- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, let me explain a little about this story. This isn't your typical fanfiction. Has no romance or whatever, the girl in this story is not going to fall in love with one of the boys and live happily ever after. This female character is simply a fanfiction writer where she discovers that the stories she writes about the Backstreet Boys becomes more than fiction when she starts posting it on this one supposed fanfiction site. Just read to find out more. =)
He walked into his room, everything was still and quiet, unusually quiet. Immediately his hands shot out, blindly searching for the light switch. Once he found it, he flicked it on only to find that he had no electricity.

She stopped typing, placing her head in her hands. She pressed the “backspace” on her keyboard, holding it down and erasing everything she had typed. She minimized her Microsoft Word window on her laptop and double clicked on the Internet Explorer icon.

“Absolutechaos.net…” she said to herself as she typed it in the taskbar.

She hit “enter” and waited for the page to load. Once it loaded, she quickly made her way to her account information and to her dismay, noticed that no one had reviewed or even rated her stories. She has been writing fan fictions on the Backstreet Boys for five years and only discovered recently that she could post her stories for the world to see and read, but it seemed as if her stories were just not good enough.

“Five years of writing, and none of my stories are reviewed!” she said to herself in an exasperated tone, looking over her 35 stories yet again to see if she at least had one reviewer, but there was nothing. She went back to the homepage to look at the recently posted stories and noticed that one of her favorite authors, Mare, had posted a new chapter to one of her many stories.

She clicked on Mare’s name and viewed all her posted stories, admiring how she had hundreds of reviews on her stories. She began to shake her head, “how does she do it?”, she wondered to herself. She went back to her account page, and seen something that made her heart stop.

“One review?” she said to herself, rubbing her eyes to make sure that she wasn’t seeing things. She had one review to her first story she posted on Absolutechaos.net and whoever reviewed it had rated her story five stars. She quickly clicked on the review and waited anxiously for the page to load.

“What a great story,” she began to read to herself. “To tell you the truth, ALL your stories on this site are great, it’s a shame that no one has yet to review or rate it, well, I’m glad to be the first! =)” she began to smile at the comment. “I have a great fan fiction site that I would LOVE for you to host your stories, it’s www.backstreetbook.com. It’s similar to Absolutechaos.net, but at my site I can GUARANTEE that you will receive reviews almost everyday! Talent such as yours shouldn’t go unnoticed, I hope you take what I say into consideration and make the move over to my site. Toodles!” her eyes searched for a name, but the name was left anonymous.

She shook that from her mind and typed in www.backstreetbook.com in her taskbar, amazed at how quick it was to load. The page displayed a group picture of the Backstreet Boys, with Backstreet Book displayed prominently above them. On the bottom of the picture it said “click to enter”, while off on the side it said, “welcome to a place where fiction is as real as it gets.” Way at the bottom of the page it said, “The Rest Is Still Unwritten…”

Hesitantly, she clicked on the picture which quickly brought her to the home page. She noticed that there hundreds upon hundreds of stories posted here, but all the authors remained anonymous. She then noticed that an account had already been setup on this site, “Welcome Melissa” stood out boldly at the top of the page. She began to smile, wondering if all the great authors at Absolutechaos.net knew about this site. Without wasting another minute, she went back to her Microsoft Window and began typing a new story, where Nick was the main character.

He walked into his room, everything was still and quiet, unusually quiet. Immediately his hands shot out, blindly searching for the light switch. Once he found it, he flicked it on only to find that he had no electricity…