- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
the song was written by me but it is done for AJ's sake
that is all....
As AJ headed back to switch off the players nick entered.
"Hey you both what took you so long we are ready to sing you one hell of a song J.J"
Nick looked around AJ was moving slowly while tears were shown on Jamie's cheeks,
"What is it honey? What happened?" nick questioned feeling worried
Jamie dried her tears in hurry and smiled to Nick
"Nick... it is nothing AJ just wrote me a song as a birthday gift and it was wonderful that was it all."
Then she gave nick this quit huge hug and whispered to him "I truly love you" He smiled at her
"Well you haven't seen my gift yet." And winked to her
"Com'on AJ we are about to sing her that special want it that way com'on"
As they came out of the office she saw Kevin sitting in front of him a keyboard plugged to the amplifiers and they were all ready to hear what the boys are about to sing to the birthday lady.
Soon as she sat next to her friend Alexis the boys started singing

I'm yours completely
I feel so deeply
You're my first thought everyday
And I want it that way
My life is for you
And I adore you
I love you more everyday
And I want it that way
No goodbyes Ain't nothin' but a heartache
No more lies Ain't nothin but a mistake
That is why I love it when I hear you say
I want it that way
My heart is on fire
Such a strong desire
Yes I know it's too late
But I want it that way

I gave you my heart
Baby right from the start
And that's the way it will always be yeah
No matter the distance
I want you to know
That deep down inside of me...

You are my fire The one desire
You are You are, you are, you are

Don't wanna hear you say Ain't nothin' but a heartache
Ain't nothin' but a mistake I want to hear you say
I love it when I hear you say (oh yeah)
You want it that way

As they ended the song Jamie was happy she really needed something to distract her from the conversation she and AJ just had couple of minutes ago, but still it was kept in her mind his words "I think I am falling in love with you" over and over again.

The only thing that cut her thought was the question of Alexis,

"Jamie do you think that he has noticed me?"
"Huh… sorry Alli, I was drifting away, what you said?" asked

"Gees you are totally missed up girl, I never known that falling in love with that Carter guy would make you dose off, do you think AJ noticed me, 'Cause I don't think so , your Guy just made him impossible to reach, all those flirty girls"

Alexis said, which made Jamie laugh.

"I told you! You should have worn that hot red dress but you wanted to wear this silky black one, I'll tell you the only thing that would make AJ possible to you is dance girl, I'll speak to the DJ you'll have your time with AJ." Jamie said that and headed to the DJ to tell him about the coming song.

As she just finished talking with the DJ, she was about to head back to her friend when she found nick standing in front of her.

"Jamie I think I can only give you this right now… happy birthday."

He handed her a leather bag, as she opened it she found black leather hand made braided strap with the a little cross hanging from it at the front side there was a heart with "I Love thee" engraved and on the back of it was "U R the angel4me"

She looked at him, he smiled and took it from her hand and wrapped it around her neck; as he finished some how it was a Bryan Adams song being played, she never thought that Nick would dance on a slow song with her, but he did.
She looked at the bar were Alexis was sitting, AJ was sitting there but it seemed that still no contact was made between them.

When the song ended, the upbeat songs were coming and everyone was back onto dancing

*******************

As Jamie went back she looked at Alexis "SO did you talk Allie?"
"Oh yeah as if he was in the mood , Jamie… all he talked about was YOU, his feelings, how cool Jamie's party and how she looked great tonight and it mad me little frustrated" Alexis told her friend

Jamie thought to herself 'this must come to an end soon'.

Some how it was a miracle for Alexis as the DJ announced that he'll play his own extended double mix version of shining star, get another boyfriend and not for me to honor the party lady.

It was the moment Jamie was looking for.

She poked Alexis to head to the dance floor because everyone know that AJ' wouldn't wait a moment on dancing on such a mix.

As AJ was heading to the dance floor someone was calling his name and as he turned to see who this person was, he was handed a HAT. He tried to see who was it but never knew who handed it to him, he just happened to find it on his hand.

AJ always felt like 'Johnny no name' with the hat, he always felt free and on going person.

Alexis went to the dance floor to dance, but she found herself dancing by herself, and AJ was there dancing too but not by himself; he was surrounded with girls. As he was dancing he started moving around the girl next to him was about to get closer to him, and started some dirty dance steps, then all the sudden his hat flown away from his head and slowly went into Alexis's hands.

