- Text Size +
"Yo Nick guess who's here..."
A.J.'s voice echoed through the living room.

Some how Nick managed to rush out to meet his friend, then Jamie followed him, she was little surprised by the visit, as a matter of a fact both of them were Relaxing on the couch - snuggling in each other's sweet embrace.

Jamie needed that; meeting A.J was something that would happened so blissfully for her, for the first time, she didn’t want any one to disturb the peace she had within Nick's arms.

**********************

A.J looked at the girl standing behind Nick then smiled, "so let me guess, this is the same girl living next door right Jessie or something like that"
Jamie smiled to the notion that A.j knows about her, so she smiled back correction him "Jamie, Jamie Martins."
"Well hi Jamie Martins, Great to meet you finally, Nick spent 3 years talking about the girl next door, no wonder he has a crush on you , you look … wow girl." Said A.J in a tune that made her smile.
It was nice to find someone who wouldn't be judgmental over her feeling to Nick and even love the kind of relationship she shared with Nick

It didn't take A.J long before he grabbed her into a hug saying "You thought b'cuz you are his Girlfriend I wont hit on you at least with a hug ! Welcome to our life girl"
He said and she didn't know what to say for a second but it was all fine for her she felt right and great.

***********************

Jamie was trying her best to forget all the insults her father said but deep in her heart she was hurt, it didn't take her that much to try her forgetting, it was her 20 birthday and Nick decided to throw her a big party to celebrate it in a style, he wanted to prepare a surprise party.
He did his best on keeping her busy with all kind of activities so she wouldn't notice the preparation he was doing, and the only helping hands he had were A.J's hand.

AJ's job was mainly to make her busy as much as he could; he started hanging out with her; shopping together, going on to little places to have coffee or some donates, somehow AJ found himself attracted to this lady, to his friends girlfriend, and that didn't make it any easier on him.

He wanted many times to tell Nick that he can't go on with Jamie, but as soon as he hear her voice and see her smile, he would find himself willingly dragging his heals to go on with her. He wasn't sure why, maybe it was because he just ended this semi great fantastic relationship that he had with Kathy or was it because of the hidden beauty Jamie held behind her sad warm green eyes, he felt like being home all the way, she was getting him found of her so easily and hardly in the same time.

Nick called every single one to go on partying with them, he booked the best catering, best DJ's the best floweriest and even ordered the most perfect cake he could imagine.

He hoped that Jamie love it, he wanted the party to be perfect, yet one thing kept bugging him; every single one of his friends would come with a date, except of AJ, because he just broke of his relation with his last girlfriend.

It sounded really stupid, but he needed to fix him with someone, but surely not with a
Carter girl Nick thought a lot about it and still couldn't find an answer.

And in his mind he had one thought AJ mustn't leave the party without being introduced to a nice girl. The party must be full of drop dead hot girls

*******************

Everyone responded happily to attend the surprise party; Nick couldn't ask for more, he told Jamie about his desire to hook his friend AJ with a girl, he wanted AJ to be busy with a new girl that wouldn't mind who he was or what was his job or his fame or how mush he has in his bank account. That is when Jamie told Nick that she had the perfect girl to suit AJ.

*************

"Com'on Jamie I wouldn't think would work out" she said to her best friend
"Why not? He is cool nice person that wouldn't mind hanging out with you in a mall or at a manicure session, someone who would enjoy pampering you, and plus my friend, I know for a fact the huge crush you have for him." Jamie replied
"But I don't …." She never managed to finish her words
"OK then tomorrow at 5 you'll be at my place and we'll go out with him, believe me you'll like it and he'll find you hot girl"

Finally the day Nick was waiting came.
Nick hardly convinced Jamie to celebrate her 21 birthday with a style.
He tried hard to get her into Howie's club, so she went there convinced that it was a simple party including just friends and close ones, but as Jamie entered with Nick she was surprised with this huge number of people wishing her a happy birthday, it was something she never expected at all, it was a dream come true.

Along the guests were all the Backstreet boys, her friends, Tiger was there, and her best friend ever Alexis, everything was perfect.

It was something great, many upbeat dance songs, just to make it all clear the only thing that was missing some paparazzi in the party.

Some how Howie noticed the strange look on AJ's face; he took him a side for a talk.

