- Text Size +

chp 5

Nick heads to New York

The next week and a half flew by. Both Nick and Jennifer were getting very excited to see each other. It was the day before their last concert. All of the guys couldn't wait to have their month long vacation. Brian, Leighanne and Baylee were going back to Atlanta to spend time at home. Kevin and Kristen would be going back home as well. Everyone was excited for them both as they were expecting their first child, a girl. AJ was going back to West Palm Beach as was going to relax at home. Howie was going back to Orlando and start working on his business and helping his sister, Pollyanna, with her new album. Nick was already on the phone making flight reservations for the first flight out of Australia on Thursday morning. He was getting more and more excited as the next two days, he knew would fly by. Wednesday morning he called Jennifer as he told her he would as soon as he made the reservations. "Hello," I said. "Hey, sunshine it's me Nick." He called her his sunshine because she always brought him happiness and a smile to his face. "Hey baby how's it going?” she asked. "Better now. I have great news. I just made my flight reservations. Tomorrow morning I leave at 8:30 and I will arrive in New York at 6:00 pm that evening." "Oh that’s great! I will be there at 6 o'clock sharp baby." "I would talk longer baby, but I need to get to our final rehearsal." "Well, ok then. I'll see you tomorrow evening at 6 o'clock. I can't wait to see you. I'm getting more excited the longer I think about it." "I know me too baby. I'll call you after the concert to talk to you before I leave." "Ok. I'll be looking forward to it." "Me too baby. Bye sunshine." "Bye sweetheart."

That day Jennifer had a photo shoot to do for a spread for Vogue Magazine. It was very hard for her to concentrate because all she could think about was seeing Nick again. She could almost feel him right there with her. All of a sudden, Brandon comes in while she was taking pictures. He was holding two vases of roses. "Jen, these were delivered for you," he said. They were red and pink roses put together. "Did they say who they were from?" I asked. "Well here why don't you take a look," he said while handing her the roses. The card read: 'Hey baby, I just thought I would send you something to show my feelings for you. You're the only thing I think about day and night. You are my life. They day I met you is the day you saved my life. Love, Nick.' As I looked up from the card I had tears in my eyes. "What's wrong," Brandon asked. "Nothing, I've just never had anyone tell me that much less send me such beautiful flowers." "We need to get back to work, Jennifer," one of the photographers said. After the photo shoot Jennifer and Brandon stopped to get a bite to eat and then headed home.

That night no one was able to sleep except for maybe Brandon. Nick and Jennifer were too excited to see each other and the rest were just happy to be going home even if it was for just a month. The next morning Nick was up bright and early ready to go. He had a couple of hours before his flight left so he decided to call Jennifer. "Hello," I said. "Hey baby." "Oh hey I wasn't expecting you to call this morning. What a great surprise!" "I am getting so excited to see you that I hardly slept any last night. Did you get the flowers?" "Yes I did and thank you. They were beautiful. I love what you wrote on the card. It brought me to tears. I've never had anyone not only send me flowers but tell me that before. And, I feel the same way, Nick." "Well, I'm glad you liked them baby. What I said on the card, I meant every word." "That means a lot to me, Nick because I feel the exact same way about you. You are planning on staying at my place while you're here, right? Because I would really love for you to." "If you want me to I will or I can stay with Brandon. He said he lives right across from you." "No, I definitely want you to stay with me. I have and extra bedroom and bathroom." "Well, that's settled then, I'll stay with you. Besides it will give us a chance to get to know each other even more." "Well, I definitely can't wait until this evening. I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm going to try to keep myself busy so that maybe the day will go by quicker." "I don't think anything will make this day go by quicker except looking forward to seeing your beautiful face again." "Awe thanks baby." "Well, I need to get going. My plane leaves in about an hour. Remember 6:00 pm I land in New York." "I'll be there baby, I promise." "Ok I'll see you soon, baby." "See you soon."

All the guys checked out of their hotel rooms. "Well I can tell that you're excited," Brian said to Nick as they were getting in the van. "You better believe it. I'm going to see the girl of my dreams. The one I think about day and night and I'm spending a whole month with her." "Well good luck man. She's a great girl and I'm glad to see you finally happy again," Brian said. "Thanks, Frick." When they arrived at the airport, everyone said their goodbyes and went their separate ways. They all made plans to be in L.A. in the studio next month. As everyone was heading towards their gate, they were bombarded by fans. They all made their way through signing autographs and taking pictures on the way. Nick just kept smiling knowing he was going to be seeing Jennifer tonight. Nick headed towards the gate and got on the plane, still smiling ear to ear.