- Text Size +
What left of that summer went fast, the days that Nick spent around Jamie seemed to be endless, he felt that he was gathering all those lost moment he should have been with her, and she was willing to take all the swinging moods he had, all the time.
The only thing he never was capable to understand was Mr. Henry Martin, her father.
Henry Martin used every possible way to show Nick how unwelcome he was. He gave both nick and Jamie hard times when ever they went out, regardless the fact that
Jamie was about 20 it was strange to him.

Nick knew some thing was wrong, that was when he decided to tell Jamie about his feeling.
He had this crazy intuition about it, he remembered when he was about to kiss her, the very first time, she flinched, it was something strange and he knew deep inside that what ever made Jamie scared, it was either from him or from Ms. Martin, and he know that he had to help her getting through it.

*******************
Jamie lived with her parents, first it was for saving every dime she can use on her education , she needed to finish a good school and she wanted to keep focusing on studying , she had enough distraction from loving nick , she didn't want anything more to come along.

Both the Martins never looked like her, none of her parents, the only thing she shared with her mom was the blood type, that is all, and her assumingly dad was even worst and harder on her, she had to think about it a lot before she started suspecting that she's not their daughter!
*******************

The only thing that meant the world to her in this family was Timothy (aka Tiger) she had to keep it all in side because Tiger needed all her support, she promised him after he finishes his High school she would leave with him and never look back.

Tiger wanted to make sure that their road was easy on both of them so secretly he told his coach about how much he needed to have a sport scholarship, he worked double the average student in both his academic and athlete chances, he wasn't going to blow any chance on going to a good school with his sister.

After all she already gave up couple of years from her own life telling the world she needed time away from school while really she was waiting, protecting and helping him.

******************

"For god's sake Tiger what are you doing in my room at 5 A.m.? If dad saw you here he'd kick your a** and you know it!" Jamie looked at her brother as he waked her up 5 A.m. in the morning.
"Jay Jay, I have something to tell you, but you came late yesterday I couldn't tell you about it while he was around, coach Rogers told me that I got 2 offers for M.I.T. and UCLA, on the other hand Ms. Browning told me if I want she can talk about me to her friend in Harvard. I know it is crazy 3universities are fighting to have me but I don't want to go anywhere without you and you know it! "

Jamie looked at Ttiger, his eyes shone with hope on a way she missed for so long,
Then worry swapped her if her father knew all about it , he'll never allow it to happened


Finally she was going out with nick and the guys she felt like heaven, she knew Nick but she never had the chance to meet the guys face to face.

It was supposed to be on the same Saturday Tiger had his important match in the school league. She was planning on taking Nick to the game then going out clubbing with him.

As she went down the stairs she was surprised to see tiger facing her father.
"Dad I have to go the match! Coach Rogers depends on me, our team would lose our chance to go to the states final DAD!" tiger was argueing his Dad.
"You have to make a choice either you going to the match or your sister Bitching around."

A SHOCKING FEELING IS ALL WHAT SHE FELT

"I told you Timothy either you Or Jamie out tonight, you have to pick!"
"But Dad it is an important game for our team, coach Rogers won't understand it, the whole school depends on me…"

She only saw her father poking tiger on the shoulder, she didn't want him to get mad from their father it would be the worst scenarios
"And don't you think I would feel proud once your sister went on bitching around that Carter"

It was the last thing she ever thought her own father would have said
It was then Tiger saw her standing, listening to their conversation.

****************

Tiger ran after his sister
"Jamie you know he didn't mean it!"
"Tiger, he meant every word he said don't worry go to your game, please go and get the scholarship you need it I'll call Nick and tell him"

*****************

"Nick I can't come feeling little sick don't worry I'll be ok have fun"

Nick read the text message he got form Jamie and wondered about it, just this afternoon she was extra fine but now she is not ok, he should check on her later.

******************

Jamie watched the clock turning into 10pm she wished to be with Nick partying and having fun but she is stuck in her room, she didn't want to see her father that night,

She freaked out as she heard knocking on her window, she went and opened it

"OH MY GOD NICK… What are you doing here?" she whispered.
"I knew you were not sick, it didn't make sense to me, and when I talked to your father he told me you went with Tiger to his match, but it didn't make sense, then I saw your light's on so here I am."

"Oh Nick…" Jamie was speechless she gave nick a big hug then as he entered the room she knew she had to explain everything to him eventually.

*********************

"I am going to do it, I told coach Roger's about everything "
Tiger told her later as he came back from his winning match, she looked at him
"What did you tell him Tiger!?"
"I told him how our supposed father abuses both of us, verbally emotionally and physically. Jamie don’t tell me he doesn't do that, he does, I saw him hitting you couple of times, not only for you but also he did it to me too; Coach Rogers told me that there is a way for me and you to get out of here. I know you can leave, but you keep waiting from me, I have 6 weeks before my 18th birthday and there is some legal action the coach will help me doing and I'll leave this place as soon as possible"