- Text Size +
Nick continued to toss and turn that night, feeling uncomfortable for some reason. When he woke up the next morning, he felt very groggy and agitated, probably from the lack of sleep he had throughout the night. He got up out of his hotel bed, walking blindly to the bathroom.

“Shit!” he seethed, a slight pain coursing through him because he just walked into the wall. He didn’t even seem to notice that his voice a pitch… higher for some reason.

When he finally reached the bathroom, he pushed the door open and groped the wall, looking for the light switch. Once he found it he switched it on, not bothering to look up into the mirror. He kept his eyes close, not wanting to feel the pain of the bright light shining into his disoriented eyes.

He turned the faucet on, cupping his hands together and allowing the water to collect up. Once he did, he splashed it on his face, rubbing it over his eyes to wake himself up. He stopped rubbing the water over his face when he felt strands of hair in between his face and hands. Puzzled, he brought his hands away from his face and glanced up into the mirror for the first time, which caused him to gasp.

“Holy shit…” he whispered, hearing that his voice did not belong to him, but to that of a female. Suddenly, he began screaming, releasing a high-pitched blood curling scream.

Brian jolted awake from his deep sleep, forgetting for a moment that he was at a hotel and not at home with his wife. As soon as he heard the sound of a female screaming, he automatically thought it was Leighanne and jumped out of bed as quick as he could, making his way to where he heard the scream coming from.

“What is it Leighanne?” Brian asked out of breath, but stopped when he noticed that he was still in the hotel and that the female that screamed wasn’t Leighanne, but some blond lady he didn’t know.

“Who are you?” Brian asked confused, wondering how a fan could have possible got into his room. “How’d you get in here?”

Nick turned to see a woman with long, curly sandy hair standing before him. He started to scream again.

“Okay honey, you need to stop with the screaming.” Brian replied, covering his ears.

Nick stopped screaming when he noticed something familiar about the lady‘s voice. “Brian?!” Nick squealed, crying even harder when he heard his voice sounding more and more like a woman’s.

Brian smiled warmly, trying his best to comfort the shocked young woman. “It’s okay, do you want an autograph or something sweetie?”

“No!” Nick snapped, causing Brian to jump a little. “I’m not… I’m not…” for some reason, he couldn’t get out what he was trying to tell him.

Brian, still disoriented from his sudden wake, failed to notice that his southern twang took on a feminine twist. He was suddenly scared of the lady, the way she snapped at him. “Look, why don’t we talk about this outside…” Brian said, reaching for the door, not wanting to be locked in this room with this… mad woman.

“NO!” Nick shouted again. “I’m not a fucking woman Rok, I’m Nick!” he finally blurted out.

Now Brian was staring at her as if she was crazy. He reached for the doorknob again but was roughly pulled away and pulled into the bathroom.

“What the hell!” Brian yelped.

Nick didn’t say anything. He simply closed and locked the door, turning Brian and facing him to the mirror.

“Do you believe me now?” Nick asked as Brian continued to stare at himself in the mirror in complete and utter shock.

Brian’s mouth was hanging agape. He slowly brought his hands up to his face, rubbing it over his new features. Both he and Nick still had their blue eyes, and the same colored hair, the only difference was that they were both in female bodies. Brian raked his fingers through his now long, golden locks, feeling tears welling up within his eyes.

“What the hell happened?” Brian cried out, wondering why he was all of a sudden crying.

Nick sighed heavily, sitting down on the closed toilet. “I… I don’t know. I woke up, walked into the bathroom to find this lady in the reflection of the mirror.”

Brian scanned his body over, noticing that both he and Nick were still in the same clothes they fell asleep in last night, which was a pair of boxers and a wife beater.

“Shit.” Nick cried out, looking down at his arms and realizing for the first time that he didn’t have any tattoos. Brian did the same, looking down at his left arm to find that he also didn’t have his tattoo.

Brian wiped away the tears that was cascading freely down his face. “Do you think…” he choked out. “Do you think Kevin, Howie and AJ are still normal?”

Nick glanced up at Brian, “There’s only one way to find out…”