- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I know the chapters are short, they're just flowing that way. If you read my other stuff you know it's not normal. I know it's been awhile since I wrote this one, but this is my random inspiration story. I add on when it hits me lol. Enjoy.
“Nick’s Turn”

Chapter Two: Long Live The Queen!

Nick was starting to wonder; as he finally dug back up the story he had forgotten about for a few weeks, if the story is coming alive despite him. He could barely keep control of the characters and he’s only on chapter two. Was it possible for such a thing to happen? Did he need to be committed? Better not ask AJ, who of course is painting his nails and stinking up the damn bus. AJ would just be a smart ass, say yeah and then actually do it and snicker at how long it takes for Nick to finally get out. The man has super glued his hands to a bathroom stall before. Okay that was after he got him pranked (and quite well), but still.

Opening the laptop slowly as the bus continued its way to the next tour destination; he pulled up the file as well as the fan fiction site. He had to remember who he was pursuing next. He had a list of targets, but he wanted to get them all in a certain order. That would teach them.

Ahh now he remembered, this was the one. Someone who joked to be the “Queen” of fan fiction. With all that had been done to him (fictionally anyway) by her hands, it would be revenge justly earned. So what if that Julie had actually enjoyed her torture (much to his annoyance)? It bugged him as to how she enjoyed it since he’s the writer, which drove his ADHD rattled mind back to the question of fan fiction coming to life along with the characters involved. But, this one would be different. He cracked his knuckles in preparation. Because this one, this one was a biggie. They all are, but this was Mare. Someone had to take her on for her crimes. Every Queen had one out to get her.

This time, it just happened to be Nick himself…

“About time you came back!” He heard the captive who would be bound to this story forever (or until it was finished, whichever ended first) yell from her current place, still chained to the hovering wall for all this time. Nick looked around, it felt more real, this tale, than the last time. He didn’t know why. Was this just because he was enjoying writing despite himself? He couldn’t explain it. Maybe all fan fictions were this weird while being written. He couldn’t say, this being his first and all. But if he didn’t know any better, which he did, he would say that this world was becoming more…REAL by the second, or more accurately, by the chapter.

“My story, I got busy.”

“And I get shit for never updating. Sheesh, it was longer than weeks by the way, try months!”

“How the hell did you know what I was thinking before I even picked up the laptop? And it has been weeks, just not in the story. So ha.” The blonde boy band member blinked with surprise. “Yay I can say Hell!”

“Hell isn’t a curse word, it is a place in the bible, you’d think with all the time you spend with Brian you’d know that. And cause, you didn’t know? We’re connected.”

“Connected how.”

“You’re connected to the characters, even ones you steal out of the real world and trap in the story. Which by the way how the fuck did you manage that? I mean I know I’m not fake. And the fact I know your thoughts, too many scares me. Damn boy do you ever stop thinking about sex? Stay away from your psycho groupies!”

“You’re crazy.”

“Says the person writing a mass murder fiction about fanfic writers.”

“*Bleep* it.”

She snickered, always amused at his own failings to control his own story. “I never get sick of the censor.”

“How the *bleep* do I turn it off?”

“Aww if I tell you, it takes away my one joy here, so yeah, not happening. Where’s AJ? I like him better in here.”

He smirked as he grabbed his plans, plans to take down the new leader of fiction. Perhaps if he got her, she’d be the ultimate example for all the ones following her. She was the queen of that world after all. And she had tortured him; oh she had in inventive ways no one else as twisted could think up. “He’s painting his nails.”

“And I still manage to look better than you Carter.” The tattooed “rebel” of the group replied as he spoofed on the scene, with quite the what the hell styled look on his face.

“Spoofed on the scene? You have to be kidding me.”

“The spell check kept changing poof to spoof aight!”

“Then override the damn thing. Lord.” A roll of her eyes came with the reply. “Do I have to write this damn thing for you so I can go back to my life? Jesus Howie Christ.”

She heard the darker haired mess of a Backstreet boy snicker-

“Shut the fuck up Nick! And Jesus Howie Christ. I like that.”

The scenery whipped around them as winds began to pick up around them in the void they had been floating in. It was most as if the area had become an impressionist’s painting flying about them. Suddenly they were in the woods, with the only sound around them being what should have been the soothing hoots of an owl.

