- Text Size +

"What was that?" asked the man standing at the door.
"Its not what you think," replied Carrie as she stood up.
"Really then what was it?" asked Nick wanting to know what was going on. He had just walked in to use the bathroom and saw his wife and her best friend on the edge of the tub holding something.
Just then AJ heard Nick's voice and Carrie's talking so he walked towards the bathroom and stepped in, "What's going on?"
"That's what I'd like to know," replied Nick. "I just walked in and Haylie and Carrie were sitting on the edge of the tub holding a, a, a." He couldn't bring himself to say it.
"A what?" asked AJ wondering what Nick had seen.
Carrie looked to Haylie who looked back at her with a nervous look. Haylie stood up behind Carrie and looked down into Carrie's hands which were still behind her back. She closed her eyes and lowered her head. Slowly she opened her eyes and looked at Carrie's hands and read the test. She quickly shut her eyes and looked back up and opened her eyes and looked at Nick.
"I'm," Haylie paused before she could go on.
"Your what?" asked AJ.
Haylie took a deep breath before she continued, "I'm pregnant."
"What!?" Nick shockingly yelled.
"I mean I think I am and the tests say so," nervously responded Haylie.
"How? When?" questioned Nick with a million things going through his mind at once.
"I think you know how but I don't know when how am I suppose to keep track," Haylie yelled.
"I think its time for us to leave," Carrie said as she grabbed AJ and walked out the room. "We'll be in the other room if you need us."
They walked out leaving Nick and Haylie there to talk.
"How could this happen its not suppose to," started Nick. "We're suppose to be newlyweds not soon-to-be-parents. Are we even ready for this?"
"I don't know," answered Haylie. "I never expected this too Nick but its happened and we just can't make it go away. I'm not gonna do that. I'm not the type of person who just makes it go away. I believe in letting a baby have its chance."
"I never said we were gonna make it just go away Haylie," stated Nick as he wrapped his arms around her. "I would never make you do anything like that. I know when I married you that you wanted kids on day so here's your chance, but a little earlier then planned."
Haylie laid her head on Nick's shoulder and started to cry. She never really thought about having a family at this time but knew she wanted them before she got too much older.
"Its ok we're gonna get through this just like any couple," Nick reassured her. "I love you and know you'll be the best mom possible."
"You think?" asked Haylie looking into Nick's eyes as she wipped away a tear.
"Yeah I do," replied Nick.
"I love you," Haylie said as she leaned in and kissed Nick. "And you'll make an awesome dad."
"You think?" asked Nick.
"Yeah you will," Haylie answered as they kissed again. "I can't believe this."
"Me either," replied Nick. "How long have you know that you might be pregnant for?"
"I just started wondering today when Carrie started asking me all these questions," responded Haylie. "Its weird cause I never really thought of it at all until she started asking me all the questions and the questions started adding up." Haylie paused as she looked into Nick's eyes. "Why are you back so soon?"
"I missed you," answered Nick as he kissed Haylie.
"I missed you too," replied Haylie. "But why did you come here?"
"I had to drop AJ off since we road to the airport together and I need to use the bathroom so I thought I'd just come in with him," responded Nick.
"Oh well I think we better get home and let AJ and Carrie have some time alone I bet they wanna be alone," stated Haylie as she walked out the bathroom waiting for Nick who was right behind her.
They walked into the living room to see AJ and Carrie sitting on the couch. Once they walked in the room they both stood up and congratulated the both of them.
"I wouldn't expect for Nick to be the one to become a dad before me," joked AJ.
"I know its weird but We're gonna try and do our best," replied Nick. "Its a shock, but I know Haylie will be the best mom ever."
"And I know Nick will be an amazing father no matter what," stated Haylie as she put her arms around Nick's waist.
"Well we're gonna head home and gets something to eat and we'll talk to you both later," said Nick as they walked towards the door.
"Ok call us if you have anymore good news," responded Carrie as she opened the door and they walked out.
"We will," said Haylie. "Bye."
"Bye," AJ and Carrie said at the same time as they walked back in the house and sat back on the couch together.
Haylie and Nick got in Nick's car and started off towards their home.
"Wow I really can't believe this is still happening," stated Haylie as they drove down the road.
"Are you happy?" asked Nick.
"Yeah totally its just that I can't believe that I'm pregnant and we're gonna have a baby already," answered Haylie.
"I know but we're gonna try our hardest to do the best we can for this baby no matter what," stated Nick.
"Yes we are," Haylie looked at Nick as she said that. "I love you."
"I love you too," replied Nick as he turned into the drive to their place for the first time thinking about how less then 9 months from now they'd both be coming home from the hospital for the first time with their new baby in the backseat. Nick smiled just thinking about it and then turned and looked at Haylie. He leaned over and kissed her.

Chapter End Notes:

What'd you think? Please leave a comment. I love to hear what my readers think about my story. Feel free to comment. Thanks in advance.