- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

"The doctor will see you now Mrs. Carter," spoke the nurse as she walked into the waiting room.
Nick and Haylie both stood up and walked towards the doctor's office.
"Mrs. Carter please step on the scale for me," asked the nurse as Haylie took off her shoes and handed her purse and jacket to Nick. Once she was done getting weighed and her height was checked the nurse handed her a gown and told her to put it on and that the doctor would be right in to see them. They walked into the doctors office and Haylie quickly changed.
"Nick can you tie the back please?" asked Haylie as she lifted her hair out of the way.
"Sure," answered Nick as he tied her gown.
They had never been this nervous in their whole lives. Haylie sat down on the bed in the room while Nick sat in the chair next to it.
"Morning," smiled the doctor as she walked in and sat down on the stool next to Haylie. "I'm Dr. Stevens."
"Hi I'm Haylie Carter and this is my husband Nick," introduced Haylie.
"Nice to meet you both," replied Dr. Stevens. "Now from what your file says you took a home pregnancy test and want to know when your due right?"
"Yes," answered Haylie as she grabbed Nick's hand.
"Ok that's great," responded Dr. Stevens. "Ok let me just get everything I need and we can start."
Dr. Stevens soon did the blood work that needed to be done and then started to sonogram.
"You hear that sound?" asked Dr. Stevens.
"Yeah," answered Nick.
"That's the baby's heartbeat," responded Dr. Stevens. "And this is what your little baby looks like." She pointed to the screen.
"Oh my gosh Nick look its our baby," whispered Haylie on the verge of tears.
"I know," Nick said as he kissed Haylie's cheek.
"Ok so it looks like your about 10 weeks along so that means you'll be due around late January," stated Dr. Stevens. "Your due date looks to be the 27th."
"Oh my gosh the day before your birthday," smiled Haylie.
"Well congrats then," said Dr. Stevens.
They finished up the doctors appointment and made an appointment for next month then headed out to home.
"Let's go tell our parents in person babe," suggested Haylie as they got into the car.
"We can go see yours but I don't know about mine but it might be fun," replied Nick as they headed out to their home.
"I've only met your family a couple times and I'm gonna be having their first grandchild I think they'll be happy and wanna hear it in person," said Haylie.
"Ok maybe we can fly out there after we go to Checotah," replied Nick.
"Thanks baby," Haylie smiled and then leaned over and kissed Nick on the cheek.

The next morning Haylie woke up to the smell of food cooking in the kitchen. Haylie got out of bed and walked into the kitchen to see Nick at the stove cooking eggs with bacon in the microwave and coffee ready with toast in the toaster. Haylie walked over behind Nick and wrapped her arms around his waist.
"Morning baby," said Haylie as Nick turned around to kiss her.
"How are you this morning?" asked Nick.
"Great," answered Haylie. "It smells good in here. I’m starving."
"Great there’s a lot of food here," replied Nick.
They soon ate breakfast and then walked out back to the hammock there. Haylie and Nick got onto the hammock and talked.
"So baby when are you gonna tell the guys?" asked Haylie.
"Umm I don’t know when do you wanna tell them?" said Nick.
"Lets wait until after I till my parents at least," answered Haylie.
"Ok we’ll do that then," said Nick.
"So when do you wanna fly back to Oklahoma?" asked Haylie.
"How about sometime this week since the guys and I are just getting the last minute things done," said Nick. "They can let me go home with you for a few days."
"You sure?" asked Haylie.
"Yes I am," answered Nick. "Trust me baby we’ll be leaving for Oklahoma before you know it."
Within two days Nick told the guys that him and Haylie were going home to visit for a few days and would be back soon. They didn’t say anything about it just figured Haylie wanted to see her parents. Haylie and Nick were to arrive in Oklahoma at 5 that night and would drive straight to Haylie’s parents house.
About 7 that night they were in Haylie’s parents driveway getting out of the car and heading for the door. Haylie knocked on the door as her mom answered.
"Haylie," yelled Annie. "What are you doing here again?"
"We wanted to come by," said Haylie.
"Well come on in and I’ll get your father in the living room," said Annie as they walked in and shut the door.
As they walked into the living room Jim got up and said, "Haylie. Nick. What in the world are you doing here?"
"We just wanted to come by like I told mom," said Haylie.
"Well come on and sit down tell us all about the honeymoon," said Annie.
"Well we went to a private island in the Caribbean’s and it was gorgeous," said Haylie. "And after we were about to leave there I wanted to go to Disney so for about a week we were there and then came home."
"Aww that sounds so fun," said Annie.
"It was," said Nick. "We had a blast at Disney. That was the most fun." Nick looked at Haylie when he said that with a big smile on this face and they both laughed.
"So we actually came to tell you both something," said Haylie.
"Oh really what?" said Annie.
"Mom. Dad," said Haylie as she looked at them then at Nick and grabbed his hands. "We’re gonna have a baby."
"What?" said Jim.
"Yeah daddy," said Haylie.
"Congratulations baby," said Annie.
"Thanks mom," said Haylie as she hugged Annie and looked at Jim. "Daddy come on say something."
"Wow my little girl is having a baby," said Jim. "Congratulations baby."
"Thanks daddy," said Haylie as she got up and hugged Jim. Nick hugged Annie and then gave Jim a hug. They all soon talked and had dinner and around 9:30 that night Haylie and Nick left to go home.
Once there they went to the entertainment room.
"Baby this is gonna be weird here tonight since I’ve never slept with a guy in my room here," said Haylie.
"Its gonna be ok," said Nick. "We’re married now baby. And your having our baby."
"Yeah I know," said Haylie. "Baby do you wanna keep this place here?"
"I like having a place here so we can get away," said Nick.
"Cause we could always buy a house here," said Haylie. "I mean with a baby and all this place well be way too small."
"Yeah I know," said Nick. "How about this since we don’t have to back right away lets go look for a home tomorrow."
"Ok that’s great," said Haylie. "I think one of my old friends from school is a realtor here we can go see them."
"Great can’t wait," said Nick as he got up and pulled Haylie close. "Lets go to bed."
"Sounds great," said Haylie as Nick picked her up and walked fast up the stairs and into the bedroom.

Chapter End Notes:

Please comment and tell me what you think. Thanks.