- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I know it has been long, but i was dying out of idea's here, hope this one triggers more of them

 

 

She could feel the breaths of her husband lying behind her, his arms surrounding her, she knew that for him, it was the only way to protect their unborn baby, but for her it was time to reflect. 

Earlier that evening he confessed his worst nightmare to her, he told her about his child, he told her about the girl he used to date at high school, that she was pregnant with their child and that he thought he had lost both of them long time ago. 

 

He showed her the pictures of that baby girl , and hoped that she would understand his fears. 

For a second she wanted to shout that she didn't understand his fears, she could have helped him long time ago, she wanted to be the mother of all his children no matter what was the past, yet she couldn't have prejudged him, after all it wasn't his fault, but then it was the way he looked so delicate, so happy so helpless, and the way he traced the pictures with his finger tips, she knew that Kevin has been ready for too long to be a father but he was too scared to confront his demons. 

 

She wanted to find that girl, she knew that the only way to welcome their baby right was to help Kevin realize that he is a great father. 

 

As she adjusted herself on the pillow she heard his voice, "Honey! Are you still awake?' she heard him whispering. She took a breath before answering him.

"Yeah , I am…. I am just anxious, I want us to find your daughter , you know I want her to be here when this kid comes to life "  She told him gazing into his eyes. 

 

Throughout the darkness of the room she couldn’t see the color of his eyes, but she saw his eyes shining, he was trying to think before doing anything and she loved that look that he had.  

 

"You know,,, I am glad that you feel this way, I know that I was harsh before and that I did hide lots of facts from you but I was hurt." He told her, he wanted that burden of his shoulders. 

"Kevin, I don't want you to think this way again, yes I was hurt, yes we lost that connection for a while but I don't think it is better to act this way don't you think it is better to move on!?" she asked him. Silent fill between them for a moment before she heard him humming his agreement