As they entered the management office, Howie looked at AJ and tried to make a joke out of what he noticed.
"AJ what's up man, some how I cannot figure you, if I didn't know you better I could have said that your eyes never left Nick's girl at all?"

"Gosh D. was it that obvious?" AJ looking worried.

"Oh my God Are you?" It was Howie who got surprised this time, "You have something for Jamie?"

"I dunno man; I don't want to have these feelings but…" AJ was looking in his pocket for a cigarette, the as he took one and light it.

"Look D, it started as Nick asked me to make Jamie busy so he could prepare this party, ok… No wait let me be truthful it was back to couple of years, when we were flying in the tour, you know how Nick hates flying we talked about lots everything, so he talked a lot about the girl next door called Jamie… I let it pass it didn't mean a thing back then, but I was really so ready to hang around a girl like her, any time any day. So three weeks ago we start hanging out; and let's say we trusted each other in many things because JAMIE and I had something common between us like we both had to survive a great life," AJ said sarcastically.

He took a breath then gazed into his hands before throwing himself on a nearby chair.

"A strange feeling of trusting each other; you can say that we became closer, like we've known each other for Ages, I think that my feelings are mixed. I don't know if they are love feelings… yeah I know they sound crazy but I am confused and lonely. The only person that I always find to cheer me up, is her, she doesn't question a thing I do, she don't freak out if I told her that -some times- I long for some crack, or when I say that I wish to have a drink or two. She trusts me and always tells me that they are all feelings, which come and go..."

Howie looked at AJ. "She is right, so are the feelings you are having for her, they'll go because for Christ sake she is Nick's girlfriend?!"

"I know that, it is the last thing I'd ever want to do is to break his heart, I know how much Jamie means to Nick and that Nick have tried over the past 2 years to really make Jamie see his true love but at the same time I can't hide this feeling and I do L…"

Just as he was about to continue his words Jamie opened the door , "Here you are Both of you, com'on won't you sing me something with Nick, Brian and Kevin… com'on it is my birthday…" she smiled at them

"Oh we would love to right AJ?" Howie smiled back at her and looked at AJ.

"Oh yes we would but first I would love to give Jamie her birthday gift, it is something I recorded the other day, not finished but it is for her, just go ahead Howie we'll come soon."
AJ informed, but some how Howie felt hard on leaving them, hesitated then as Jamie looked at him.
"It is ok Howie go and surprise me with a song I am sure AJ can deal with any song you'll pick we'll follow soon"
So that was it, and as Howie left the room AJ turned on the CD player that was in the office and place a CD in it.
It did not take a couple of minutes before the song played in the back

"I've seen people come and go
See people fall in and outta love
As my mother told me she said don't let life control me
But I did
So what you think of me
What you think of me now?
Of who I am?

I'm everything you wanted me to be
But as you can see not very happy (no)

I need sometime to find myself in me
And I need sometime to find true love
But if I can't then I won't stop trying
If I don't then I won't live lying, yeah
What do people really want?
They wanna be happy
They wanna be happy"

Hearing the song Jamie felt tears in her eyes, it was something no one had ever given such a gift, in her heart she didn't know what to believe or say.

"OH AJ that is just so beautiful song dear, I don't know what to say cuz even thank you doesn't seem enough," Jamie was trying to find some words to say but AJ stepped in front of her.

"Jamie I actually wanted to tell you something that has been so heavy on my chest but I can't keep it hide, I … I think I am falling in love with you"
Jamie looked at his face, realizing the words he just said, his eyes were already fixed on her
"I know it is hard to believe it but I am sure that I found myself with you lately in a way that I have never felt before."
As he was looking at her Jamie was truly confused it was hard to get it inside her mind that one of her new best friend and the best friend of her beloved one has ctually fallen in love for her.

She realized how close he was to her as was about to kiss her, she slowly moved her head whispering, "AJ I truly respect your feelings, but I am deeply in love with Nick, and that is a thing I can't deny."

His lips ended up on her cheeks printing a simple & gentle kiss there he wished if she knew the turmoil he had in his heart, the loneliness he felt the emptiness just was to close.

As AJ headed back to switch off the players nick entered.
"Hey you both what took you so long we are ready to sing you one hell of a song J.J"
Nick looked around AJ was moving slowly while tears were shown on Jamie's cheeks,
"What is it honey? What happened?" nick questioned feeling worried