- Text Size +

Chp 33

The first Doctor Visit

 

Once we finished in New York the guys had a week off before we all headed to Canada for three weeks. Nick and I decided to go back to LA. He wanted to drive his motorcycle more and I needed to get in to see an OB doctor. I was worried about paparazzi getting wind or seeing us going to the doctor. "Nick maybe we should wait to go to the doctor until after the wedding. The paparazzi will see us going and the news will be all over," I said. "Well we will deal with that when it comes. Baby you have to go to the doctor," he said holding my hand as we were getting on the plane. I just looked at him and smiled. We found our seats in first class and sat down. "God not again," I said remembering the last long flight. "Here take this," Nick said handing me one of his earphones. "It will relax you because it does me," he said. I put it in my ear and we listened to music all the way back to LA. I think I fell asleep on him because I woke up in his arms. I looked over and he was fast asleep with his head propped up on the window. I took his arm out from around me and slowly put his head on my shoulder so he could be more comfortable. I thought that it would wake him but he was still fast asleep. I then went back to listening to music. Before we knew it, we were in LA. "Nick baby," I said trying to wake him up. He didn't wake up so, I tried again. "Nick baby, we are here," I said shaking him a little. He tossed and then woke up rubbing his eyes. He looked at me and smiled. "Hey baby, we're here already?" he asked. "Yea we are baby," I said. Once the plane landed we started getting off. We went to go get our bags and got a taxi and went to Nick's place.

Once we got to the house, we took our bags upstairs because I had tons of laundry to catch up one. I was still having the pregnancy symptoms even cravings have started in. The rest of the day we just lounged around the house and rested. The next day I called and made an appointment with a highly respected OB doctor. After the appointment Nick wanted to go for a ride on his bike.

"Baby you are going with me to the doctor today right?" I asked. "Well yea I'm going I wouldn't miss it. In fact, I plan on going to all of them," he said smiling. "Thank you. I need you there with me," I said. He came up to me and took me in his arms. He kissed my forehead and put his hand on my stomach. "Of course, I'll always be there for you and the baby," he said kissing me. I looked at the clock and it was time to go to the doctor. We took Nick's white Escalade and drove to the doctor.

When we go there, we both looked around and didn't see anyone in sight. We got out and made a mad dash for the door. "Hi, I have an appointment with Dr. Kashing at 11:00," I told the receptionist. "Oh Hi Jennifer, here is some paperwork for you to fill out. FIll out what you can," she said handing me some papers. I went and sat next to Nick and started filling them out. Once I was finished, I took them back to her and went and sat back down. It wasn't long until I was called. "Jennifer Earnheart," the nurse said. I stood up and Nick looked at me. "He can come too," she said. He got up and I took his hand. We walked back with the nurse. She took all of my vitals and asked me when I found out that I was pregnant. "The doctor will be in to see you in a minute," she said.

While we were sitting there, Nick looked nervous and worried. "Baby what wrong?" I asked. "It just hit me. I hope you have a healthy pregnancy and our baby is healthy," he said. "Everything will be fine sweetie. That's why I have to go to these appointments, to make sure the baby and I are doing good," I said. "God if anything happens to you or the baby I don't know what I'll do," Nick said. "Stop baby, everything will be fine, I promise," I said taking his hand in mine. He looked at me and smiled. He kissed me tenderly. "I love you," he said smiling. "I love you too," I said. All of a sudden there was a knock on the door.

"Hello I'm Dr. Kashing. You must be Jennifer," she said shaking my hand. "Yes I am. Nice to meet you," I said. "Nice to meet you too. And you must be Nick," she said shaking his hand.

"Yes I am. Nice to meet you," he said. "Nice to meet you too. So we are here because you two found out you are going to have a baby. It says here that you found out last week," she said.

"Yes we did. I took a home pregnancy test and I have all of the symptoms," I said. "Ok well I guess first, lets do a blood test to make sure. I will have the results within a couple of minutes," she said. "Ok sounds good," I said. A nurse then came in the room and took a sample of my blood. The doctor came back in soon after with the results. "Well you are definitely pregnant, two weeks actually. So, let me give you guys some information," she said. She handed us piles of things to read. Some for me and some for Nick.

"I do have a question," Nick said. "What's that?" the doctor asked. "Well we are getting ready to get married in a month then we go to Europe for 2 1/2 months. Cam she see and OB doctoc because I'm not leaving her here by herself," Nick said. "Yea she can. Take her record with you and have them fax me everything after they see her and make sure you get a copy as well. I will give you a schedule as to when she needs to see a doctor that way you don't miss any appointments. Is there any way you can stop by here before you go to Europe to get the first ultrasound?" she asked. Nick and I looked at each other. "Yea I think we can pull that off," Nick said. "Good maybe by the heartbeat we can get an idea of the sex of the baby," she said. Both of us smiled at the thought. "Well it was nice to meet you guys. I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys more and it's an honor to deliver your baby," she said shaking our hands. "If you have any questions throughout the pregnancy, don't hesistate to call me no matter the time of day," she added.

"Thank you doctor. We will definitely keep that in mind," I said taking her business card. After the appointed Nick and I went to get some lunch. It was such a gorgeous day out, we both couldn't wait to get back to the house and take Nick's bike out. Once we were finished eating, we got in the car and headed back. As soon as we got there Nick put the Escalade in the garage and started his bike up. I ran all of the information the doctor gave us and put it on the counter. I then locked the door and left. Nick was in the driveway sitting on his bike waiting for me. He looked so sexy sitting there. A smile swept across my face. "Ready baby?" he asked. "Yep," I said as I put my hands around him. We started off and my hair was blowing everywhere. I felt on top of the world holding on to him. Nick drove to the beach and we parked.

We walked along the boardwalk looking at all the different stores. We then decided to go on the beach. We took our shoes off and rolled up our pants legs. I just laughed at him. "What?" he asked. "You look cute," I said still laughing. He started tickeling my sides and I could not stop. I was laughing so hard I had tears. "Ok ok I give in," I said still laughing. "That's what I thought," he said laughing at me. We got on the beach and walked along in each other's arms. We were stopped a few times by some fans wanting Nick's autograph and picture. All of a sudden, Nick took my hand and he starts heading towards the water. Nick decides we should go chase the waves. He was so cute. I couldn't do it very well because I was laughing so hard at him. After a while, we realized it was time for dinner. I was absolutely starving now that I was eating for two. Nick and I found a Joe's Crab Shack on the beach. We decided to go sit out on the patio overlooking the ocean. When we ordered our dinner Nick wanted me to order a little more than usual since I was eating for two now. He was already starting to take good care of me and the pregnancy just started. When our food came, Nick and I finished everything. "Damn I must of been hungrier than I thought," I said. "Well you are eating for two now. Gotta keep the two loves of my life healthy," Nick said winking at me. After we paid, we continued walking on the beach in the moonlight. Once we got back to the house, we both decided to pop in a movie. I didn't make it very far into it. I was so exhausted and fell asleep on Nick's lap. After the movie was over with, he stood up and gently picked me up. He carried me upstairs and laid me on the bed and covered me up. He then crawled in next to me and took me in his arms and fell fast asleep.