Alexis was looking at the hat that lay in her hand all the sudden wondering what would happened once his hat is now in her hands.

On the other hand AJ's eyes were fixed on the hat as it landed into this girl, he looked at her, and for him it was like a sign since his hat went to her from all the girls surrounding him. He expected to find his hat on the floor or being caught by one of the guard but instead he found it in her hands,

Jamie felt like the little miracle she wished for was granted because her friend didn't have to look for her way to dance with AJ McLean; it was AJ Mclean who made his way right to her.
As AJ faced Alexis he looked at her and said, "Guess after all we can share some dance"

Alexis couldn't help to return the smile to him for it was the first time she ever hear AJ saying some thing but in a funky way not the sad tune he had.

He held her hand and took back his hat then they both started dancing.
Some how AJ was surprised to find that the girl he ended up dancing with was pretty good one, and the dance led to another but that other was hotter and more upbeat one, and with the heat of the dance he could only hear the girls and guys around Jamie going like

"GO Alex go Alex"

AJ got himself mixed up most of the people around Jamie he never known and he did not know whither they were shouting for him or for the girl he was dancing with.

After all Jamie knew exactly why Alexis was AJ's perfect match, she was the exact thing he needed and she was what completes him.

As the dance ended Alexis headed towards Jamie, she was happy and smiling but she was surprised to see that AJ headed to another corner, or rather disappeared from the dance floor, some how that made Alexis feel that he was thinking that she was just another fan trying to catch his eye.

Jamie sat along with Alexis and as they waited for their drinks Alexis looked at Jamie

"Gosh J.J. tell me is there anything wrong with me, he still treats me like I'm invisible?"
"Stop it Alex, you are not invisible, haven't you heard the guys here they were all drooling, wishing to have a dance with you."

As Jamie ended her words the girl, who was trying to dirty dance with AJ causing his hat to fly, came close to the bar. She leaned on the counter in a very exposed way asking for her own drink, then as she turned to look for someone on the dance floor, she looked at both Jamie and Alexis with the corner of her eye,
"Oh it is the girl who was trying to hunt Mclean, ain't it true?" she was talking in rather a sly way.

She only got two sets of fiery eyes glaring at her, Jamie was about to ignore her but Alexis stood in front of that girl, Jamie told her self "'here goes Alex Taurus attitude again"

"First of all Missy, I am not a hunter, I am not the one who was about to dirty dance, and for your information I am someone who truly love AJ," Alexis said.

However, the girl looked at Alexis to continue her attack,
"Listen you girl AJ would never look at a child with this crush like you, he would look for someone who has it all, body, appeal, and class, which I bet you don't have any"

"A CRUSH..?" Alexis looked at the girl,
"You don't know what love is to try and define what a crush is. What I feel is not a crush, and the only thing that makes me sure that it is not is the feeling I have for AJ, it is the happiness I feel when I see his smile; even if he was with another girl. The joy I feel when he is happy, the saddens I feel when he is sick, mad or sad. Do you know what that is? Because it is not a crush"

It only took Alexis less then couple of seconds not to think and she held her little Lois Vetton bag and hurried out of the club.

The girl was about to start laughing and turned to take her drink but then, a hand came from the darkness of the bar.
"I am sorry Ma'am, I think you are way too drunk, it is our rule here, and you have to wait at least for an hour before getting a refill."

Jamie looked into the bartender to find that AJ was there, talking

"Oh god I have to talk to her…" Jamie said in shock

But then AJ held her back
"Let me go and talk to your friend out there."

And so AJ disappeared after Alexis and Jamie was left staring in between the club's door and the already drop dead drunken woman next to her
What a birthday party she had?

************

Outside the club Alexis was heading to her car to leave, but then before she could hold the handle of the car's door.

She felt someone's hand holding hers and stopping her from getting into the car.

Alexis was still angry because of that dumb girl. Blinded by madness; she held her bag and hit that person without looking whom he or she was, she thought that is was a stalker or someone trying to force himself on her but then, she only noticed the tattooed wrest and she stood there being puzzled as she realized that she just hit none other than AJ Mclean

It was no one other than AJ, she blush in colors and starts to wonder why he has finally noticed her did he hear the words she has said with that girl?? She didn't really know for sure because she didn't see him while she was talking to her.
She was there looking at him frozen in time wondering what should she do!

And there he was looking at her wondering what the hell he was thinking about, he thought himself in love with another girl many times before, he didn't want to be wrong this time and use this lady in front of him.

