- Text Size +
"Are you Ok J.J?" he was worried

She heard his voice and looked at him to find AJ staring at her too, the shame she felt grew bigger.

She buried her face in her hands, started crying more before she felt the urge to throw up again, and leaned to the toilet.

AJ held her immediately, and ordered Nick to prepare a huge mug of black bitter coffee. He knew that she needed to get that toxic out of her system

He pulled a towel and washed her face, then forced her to stand form the floor, he was little stiff with her, he did not mean it but he could not understand why anyone would do it to herself.

"I am sorry AJ. I shouldn't have done that." She told him as he placed her on the bed
"You shouldn’t have done what Jamie?" he pretended that he never knew.
"I did a horrible thing yesterday." She told him. "I tried …." she looked at him and tried to catch a breath before she continued, "Drugs AJ, I bought some stuff and had them"

AJ looked at her, this time it did not make sense to him, the way she was telling him about it easily.

At that moment, Nick entered the room and sat next to her, holding her.

"Would you like me to tell Nick about it Jamie?" asked AJ

"Tell me about what?" Nick looked puzzled, what were they talking about?

"I tried some kind of drugs … yesterday" Jamie did not even look at him.
She was drawing circles on her skin with her finger.

"What did you take Jamie?" Nick held her shoulders and forced her to look at him

"I don't know Nick, I was in the park, it was late and I was crying like shit, a guy came by and offered to help me, I told him that he couldn't help, but he talked that what ever bothering me he was capable to make it easy."

"And you believe that" AJ almost shouted

"AJ you could never understand it, you were never told that the man that abused you all your life never was our father. You never had to feel the pain when some one hurts you. Or calls you names and then you find out that you are not his kid, and that you spent all of your life convincing yourself it was your fault then discovered that you lived with a lunatic AJ, My whole life was a big horrible lie, so don't start yelling at me"

She backfired at him, he didn't expect the results or the information he just heard, but some how he was capable to relate her pain,

On the other hand, Nick held her in his arms; he did not mind the spilt coffee on the sheet or his skin.

AJ could only imagine the pain she felt; knowing that she was in pain, and that it was more than she could handle.
She was strolling in the streets without knowing what to do, the rain pouring and when you are in pain if a dealer offered her an easy relief of that pain, and she was not thinking right when she got it.

"Honey I am sorry, I didn't know about that." AJ tried to soften the atmosphere

"AJ please give her time alone please," Nick told him

**************


Alexis felt so lost, she opened her eyes and looked for AJ but he wasn't there. She wished to find him in the apartment, but then it seemed that AJ wanted to leave.

She looked at the watch it was still 9 am, she still had an hour to make herself ready, she had a meeting, and she was going to be there on time.

She hurried herself and took a quick shower, prepared herself a fast breakfast, and was looking for something to wear.

She was glad that she found a clean pair of jeans; she took a mental memo,

'Alex you should get your stuff to the drycleaner ASAP'

She went to fix her make up when she heard the doorbell.

She headed there to open to door and as she opened it, she saw him looking back at her,

*****************************

She smiled as she saw him at the door; still wearing his outfit from last night, she wondered where he was?


He looked at her and he didn't know how to say it but then as she invited him inside he took the keys out of his pocket.
"I am really sorry Alexis but I borrowed your car for couple of hours?"
She looked at him in wonderment, "when did you take my car?
"this morning , something important happened and I had to deal with it and you know my car is still at tabu." He told her


she stood there looking like she didn't have millions of questions in her head, as she looked at him placing the keys on the table she was really about to explode.

"You know AJ this is a first no one , and I mean no one ever took a thing, anything I own without telling me , for god's sake, how could you? What if I called the cops and then you got into troubles?"

As Alexis showered him with zillions of questions, and he realized that he had unleashed the hidden dragon, he needed a way to distract her for a while.

He didn't know how to make her listen, he wanted her to shut up and he didn't find any other way so he leaned at her and kissed her.


Some how that one thing he choose to do was the perfect thing to shut her up, he didn't know what to expect from her.

Alexis cut her kiss with much regret she had to be somewhere in the coming half an hour, but the taste of AJ's kiss lingered in her soul.
"Why did you do that?" she whispered
He smiled at her and whispered back "Why? Was it that bad?"
She could not help not to laugh
"No… it is not bad at all it is just...I don't know you surprised me that is all'

She was trying to find a word to describe her feelings, but instead she was biting her lower lip; she started getting aware of his hands holding her tighter by the minute

She couldn't stop thinking out that kiss, she looked into his eyes and she felt as he was reading every thought she had.