- Text Size +
His eyes snapped open and glazed over the room. His body felt stiff and sore and his head was pounding loudly within his head. Slowly, he raised his right hand to his face, wincing when he felt his body protest at the sudden movement. He tried to rub the sleep from his eyes, and that’s when he noticed that his vision was a bit blurry. He pushed himself up from the bed, gasping when a new pain wracked his head. His eyes glanced over the room, everything still coming in a blur.

He couldn’t remember anything that happened last night, but whatever he drank must have been one hell of a drink to leave him with this massive hangover. Hesitantly, he got up from his bed and painstakingly made his way to the bathroom. He blindly reached his hand out to search for the light, and when he finally found it he flicked it on.

He squinted his eyes shut, the bright light becoming too much for him. When he was finally able to adjust to it, he opened his eyes, his vision becoming a little clearer. He stared at himself, his face contorting in puzzlement when he seen an angry purple, red mark on his neck. He tilted his head to the side and gently touched it, wondering when in the hell he got a hickey. His eyes widened when he realized that he must’ve brought someone back to the hotel with him.

There was a knock on his door. “Nick!” AJ called out. “Nick, I know you’re in there, it’s your lovely wake up call.”

Nick quickly left the bathroom, not even bothering to cover the hickey that decorated his neck. He opened his door and was greeted by AJ, who was dressed and looked ready to go.

AJ’s eyes widened when he seen how red Nick’s eyes were. He glanced him over and noticed the hickey that was standing out on his neck. “Whoa, looks like someone had fun last night.”

Nick looked out into the hallway to see if anyone was there. Once he realized that no one was, he quickly shot his hand out, grabbing AJ’s arm and pulling him into his room.

“What the hell are you…” AJ trailed off as he seen Nick close his door.

“Jay, look you gotta promise me something, okay? Promise me you won’t say anything?”

“Say anything about what?”

“What were you doing last night?”

“Um… I was in my room.”

“Do you remember seeing me coming in from somewhere, and if so did you see me with someone?”

AJ paused as he tried to think. Finally, he shook his head. “No, not that I recall…” he continued to stare at Nick as his eyes grew wide again. “Holy shit Nick, don’t tell me you got shitfaced and can’t even remember what you did last night.”

“No,” Nick began, “I can’t… I can’t even remember where the hell I went and what the hell I had to drink.”

“That bad, huh?” AJ asked, a smirk growing on his face.

“This is not funny AJ!” Nick snapped, angered at the fact that he thought it was funny. “This is scaring the shit out of me, what if someone spiked my drink or something…” he continued to think his thought over when his eyes suddenly grew wide. “what if someone raped me?”

AJ couldn’t hold it in anymore, he busted out laughing. Nick’s face began to turn red, his anger growing by the second. “I’m sorry,” AJ apologized. “I know, it’s not funny it’s just… I think you would know if you were raped dude.”

Nick sat down on the edge of the bed, wincing at the thought. “I’m not talking about a guy, what if some girl, some crazy fan raped me.”

“What man wouldn’t want a girl raping them? That’s like a dream come true dude, to have a girl tie you down to a bed, have her seduce you and then she…”

“Alright AJ,” Nick interjected. “I don’t need you painting out a goddamn picture for me.”

“I’m just saying man, you should’ve enjoyed it if that’s what happened.”

“How could I enjoy anything when I can’t even remember what the hell happened?”

“Well, if it helps, you have the hickey to remind you.”

Nick gingerly touched the hickey on his neck while AJ continued to laugh. “I’m glad that you find this all funny. Not only is a girl raping me wrong, but what if she comes back and attacks me with some… goddamn lawsuit about me having to take care of her and a child?”

AJ tried to bring his laughter to a cease. “Oh god Nick… you’ve got quite an imagination lemme tell ya. Don’t worry so much about it man, you’re back here, safe and sound and that’s all that matters. Now, hurry the hell up and get dressed. I’m sure you don’t want to be explaining this story to Kevin, although your gonna have to anyway because he’s gonna see that hickey on your neck.”

“Is that suppose to make me feel any better?”

“I’m just saying man, I’d rather explain this story to a calm, and willing-to-listen Kevin than a erratic, I’m-gonna-kick-your-ass-for-being-sucha-dumb-blond Kevin.”

“Thanks Alexander… remind me to never see you when I have a dilemma.”

“Whatever dude, just hurry the hell up.” And with that, he was gone, out of his room.

Nick sighed and raked his hand through his hair. He walked back into the bathroom and over to the mirror to look at himself one more time. He closed his eyes, squeezing it close as he tried to remember something, anything from last night. But, try as he might, nothing came to mind. He rubbed his hands over his face, his hand trailing down to the mark that was prominent. How in the hell was he suppose to explain this to Kevin?