- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
It has been long time and I though I would never write again, I remembered that I promised my best friend to finish it, therefore I am back just for AJ's sake
Late 2003 Nick went back home after a long tour around the US, it was perfect time for him to gather the pieces of his life, there she was still as beauty as he ever seen her.
Her name was Jamie, she was just the girl next door, the girl he wondered if he can ask her on a first date, but then he got into the busy life of the backstreet boys, solo album and helping some friends here and there made it just another dream.

He wasn't getting any younger yet time stopped at his 17th birthday party when she came and gave him that black leather hand made braided strap with the a little cross hanging from it at the front side "In Lord thee trust" was engraved and on the back of it was "May all the angels save you for me"
It was a moment he knew she shared his feelings but then he feared that she might have this hotshot fan affection for him.
He decided to be a friend thinking she would reveal her true self in time, in time he discovered she was true to him as a nick carter the guy next door not the BsB guy.
But it was hard on him to tell her the truth or be with her for long time, first because of his on of relation ship with many girls.
And then because he didn't see her a lot in the past couple of years to be sure if she still carry those feelings for him.

********************

He stepped of the cab, looking around him smelling the scent of his home, long time since he saw his family and stayed with them and he wondered if Jamie was still next door.
He picked his bag and took a little walk toward the door, "Hello there BJ, Lez. Angie. Where the Hell are you all?" he looked the foyer. Strangely empty and silent.
"Didn't anyone told them I am coming today?" he thought to himself then as he headed to the kitchen to grab a drink a note was on the fridge.

"Hey Nicky,
Glad You Are Home Bro…
We Are At the Martins Place,
Jamie Is Having a Nice Party,
Have Some Rest & Follow Us,
Missed Ya
Angel."

Nick looked at the note and smiled, she still lives next door good. He went to his old room. Still the same and he could've bet that the necklace is still in the drawer were he kept it for all those years.
He changed into jeans and a black T-shirt with a fiery dragon on it. And never forgot to but the leather strap on his wrist for a completion.
As he entered the garden his eyes were looking for someone he would know, his eyes found both his sisters and Jamie standing to the pool, she, as always caught his eyes, wearing a simple flowered sundress, she saw him and smiled mouthing "hi" to him
He smiled back to her and headed to them
"Hi there to you" he said to her
"Long time Mister Nick… how was your tour?" she replied
He smiled a little "fine though I expected more but fine."
Some how what ever silly fool meaningless words they shared, made them lose the track of time.
As they were sitting by the pool Nick finally decided to confess her his feelings, at first she looked at him, he could see her eyes wanting to ask him what took him so long, but was he sure of what he was doing only God knew about it.
"Jamie I want to ask you about something and hope you don't mind me. But I …" he raised his hand to comb his hair, that's when she saw the cross hanging out from his hand.
"Oh my god! You still have it?" she looked at him in surprise.
"Yeah actually it is the first time I wear it… I kept it a side because I wanted to …. I wanted to be sure once I had it that the words I am about to say were in the right place and time Jamie… can you tell me why? "
She looked at him and smiled "Well.. Why ? that is a strange question! I always prayed for god to keep you safe ever since you moved in nick I was trying to let you see me and make you understand what I felt but then .. I never was even close to all the girls you had around gosh I gave you this as an omen to keep all the girls away from you and bring you back to me, beat me I was only 15 and you were 17 I had a major crush on the guy next door!"
The feeling inside him was urging him to speak up to save the moment, to finally tell her he had the same feeling to her.