- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for all the reviews everyone! :) Hope you like the new chapter! :)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Chapter 2

~~~~ Backstreet Boys ~~~~
The boys arrived at the airport safe and sound. The boys were awoken by their bodyguards. They all flew to Brian’s house the day before in Atlanta. They decided to meet there before heading off to their manager Chris’ house. The boys were told a week ago that they were going to be staying in LA with Chris to prepare for the tour and promote. Chris was at Atlanta too last night, but he left earlier than them so he could prepare the house. All the boys except Brian knew that he went home to warn his sister. After all they didn’t know how she would react if they weren’t able to warn her.

Nick was the last to step out of the plane since he was the one who got the less sleep thanks to video games. He gave his luggage to his bodyguards and got in the van which had the older four members of the band already seated. Nick sat beside Brian all the way in the back. AJ, Howie and Kevin sat on the middle.

“I can’t wait till we get there I get to sleep on a bed.” Nick said leaning his head back on the seat

“Same here,” AJ mumbled

The driver got in the van and started it. He looked through the rear view mirror to see if the other driver got in the car. As soon as he saw the other driver putting on his seatbelt he started driving.

Nick looked at Brian and saw the distraught expression he had. He sighed and patted him on the shoulder.

“You alright B?” Nick asked worriedly

“Yea, I’m just thinking. I mean Chris never has invited me to his home before. I’m surprised when he asked all of us to come.” Brian replied giving him a small smile

Kevin looked back at his cousin and gave him a small smile, “Well I guess he’s on the road of forgiving your dumbass.”

AJ looked at Kevin and remembered the presents he brought for little Anthony. The kid was like a mini Brian. He looked like his father and he was as active as his father. The first time he met Anthony he remembered how Anthony was shy at first, but once he adjusted to him, it was just great. He tried to visit Anthony when he’s around LA which is very often. Anthony would ask about his father, but he of course didn’t know what to say. How can you tell a five year old that his father didn’t want anything to do with him?

“Is little Tony going to be there?” Howie asked causing AJ to hit him “What?”

“What kind of a question is that? You know he’s going to be there.” AJ replied

“Who’s Tony? Chris’ kid?” a confused Brian asked

“Nope, Beatrice’s kid.” AJ replied

Brian froze and looked at Nick. He gave Brian a sympathetic look and looked out the window. By now he knew that his band mates knew what had happened between him and Beatrice. He knew it was wrong and he did regret doing that to her, but what could he do? At the time that Beatrice told Brian she was pregnant with his baby Backstreet Boys were barely starting. He knew that if he stayed with her that would mean leaving the dream he always wanted to achieve. These chances come once in a lifetime and he just couldn’t let it pass by. He didn’t know any better. So instead of sticking by the woman he claims to love, he turned his back on her. Something everyone who knew him would be shocked to know.

“What’s his full name?” Brian asked looking at the back of Kevin’s head

Kevin turned to look at Brian and smiled at him, “It’s Anthony Thomas Vasquez.”

“Vasquez? She didn’t give him my last name?” Brian asked

Howie turned to him and gave him a small smile, “Bri, I don’t think she wanted to put the last name of the man who left her to go through pregnancy alone. At least she gave him Thomas as a middle name.”

Brian sighed and looked down. He himself couldn’t believe he left Beatrice. He loved her so much it was unbelievable. They’ve known each other since they were little and admitted their feelings when Beatrice was twelve years old and he was fourteen years old. They were together for five years and the day of Brian’s 20th birthday she told him that she was pregnant. That day was the last day he ever saw her.

“When was he born?” Brian asked

“Wow Bri, I’m surprised you’re all asking questions now.” AJ replied

“I tried asking Chris, but he wouldn’t tell me anything.” Brian answered

“Well did you expect him to answer your questions?” Nick asked finally entering the conversation

Brian looked at his best friend and shook his head, “Of course not, but does he know who his father is or anything?”

The other four boys looked at each other remembering what occurred last year on Anthony’s birthday party. AJ looked at Kevin to see if he could answer it and Kevin nodded at him.

“Um, yea he does,” AJ replied with a smile

Brian smiled and said, “Are you serious? So he knows I’m his father? Why didn’t any of you ever tell me!?”

“We were asked not too by Beatrice. Besides that she always made sure that he knew you were his father.” Howie replied looking out the window

“Because she doesn’t want you in his life,” Nick said putting a hand on Brian’s shoulder

Brian’s smile dropped and he sighed, “I don’t blame her, but I’m glad he knows I’m his father.”

