- Text Size +

Chp 29

Pt 2 

 

 Christmas Day

 

The next morning both of us woke up to my grandpa making noise in the kitchen. "Good morning baby," Nick said as he turned over. "Good morning sweetie," I said. "Merry Christmas," he said as he leaned in and kissed me. "Merry Christmas," I said and smiled at him. "I hope he didn't wake you. He's an early riser, sorry," I said. "It's ok. I was slowly waking up anyways," Nick said. All of a sudden Kaos started barking. "I think someone else is ready to get up too," Nick said laughing. "Yea she probably has to go out," I said getting up to take her out. "No, let me. you relax," he said getting up and throwing on some clothes. "Thanks baby," I said smiling at him. He just turned around and smiled and winked at me.

"Good morning," my grandpa said to Nick. "Good morning," Nick said closing the door behind him. "Someone must have to go out," he said. "Yea she does," Nick said laughing. I decided to lay there a while and try to doze off but it wasn't really working. In no time at all Nick was bringing Kaos back inside the room. "Holy hell it's cold out there," he said jumping in bed. I just laughed at him. "Oh it can't be that bad," I said still laughing. "Wanna bet?" Nick asked as he put his cold hands on my stomach. "Holy crap! Your hands are freezing," I said. "I told you so," Nick said now laughing at me. "Well I'm sure there is warm coffee in there waiting," I said getting up. "Really, that's a good idea," Nick said. We both got up and went into the kitchen.

"Good morning grandpa," I said getting us some coffee. "Good morning and Merry Christmas," he said. "Merry Christmas," I said. "Is grandma up yet?" I asked. "No not yet. Give her time though," he said walking to the table. At that moment, my grandma walked out. "Merry Christmas Nick," my grandpa said sitting down at the table. "Merry Christmas," he said. I handed Nick his coffee and sat down next to him.

"Merry Christmas everyone," my grandma said coming to sit down. "Merry Christmas," we said. We all sat there eating our breakfast and drinking our coffee. "Do you guys want to open presents?" she asked. "You guys did not have to get us anything," I said. "Yes we did you are my grand-daughter and he is soon to be a part of this family," she said. Nick just smiled at the thought. "Ok sure," I said. We all got up from the table and went to open our gifts. Kaos even was able to open a few. I kept glancing over at Nick. He was having so much fun. I don't think the smile he had on his face will ever come off. He was so cute, I couldn't help but smile at him.

After we opened our gifts, my grandfather went into the kitchen to start cooking. We always start cooking early. "You guys better go get ready. Everyone will start coming in soon," my grandma said as she started cooking as well. "Yea probably," I said. Nick and I went to start getting ready.

When we got in the bedroom, Nick came up to me and kissed me. He wrapped me in his warm embrace. "Thank you," he whispered. I pulled back and looked at him confused. "For what?" I asked. "For giving me the best Christmas that I've ever had," he said leaning in and kissing me. "Awe, well your welcome baby. We will have many more like this. Plus, we can make our own Christmas memories," I said winking at him. He looked at me and smiled. We both finished getting ready. It wasn't long until all of the family started flowing in.

The rest of the day, everyone was asking me about how Nick proposed. I don't think I ever heard so many 'Awe's' in my life. Nick and my brothers were playing video games, right up their allies. Nick met his match too, my brothers were pretty good at video games. I was so happy to see everyone getting along. Nick fit right in with the rest of the family. he was having so much fun.

That night I packed up our bags because we had to get on a plane the next morning to get to Denver for the show on the 27th. "I hope you had a good Christmas baby," I said crawling into bed after packing. "Of course I had fun. You family is the greatest. I'm glad we are able to spend it together," he said taking me in his arms. "Me too," I said laying my head on his chest. He just smiled and kissed my head. We were so exhausted that we fell right to sleep.