- Text Size +
Kevin picked up his phone and dialed down to the main desk. He waited impatiently as the phone continued to ring and ring, but finally someone picked up. “Sheraton lobby, this is Marge speaking, how may I help you today?” an older female’s voice answered.

Kevin sighed, he couldn’t believe he was actually going to do this, putting his feminism to work. “Hello Marge, this is Kristin Richardson calling from Kevin Richardson’s hotel room.”

“Backstreet Boy Kevin Richardson?”

“Yes.”

“Okay Mrs. Richardson, how can I be of service to you today?”

Kevin cringed at being called Mrs. Richardson. “My husband just called me to let me know that he and his four bandmates are outside of the hotel. Could you please inform the staff that the Backstreet Boys need assistance downstairs, outside of the hotel.”

“Oh, of course my dear. Will do. Is there anything else I could do for you?”

“Could you also please call a cab and instruct them to park and wait in the back of the hotel, they will be picking up five young women.”

“Is that all Mrs. Richardson?”

“Yes, thank you Marge.”

“My pleasure dear.”

Kevin hung up the phone, trying to shake the Mrs. Richardson title from his mind. He glanced back at the four women, who looked like they were trying to hold their laughter in, but they finally released it, laughing in a high-pitched tone.

“SHH!!” Kevin told them. “The staff are heading down right now and your laughs are beginning to get on my nerves.”

“So what now?” Nick asked, trying to cease his laughter.

“We wait until the coast is clear,” Kevin explained. “Once it is we make our way downstairs and to the cab that should be meeting us at the back of the hotel. Grab whatever you need to take with you.”

“Um, Kevin…” Howie called out. “What could we possibly grab that we need to take with us? We can’t take anything of ours with us, it’s no use to us.”

“I mean cell phones or something.”

“All team, assemble and quickly make way down to lobby outside of the hotel.” they heard a voice say from outside the door.

They all clattered to the door, pressing their ear against it to hear what was going on. They literally heard the whole staff assemble on their floor and heard them make their way over to the elevator. Once everything fell quiet, Howie slowly and quietly opened the door, poking his head out through the crack and peering left and right to see if the coast was clear.

“They’re gone…” he whispered to them, opening the door completely and walking out into the hallway.

“Fuck, I feel like we’re fugitives on the run.” AJ grumbled as he stepped out of the room after Howie.

“Some very hot fugitives!” Nick cracked, but no one laughed.

“Okay, hurry up and go get whatever you need and meet me at the elevator.” Kevin instructed.

The four of them nodded as they dispersed and went back into their own rooms to get whatever they needed. They all met Kevin at the elevator as he instructed and waited impatiently for the elevator to reach their floor. Once the doors slid open, they heard a “ding” sound, which indicated that the second elevator had reached their floor.

“Shit,” Kevin muttered, pushing them inside the elevator. “I think they’re back, get in!”

They all quickly boarded the elevator, Kevin repeatedly hitting the close button to make the doors close.

“The front desk lady said she got a call from Kristin…” Marcus explained to Big T, one of their other security guards.

Big T shrugged, “Must’ve been a prank or something, you know how crazy their fans get…” he glanced back and seen an elevator full of young, beautiful women.

The five of them stared at Big T in shock, their hearts stopping in fear that he would catch on or something.

“Why heelloo ladies.” Big T remarked, winking his eye at them.

They all smiled and waved, trying to look innocent. Once the doors closed, they all relieved a heavy sigh.

“That is highly disturbing in every way.” Nick said as he shook his head, trying to get what Big T said to them out of his head.

“It’s even more disturbing actually having to respond to it.” Brian added.

They all fell silent for a while, waiting for the elevator to reach the lobby. “You guys…” AJ said, finally breaking the silence. “Who’s bright idea was this?”

“Kevin’s.” Howie, Brian and Nick replied in unison.

Kevin glanced back at all of them, not being able to decipher which girl was who. “Why are you saying that in a sarcastic manner? I thought it was a pretty good last minute idea.”

“Yeah,” AJ said, turning around so that he was now facing Kevin. “except for the fact that we all must’ve forgotten what we went to bed in last night and are now standing in a damn elevator wearing nothing but boxers and a wife beater.”

“I always thought it was hot if a girl was to wear boxers and a wife beater…” Nick muttered.

“That’s just it Nick!” AJ snapped. “I don’t want to walk off this damn elevator looking hot or odd and having strange men hit on me.” he fell silent for a while, feeling tears well up in his eyes again, but refusing to let it spew. “These damn boobs are ripping my freaking shirt dude…”

“You guys,” Howie spoke up for the first time. “We really didn’t think this through… like AJ said, we’re standing here in an elevator and about to board a cab in nothing but a pair of boxers and a wife beater. I don’t know about you guys, but I only have a little bit of money in my wallet and our credit cards are out of the question…”

“What are you getting at D.?” Nick asked, confused as to where he was taking this.

“We’re girls… as much as I hate to say this, we’re gonna have to start acting like it. Which means, we’re gonna have to go out and shop for… clothes, we’re gonna have to change our names, and do whatever else a girl… normally does.”

They all remained silent, they really didn’t think things through, or at least not as thoroughly as Howie had. The doors slid open, breaking them all out of their trance.

When no one made a move, Nick took it upon himself. “Screw this.”

The four of them stared at Nick as if he was crazy as he just freely walked out of the elevator as if nothing was wrong. They all eventually made their way out of the elevator as well and caught up with Nick.

“Are you fucking crazy Nick?!” AJ whispered harshly once he caught up with Nick and was walking beside him.

“Just act normal.”

AJ scoffed, “Sure, act normal when we’re fucking walking around the hotel lobby in a wife beater and men’s boxers.”

They continued to walk, making their way to the back exit of the hotel. They could feel people’s eyes on them, but they continued to walk past them. Once they made it outside, they seen a cab Kevin requested.

“C’mon you guys, lets go…” Kevin said as he began walking to the cab, the rest slowly following.

“You guys, wait!” AJ suddenly exclaimed, causing the four of them to stop walking and turn to look at him. “Do you even know where the hell we’re going? I mean, I know we can’t go out shopping looking like this.”

They all remained silent, contemplating that question over. Nick finally came up with an idea, it was crazy and a long stretch, but a risk they would just have to take. “I only know of one person I could possibly convince that we are who we are and they would be able to help us and keep it on the down low.”

Nick pulled out his cell phone and started typing on his keypad. They all looked over to see what he was doing. “What are you doing?”

“I’m texting my brother.”

“Oh great one Nick, what the hell are you gonna text him? Hi Aaron, this is Nick and me and the fellas need help because we somehow became girls?” AJ asked.

“No, you dumbass. I’m telling him to meet me at my house, nothing more, nothing less. Okay, lets go.”

They all walked over to the cab that was waiting for them. Nick, Brian, AJ and Howie squished into the back while Kevin sat up front with the driver. The driver didn’t even bother to acknowledge them. “Where to ladies?” he asked as he looked over to the woman who was sitting next to him, only to fall speechless.

Nick leaned forward towards the back of the driver’s seat, “Take us to this address please.” Nick asked him as he handed him his cell phone.