- Text Size +
Nick could not sleep, he realized that Jamie was tiered so he picked her up to his bedroom, slowly placing her on the sheets and covering her.
Something felt strange in his heart, he was wondering about the day she will wake up in his bed, and she would be the first thing he ever sees in the morning, but he never wished it to happen under such circumstances.
 
He wanted to have a walk around, to get rid of all the crazy thought he had in his mind, as he was walking around the pool he saw a little nylon bag near of it.
 
He thought it was from the neighborhood, probably some kid trying to do a stunt on him.
He entered the living room, looking around him and he recalled that Jamie's clothes were totally wet, so Nick took Jamie's wet outfit to put it in the dryer.
 
He whistled all his way there, and before putting the clothes in the machine, he started emptying the pockets that was when he found this small plastic bag with a white powder in it, his heart sank deeply.
He was not sure what to think and he did not know what that powder was, rather than it he tried to guess what was it, and he did not like what he guessed
 
"Was she's addicted?" he asked himself
 
Nick dragged his feet to the living room; he put the bag on the coffee table and started thinking of what really happened.
He did not know if why and how it happened, he could not guess and wait, he wanted to get an answer.
Nick decided to call some one who knew how it feels to taste such a thing, he needed to call the only close one he knew and had such a problem he wanted to call AJ and some how shift the blame to some one else.
 
 Therefore, at about 4:30 am he called AJ, luckily, that AJ was still awake, and his mobile was on the silent mode
 
Nick knew that A.J would be awake because AJ told him that he was finding some hard time sleeping after breaking up form Kathy. So he called him and waited.
 
It rang almost twenty times before AJ answered.
"Hi there Nick what's up man?" Asked AJ
"AJ I need you to come to my apartment, something happened and I need your help"
 
"Nick. Do you like me to call the others if it is that important?" AJ was rather concerned.
 
"No I don't want any one to know about it AJ, it is something about Jamie and I need your help"
 
"Alright Nick just give me about 30 minutes to come, We'll talk about everything."
 
Nick through his mobile on the couch and stared at the bag, this time his enemy would be the bag.
 
It didn't take him couple of minutes before he started his own monologue
 
'Why didn't you tell him about Jamie stupid?' he asked,
This situation is driving me crazy.
I am sure that AJ is clean but I need to know why Jamie had it in her pocket. What made her get drugs?' how did she get them, Gosh did AJ had any hand in it, come on  nick it is impossible and you know that, you shouldn't prejudge AJ, you never heard his defense'
 
He wanted make any excuse to know that Jamie was innocent, He needed to know if AJ noticed anything, if he saw her with some one, a drug dealer.
 
 
***************
 As AJ was heading to the door of Alexis apartment he remembered that his the car was still in the parking lot at Tabu, He needed to get as fast as he  can to Nick to he allowed himself to take Alexis car.
 ***************
 
AJ finally got to Nick's home, the sun was about to raise, and AJ was anxious to know what the emergency.
He used his keys and rushed into the living room, he saw nick sitting there looking upset and staring at a plastic bag on the table.
 
He didn't need to look twice to knew exactly what was it.
He thought that it was for Nick
 
AJ swallowed his pride and looked into Nick's Eyes
"What the heck is that Nick?"
 
"Well I guess you know about this thing right?" Nick answered,
 
AJ was not feeling better, he thought that nick got himself into trouble.
 
"Nick… Why?  Why are you doing this? How long has this been happening?"
 
Nick looked at AJ and wanted to tell him, He could see what AJ thought, and he had to tell him that he didn't get himself into addiction.
 
AJ was feeling bad by every passed second; he failed to protect his young brother and friend.
 
"This shit ain't mine AJ; I found them in Jamie's jacket"
 
AJ felt totally shocked how could a sweet person like Jamie put herself in this bad position, how could she be addicted, why he never noticed that.
He could have known if the person was a drug dealer or addict but not Jamie, she was not like any of them, and even though he took her to visit many places, they never crossed any of them.
 
 It was totally shocking.
 
AJ sat next to Nick and started discussing with him.
"When did she had the drugs? And how come we've never seen the signs?" Nick asked
"it is easy to hide signs Nick. You can look very normal and at the end of the day you get yourself high that no one notices? But when you left the club where did you go first? AJ asked
"I drove her home then went back to the studio, I had to finish some recording, then as I got in at about 3am I found her on the steps, sleeping, wet and in a total mess."
 
"Now Nick you drove her home at about 11-12 and when you got to home it was about 3 am, there was about 3 hours missing of her life, she could get herself high and god knows what so ever."
 
"But AJ she was was sleeping in the rain when I found her." Nick looked at his friend
"Are you sure that she was sleepin? She might have ….." AJ  stopped talking for a second
"Nick where her Eyes red and her face looked extremely tired?"
"Yep, she was not focusing and she looked numb, she didn't want to talk to Tiger"
 
Nick got more suspicious, his talk with AJ didn't make him feel any better, he needed to talk to Jamie once she woke up.
            ***************
 
It was about 8:15 when AJ and Nick heard some noise from the bedroom, they realized that Jamie was now awake.
 
As Jamie opened her eyes, she found her self in lying in this big bed. She remembered what she have done, she felt disgusted and wanted to cry.
 
She went to the bathroom and started throwing up, she was ashamed of herself , for the first time ever she felt weak, she almost killed her self trying a thing she knew that was really not safe.
 
She sat by the toilet crying, she felt humiliated and sick of herself
 
"Are you Ok J.J?" he was worried
She heard his voice and looked at him to find AJ staring at her too, the shame she felt grew bigger.
She buried her face in her hands, started crying more before she felt the urge to throw up again, and leaned to the toilet.
 
AJ held her immediately, and ordered Nick to prepare a huge mug of black bitter coffee. He knew that she needed to get that toxic out of her system
 
He pulled a towel and washed her face, then forced her to stand form the floor, he was little stiff with her, he didn't mean it but he couldn't understand why anyone would do it to herself.