“Soothing hoots of an owl? Oh lord. At least the other description is getting better. About damn time. And what I’m still floating in the woods? What the hell? And where did you go?”

“I’m still *bleep*-ing new at this! And I hate the *bleep* censor! What, I can’t even say *bleep* still?! *Bleep* is in the bible too! Ahhhh! God *bleep*-ing *bleep* it!”

AJ laughed. “I like how crazy you drive him.”

“Brian would be happy, Nick can’t curse still.” Rose joked with a small grin. Small because hanging forever from a wall was beginning to be a bit tiring if nothing else.

A young girl was seen in the distance, about 5’5”, wavy brown hair, and a slimmer build. She glanced around confused beyond reason. Her clothes were simple, and there was a piano that appeared soon beside her. It reminded them all of how Kevin looked in the Incomplete music video. Basically the concept of a girl and a piano magically spoofing into the woods for no apparent reason whatsoever. “I went from teaching to here. Did evil groundhogs finally find a way to get me?”

Rose’s eyes widened. “Mare! Run!”

The blonde’s laughter can be heard-

“Could! Damn! Tense issues much?” The young queen huffed, adjusting the silver-no, gold tiara resting upon her lovely head. As she wished it of course, for she was Mare, the Queen, or Empress of all things Backstreet Boys Fanfiction. There wasn’t a fan, writer, or reader of the genre who didn’t know her with her many (Prolific Nick!) (Shut the hell up!) writings. So of course, he knew of her. She tortured him in new creative ways few authors rarely ever dreamed of doing. With such a gift, came great power, as Mare soon realized in her new setting.

“Oooh I think I like it here. Groundhogs be dammed. What am I doing here though? And Rose, why are you floating in the air with a wall while AJ imitates a laughing hyena?”

The blonde’s laughter COULD be heard-

“Better.”

THE BLONDE’S LAUGHTER COULD BE HEARD! And so it was, echoing around them, yet no one could capture a glimpse of the mastermind who seemed to be behind it all. Vanished into nothing but thin air it appeared, ready to take out the next in line. Night had fallen upon them, without the gentle glow of the moon above. Shadows dominated the woods in all ways, and a howling accompanied the shadows as well. It had to be only the wind they all assumed…

Mare shrugged as she picked up a tomato in the woods.

“How the *bleep* did you find a tomato!?” The writer’s voice resounded from the dark heavens above. Or sounded like such anyway.

“Sounded good? I just wish I had some ice cream for it. Oh well. And we didn’t assume, we know it’s the wind.”

…they all assumed, but it was more, far more. Spirits haunted their surroundings, a chain saw sputtering to life from an unknown distance. Blades glimmered from a hand in the dark night from an unknown source. It was to be the Queen of Fanfiction’s final hour. Steps are heard as the three come closer, still somehow remaining hidden from her line of vision.

“I like this, hey where are the bunnies? I like fluffy bunnies…”


*********

“Nick?! Niiick! Bone? AJ! Come on, we need y’all both for the sound check!” Brian’s voice was undeniably heard as he boarded the tour bus belonging to the youngest band mates. And yet there was nothing. Silence was all that could greet him. His gaze shifted as he went towards the bunks. Maybe the lazy ones of the bunch were sleeping again. All he found was a computer, featuring some document Nick was writing. Perhaps a song?

He sat, having forgotten about the sound check he needed the two so badly for. It was a story, well who knew Nick wrote? Laughter came from the southern man, loudly and clearly. Oh wait until he told Howie Nick got bored to the point where he actually wrote a fan fiction story himself. Brian cracked his knuckles, leaning back to stretch for just a moment. Maybe he could add a bit himself…

“If you want a happy ending, we shouldn’t go on.”

“Why’s that? Random much Kaos?”

Nick growled, visible once more. And it wasn’t by choice. What the hell? He’s writing this thing, why did he feel so insider-ish with it. And where… that was when he realized it. His eyes skipped around in search of the one he needed. No. It couldn’t be! Impossible!

“How the *BLEEPY BLEEP BLEEP BLEEPITY BLEEEEEEEEEEEP* did Mare escape!?!?!?”


Now, the true tale had begun.