At the same time she was thinking about the feelings she all the sudden started having.

"God, ok it's true he is here and I am in front of him! gosh I just hit him with my bag! God knows what words I have said too?" Alexis was thinking, "I can't start any normal conversation with him, God all my normal conversation is about him and I don't want to say anything that'll bother him, cuz he's absolutely sick of fans who come to say how much they love him and bla bla"

AJ looked at the over gazing girl looking at him
"So I guess that you have a tongue to talk with?" he said
"Oh I am really sorry I haven't noticed it was you, I am sorry for hitting you, did I hurt you?" instead of telling him about the volcano of emotion inside of her all she managed to say was a hopeless try to fake an apology.

"I am ok I hope you are? I didn't expect you to leave the party soon it is still early, right?"
"Oh I have to be home before 11 it is the curfew I promised my self to stick with, so I had to leave,"
A lie she didn't have to say but it happened to be part of the truth, "Would you love to have a cup of coffee I still have about half an hour right!" Alexis smiled shyly.

"I would love to."
AJ never understood why he felt guilty. He wanted to erase the mixed feelings he had because it didn't make any kind of sense that less than an hour ago he confessed to Jamie that he is falling in love with, and now he is giving himself a chance with another girl, a friend of hers.

He opened the car door, and allowed her into the driver seat, as she opened the Radio, and started the engine. It didn't take him couple of seconds before he asked her
"GIRL YOU DIDN'T TELL ME YOUR NAME? I was hit by you I'm having coffee with you but I still didn't know your name"

Alexis looked at him for seconds but continued to drive and didn't answer him,
"Who are you?" He said
"I'll call you Trudy if you continue your silence" AJ confirmed which made her laugh.
Alexis looked at him
"Officially I am called AJ Edwards but most of my friends call me AJ"

AJ's eyes were wide open, his mouth dropped drastically,

"WOW that wud be like umm a dramatic coincidence Girl! Really? You are called AJ
or you're just kiddin me"

Alexis shake her head " My name is Alexis Jasmina and don't tell me it is a cute name I can't even stand it, so everyone call me AJ and that is my name"
AJ was still under the shock this new discovery he made.
It didn't take them time before they end up in 'Star bucks' sharing a cup of coffee, and as they were about to leave AJ looked at her.

"Honey I have to leave because it is late, but I don't mind driving you home" he said , which made her smile to him
"I don't think so AJ McLean your car already been left in the car parking outside the club remember, so YOU are gonna use my car."

AJ recalled that fact and laughed at himself, " ok then but I'll drive ok!"

As she was about to agree with him, she heard the same ringtone ringing from both their mobiles, she looked at him as he held his mobile to answer, and she by her turn did the same


It didn't take both of them 5 minutes as he looked at her

"Ok tell me was that Jamie asking where the hick were you?"
"Oh god and you had Nick calling you?"

"Well, they announced us missing and wanted to check on both of us, can't be luckier tonight,"
"I told Jamie I was with you and driving you home, so you better keep up to my word" Alexis said.
"I think you'd better drive me then to any of the hotels on your way." AJ looked at her
"Why … aren't you going to stay home?" Alexis inquired
"I bet you know that I broke up with Kathy, she still didn't find a place to move to, so I gave her a month or so to find a place, that is all." He said looking back at his nails
"It is ok I know that but since it is over I wont say a thing"

They both went back into the car, Alexis looked at AJ.
"Listen AJ, I think since you are not committed to any girl it is ok if you stayed the night at my place" Alexis didn't know how she dared to ask such a question.
"Oh don't get me wrong... Gosh that sounded pathetic" she corrected herself
"I live in a penthouse right in midtown and I have extra guest room that is all." She told AJ apologizing.
"It is ok with me, the doors have locks right." He said joking to her "Oh yeah they have!" returned it back to him

Through out the rest of their drive AJ's mind was full of thoughts, while they were in 'starbucks' he never had time to think about Jamie Nick or any one, but since they made that call she was right in his mind.
How stupid he felt, he knew that Alexis was a friend of Jamie, he saw them sitting together at the bar.
He didn't know that mentioning Jamie would remind him about what he was trying to forget; it struck him back into reality, now he felt even more confused. He just wanted to let it go for a while, he didn't want to waste a good time with someone who is not into the hotshot person he was, someone who would care for the person in him.

************************