- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my first crack at a rated r story. Like I said I'm not really into romance stories, and this is not a typical romance story. You got to read on to find out what it's about. =)
Another day, another night, but the routine will always remain the same. She’d walk into the bar, take her place at the stool and order nothing but ice tea. She’d always wear something revealing, but tonight she wore a black, laced corset with tight-fitted jeans. Her hair cascaded down freely down her shoulders while her neck and wrists shimmered from the jewels she wore. She had a caramel complexion and her hair was jet black. Thick, black eyeliner and mascara was caked on her eyes, causing her brilliant green eyes to stand out almost painfully. How would one know all this information about one person? Because Nick Carter had done nothing but observe her from the day he walked into the bar to have a couple shots by himself.

She always sat at the same stool and always ordered the same drink, meanwhile he’d always find a seat that was a great distance from her while he just stared at her, downing his shots. He hadn’t built up the courage to approach her, so he’d always watch her from a distance.

Tonight she was sitting by herself as she always did, drinking her ice tea while looking around. Nick kept an intense stare on her until he found her emerald eyes penetrating his crystal blue one. He instantly broke his stare and glanced away, praying that she didn’t catch him staring at her. He hesitantly glanced back to find her talking to the bartender and laughing. Every once in a great while she’d glance at him, and would resume talking to the bartender. His heart began to pound in his chest when she saw him pointing at him and talking to the bartender. The bartender simply nodded and grabbed liquor to concoct a drink. She thanked him and grabbed the two large glasses he handed her. He tried to ease his racing heart but it only increased in speed when he finally realized that she was now making her way over towards him.

“Is this seat taken?” she asked him.

Nick downed another shot before he answered her, “No ma’am.”

She smiled, revealing white, pearly teeth behind her glimmering, red painted lips. She sat down and had pushed one of the tall glasses over towards him. “Do you like Long Island Ice Tea?”

“Um, sure.” He lied. He slowly grabbed the cup and took a small sip; he could feel her eyes on him, watching him slowly drink.

She smiled, “I couldn’t help to notice that you were all alone over here so I decided to join you. Oh, and because you were just staring at me.”

Nick felt himself beginning to blush, “I’m sorry about that, I kind of mistaken you for someone I know.”

The smile quickly fell from her face, “Oh.” She muttered. “I’m sorry.” She apologized as she rose from her seat.

Nick immediately snapped up from his seat as well, “Wait, where you going?”

“I just thought…” she began but quickly paused, as if trying to find the right words to say. “I’m sorry, it was a mistake coming over here to bother you.”

“No, please… I didn’t mean what I said earlier, I mean…” Nick now found himself babbling. “I could use the company.”

A smile soon found it’s way back on her face and she slowly sat back down in her seat while Nick did the same. “So, do you have a name?” Nick questioned her as he took another sip of the drink she handed to him.

“Yeah, do you?” she retorted.

Nick chuckled and held his hand out to her, “Nick.”

She grabbed his hand and shook it, “Helena.”

“Helena?” he repeated. “Beautiful name.”

“Why thank you. So, if you don’t mind me asking… why are you here by yourself?”

“Well,” he sighed, “I always come to the bar by myself, I kind of like to drink by myself. And, if you don’t mind me asking, why do you always come here by yourself?”

“Oh, so not only do you stare at me but you also watch me?” she laughed.

Nick grinned sheepishly, “No… it’s just, it isn’t hard to notice a beautiful lady like yourself walking into a bar with no ring on her finger nor no company.”

“I guess I prefer to be by myself at times… it really depends on my mood.”

“Interesting, so what’s your mood right now.”

“Curious.”

“Curious?” he repeated. He wasn’t sure if it was the alcohol or his hormones talking for him. “Curious about what?”

“As to why a strapping young gentlemen like yourself doesn’t have a ring on his finger nor any company.” She mocked.

Nick gave his famous grin; she was obviously oblivious to the fact that he was a superstar. “You want to get out of here?”

“It depends…” she said seductively as her finger danced lazily around the rim of her glass. “where did you have in mind?”

“Back to my hotel.” Something was really wrong with him, his mind was telling him to take things slow while his body was screaming at him to get her back to his place.

“You have a hotel?” she asked smiling, realizing that the drink was taking its affect

He simply nodded and rose from his seat, holding his hand out for her to take. She looked up at him with a smirk on her face and grabbed his hand, allowing him to pull her up off her chair and away with him. Little did Nick know what he was about to get himself into, nor did he know that he was now apart of her little game.