- Text Size +
It started raining, and Jamie wasn't sure where to go, she ran away, never looked back, she wanted to find some thing to relief the pain. She wasn't sure why it hurt worst than before.

"Rain on me, wash the pain, just rain on me." She was singing humming and almost shouting.

*************


Nick drove in to his place, he was busy this night, Jamie's party was a blast, he was called after driving her home to the studio, and he recorded a new line, nothing was about to ruin his night.

The rain was pouring in; he loved the rain and the smell it reflects.

As he was parking his car a shadow appeared to him, some one was on the steps and it made him wonder, why a person would wait for him about 2a.m.

He slowly stepped out of the car and silently went to that person.

As the light brought it clear to his vision, it was Jamie, totally wet, and probably spent the past hour waiting for him.

He bent to her, "Honey... Jamie, Everything's OK"
she opened her eyes, they were red shots as if she was crying , buffed up and totally sad one.

"Nick ... " she never managed to complete her sentence, she just buried herself in his arms.

She didn't want to talk about anything; she wanted him to hold her.

He felt the coldness of her hand, the shiver of her body, and the warm tears of her on his skin, they didn't need to be out in the rain.

He helped her up to her feet, and then as he felt her weakness he held her up, and carried her inside.

***********************


She was there on the couch, hugging, rocking and humming to her self.
Nick couldn’t understand it, she looked like a wreck; she was so troubled, didn't know what to go or where to head, like she was shocked all.

Nick disappeared for couple of moments before he get back to her, she looked at him as he was holding some dry clothes.
"Babe... you better change into something warm and dry"

She looked at him, and once again in her thoughts, she threw her self back into his arms, all the sudden his phone rang.

"Nick, I am not here, please!" she told him
He looked at her in surprise
"You meant you don't want any one to know you are here?"
"yeah?"


**************************


In another half an hour, nick thought that Jamie gained back the warmth from his embrace, he was still there holding her, he lied to her brother telling him he never saw her, she figured out that perhaps Tiger did tell Nick about the argument with her dad, perhaps that is why nick is not asking her about anything.

"Nick... He told me he never was my Dad!" she finally managed to speak, never shifting his position, yet holding her tighter, "Tiger told me Babe"
he heard her sniffing, then getting closer into his hold.


"He told me he was waiting me to grow then pay him back! I thought he was kidding me but then mom was there, she stood by him, she didn't even stop him as he ...."


As she stopped talking, Nick looked at her.
"What did he do Jamie, did he hurt you!?"
"He is just out of my life Nick just please I don't want to talk about him anymore please?!" she told him, she looked strange for him but he couldn't manage to figure out why, he thought that it was from the shock of what she revealed.

He didn't need any reply from her to know that this stupid Henry Martin did treat her badly, if not this night, her birthday night, at least for what ever she felt in the past 20 years of her life and he should pay for such actions.


When Alexis woke up the next day, she was still on the couch, the only thing she remembered was A.J. & her doing some improvements on her melody, she felt a sleep, she laid her head on his shoulder, he hugged her closer then she fell asleep...

But as she woke up this morning he wasn't beside her.
"Alex..." she called
"A.J., where are you?" she called again, but she heard nothing, he was gone.

He left without saying goodbye and she didn't know why.
He left her in confusion, with many what's and why's in her head.