- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I wrote this story a long time ago, and decided to post and finish it. Writing is mediocre, what can I say I was young when I wrote it. Lol. Plus, I'm bored and I can't progress further on with "Satan's Playground" or "Empty Spaces" right now, for some reason I'm not in the melodramatic mood, gotta find it...
*Before the release of “Never Gone”*

“I can’t believe this.” Nick stated in a exasperated tone.

“What is it?” Brian asked, walking up to Nick, who was seated at a desk in their hotel room, surfing the net on his laptop.

“This!” Nick replied, pointing to the computer screen. “How is it that they our material before we even release it?”

Brian leaned in closer to the computer screen, seeing that he was on livedaily.com. “Nick, Jive has always had a snitch in their staff, that’s nothing new.”

“Yeah, but to have this?” Nick questioned again, not wanting to believe. Their latest recorded song, “Beautiful Woman”, was leaked over the internet in it’s entirety. “This is just ridiculous!”

Brian chuckled and shook his head, “You know, Kevin’s normally the one to throw a conniption fit about every little damn thing, lets leave that job to him.”

Nick sighed heavily, not meaning to be so angry about it, but it was a brand new song they recorded, something fans wouldn’t expect to hear from the Backstreet Boys, and they wanted to keep it a secret until the album was released. “Yeah… well, at least we’re getting good feedback about it.”

“Really?” Brian asked, leaning over Nick’s shoulder to look at the computer again. As he continued to read the responses, he began to grin. “Well I’ll be damned.”

“Then, of course we have our casual bashers…” Nick said, scrolling the cursor down so Brian could see the negative responses. “Here’s one stating how we’re now becoming a wannabe rock group, here’s another saying *NSYNC is better, but this is the one I just can’t get over.” he scrolled down to the bottom of the page, where he seen a response typed all in caps. “Go figures that the Backstreet Boys would release a song titled “Beautiful Woman”, because that’s exactly what they are… beautiful woman. They should change their names to the Fagstreet Boys.”

Brian sighed, shaking his head, “You would think those people would come up with something… I don’t know, original? It’s getting really old now…”

“What, the fact that he’s saying we’re beautiful women or changing our band name to some other ridiculous name?” Nick asked, laughing. “The whole thing about us being beautiful women is a first for me.”

“Me too, I was talking about our band name. I mean, first there was the Backdoor Boys, the Whackstreet Boys, Frontstreet Boys…”

“Time to add Fagstreet Boys to that list…” Nick mumbled, “What do you think our band name would be if we were a group a of women?”

“The Backstreet Girls.” Brian simply replied.

Nick laughed and cringed, “Doesn’t have a nice ring to it like Backstreet Boys does.” He scrolled up the page, scanning through the rest of the reviews. “How the hell did we go from talking about the song to talking about what AJ said?” he asked, more to himself.

As he continued to read on, he began to laugh, causing Brian to stop unpacking his stuff from his suitcase which was situated on his bed. “What’s so funny now?” Brian questioned, walking up behind Nick again.

“Do you remember when AJ said for one day he would love to get into the head of a woman to see what they’re thinking?”

Brian nodded, “Yeah, okay?”

“They’re calling him a fag!”

“And that’s funny to you because…?”

“I can actually picture AJ being a beautiful woman.”

“What?!” Brian choked out. “Dude, you are truly disturbed if you can picture… AJ being a beautiful woman.”

“No, it’s because… well, he has big eyes and remember how we used to always tease him because his eyelashes were long? I don’t picture or fantasize him being a beautiful woman or anything you dork. Man, I should do that at an interview.”

“Do what?”

“When they ask us how we came up with the song “Beautiful Woman”, say that AJ inspired it because he could pass as a beautiful woman, if he ever was one.”

“You’re lame Nick, you know that?”

“Nope, I’m blond.”

“My point exactly.”