips and it was then that I saw tears in her eyes. “I don’t wanna get hurt again…” she whispered.

I kissed her long and hard. “I promise I’ve changed, Shell. I swear.” I whispered as I inserted a finger into her center. She arched her back and leaned into my touch.

“Okay,” she whispered and began to rock harder on my hand. I leaned down and began sucking on her sensitive in the crook of her neck. She whimpered, begging me for more. “It’s been so long…” she mumbled and closed her eyes as I inserted another finger.

That made me feel guilty, but happy at the same time. She wasn’t looking for a sexual relationship with anyone. Had I hurt her that badly that she stopped finding interest in other guys? I swallowed hard, not really sure what to say. I didn’t want to lie. It hadn’t been long for me. Shelby knew that. She knew my personality.

“Just fuck me, Nick,” she whimpered, not wanting to hear me lie through my teeth. I didn’t need any other permission or statement to move forward. I quickly removed my fingers and inserted myself into her. She moaned out into the empty hotel room and I continued to force my way in and out of her. She was so tight. Part of me wondered if I was the only man she had ever had sex with. I watched her closed eyes and studied her face. How could I have passed her up so easily before? How could I have just walked away from her and Lanie without a fight? She was so perfect – so precious. I saw her in Lanie every day. She was the mother of my child.

“You mean the world to me, Shell,” I grunted out as I tried to make it last. She opened her eyes quickly and then shut them tightly again when I felt her walls start to contract.

“I’m gonna—“ She exclaimed.

“Just let it go, Shell,” I muttered as I felt my entire body shutter and my release just around the corner. Her walls went wild and I released myself inside of her. I collapsed next to her, both of us heaving passionately. I looked over at her and watched her for a minute. She looked so peaceful. I brought my hand up to her face and brushed away a strand of hair. She smirked in my direction.

“You have no idea how long it’s been…” she blushed. I smiled and kissed her softly.

“I meant what I said. About us trying it all over again,” I said. She nodded and looked away, breaking eye contact for a minute. I knew she was skeptical. I didn’t really blame her. “I honestly think we can make it work.”

“What if we can’t, Nick?” She asked me seriously. “How are we going to stand to put up with each other long enough to get Lanie through her treatment and back to recovery?” She was right. I bit my bottom lip and turned her chin towards me.

“I promise I will never leave your side as long as Lanie’s sick. If it doesn’t work out and we realize we weren’t meant to be together, I’ll stick around for you and Lanie both,” I promised. “But how are we ever going to know if we don’t try?” She looked as if she was contemplating long and hard. I knew she wanted this. I could tell in each kiss we had shared the past few days, as well as the sex we had just had.

“Okay,” she smiled and leaned in to kiss me. “We’ll give it a try.”
Chapter End Notes:
Please review!!  Thank you!!