“Yea, Beatrice isn’t that mean. She taped a picture of you and her on his crib when he was still little. He would always reach for that picture and touch both of your faces.” Kevin looked at his cousin and gave him a smile “Bea would always tell him that’s your father. She didn’t want him to acknowledge anyone else as his father. She wanted him to know that you’re his father.”

There was silence after that. No one really knew what to say after that was brought up. They all have always wanted to tell Brian how Anthony looked like and everything that concerned his son. They knew Brian regretted ever leaving Beatrice. But they were asked by Beatrice not to tell Brian and she had a pretty good reason for them not too. Brian didn’t want to be a part of Anthony’s life so it’ll stay that way.

Brian looked at Nick and gently tapped his leg, “Do you have a picture of him?”

Nick looked at Brian and nodded his head. He took out his cell phone and clicked on his photos. He clicked on the photo he took of Anthony the last time he came and visited. Anthony was just given a bath and was playing Superman with Nick. Anthony had one hand on each side of his hips. He had his chest sticking out and tilting his head up a little. He has a big smile on his face as Nick took the picture.

He smiled at the picture and handed it to Brian. Brian looked at his son and couldn’t believe how big he was. He knew by this time he missed a lot of things in his son’s life.

“That’s not really the best picture I have of him, but it’s super cute.” Nick said with a smile as he looked at the picture with Brian

“He’s so big Nick, wow, I mean hew grew up fast.” Brain replied admiring his son

“Yea I know,” Nick said with a smile

“So where does he and Beatrice live?” Brian asked

Nick looked at AJ who looked at Howie who then looked at Kevin. They knew this question was going to be asked and right now it didn’t matter whether they could tell Brian. He was going to find out anyway.

“They live with Chris.” Kevin replied

“Wait what?” Brian asked shocked

“They live with Chris, that’s why Chris never wanted you near his house.” Kevin answered

Brian didn’t know how to react. He didn’t know if he should be happy or nervous about being able to see his son and Beatrice.

“Wait what about Leigh? I didn’t tell her I’m going to be living with my ex for two months.” Brian said worriedly

“Why are you even think about that right now? Plus what she doesn’t know won’t kill her.” AJ suggested

“Easy for you to say, you don’t have a girlfriend.” Brian said

“Yea and I don’t have a son who hates me either.” AJ replied causing Kevin to hit him “What the fuck? It’s true! What you gotta hit me for?”

Brian looked at AJ confused, “What do you mean he hates me? He hasn’t even talked to me.”

“Brian you act like we’re talking about an adult, he’s a kid Brian he doesn’t know what he hates or likes.” Kevin replied

“Come on Kevin what’s the point of bullshitting your cousin? We all know the kid has hatred towards Brian.” AJ said

“Why would he hate me? I don’t think he can understand anything that happened between me and Beatrice.” Brian replied

“He doesn’t hate you for that like you said he wouldn’t understand. On his fourth birthday he was so happy to hear that we were coming, meaning me, Chris, Kevin, Howie, and Nick. He thought since we were coming, you were too.” AJ paused and looked at Brian who was waiting for him to continue “He was showing off to his cousins saying his Daddy was coming. The whole party he was waiting for you to arrive.”

Everyone looked at Brian and saw the hurt in his eyes. How was he supposed to know he was supposed to go? He didn’t even know anything about his son except for the fact that was alive.

Nick put his hand on Brian’s shoulder and continued for AJ, “When the party ended Anthony was upset. Bea knew this and told him that you had something else do for him. Anthony has been hearing this ever since he’s been alive.” Nick paused and took a breath “He went up the stairs and we started helping Bea clean up. Out of nowhere we heard a picture frame crash on the floor.”

“We all ran to see what happened and we found Anthony crying on the top of the stairs. He threw the picture frame that had you and Bea’s picture that he kept by his bed. That’s the only picture he has of you and he threw it on the ground.” Howie continued for Nick “After that day whenever our video comes on and he of course knows you’re in it, changes the channel.”

Brian looked at his brothers shocked. He didn’t know what to say. I mean what was he suppose to say? His own son hated him and he didn’t even know him. Well that’s why, he doesn’t know his own father. Brian sighed. He knew his son had the right to hate him.

“So when we get to the house don’t expect a warm welcome from him.” AJ added

The driver came to a complete stop and got out of the car. Brian looked up and saw they were in front of a beautiful white house. AJ was the first to step out of the van. Kevin followed right after AJ and Howie followed right after Kevin. Nick came out and stretched and headed to the other van to get his stuff. Brian was the last to get out and looked at the house once again. He knew that once that door opened he was going to see his son and Beatrice after five long years.