- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

The next morning Haylie got up first and grabbed a bowl of cereal and grabbed the newspaper. Nick soon was up himself and grabbed himself a bowl of cereal too. They sat there looking through the paper reading what houses were for sale and all that.

“Baby this one sounds great,” said Haylie. “Listen, Victorian style house on 10 acres. Has five bedrooms two and a half bath and a living room, office, basement and entertainment room.”

“Wow sounds huge just like our place in LA,” said Nick.

“Yeah baby just with a few less rooms,” said Haylie. “What do you think can we go look at it with the realtor today?”

“Yeah sure baby anything that makes you happy,” said Nick.

“Thanks Nick,” said Haylie as she kissed Nick. “Now lets go get washed up and dress cause I wanna go see it soon.” As Haylie said that Nick grabbed her and took her to the bathroom. They took a shower together then got out and got dress and were ready to call the realtor and go see the home.

Once at the realty company they got out and met the realtor.

“Hi welcome you must be the Carter’s,” said the realtor. “I’m Susie and I’ll be helping you find your perfect home.”

“Hi nice to meet you Susie I’m Nick and this is my wife Haylie,” said Nick. Nick loved saying that. He just couldn’t believe it that he actually had a wife.

“Nice to meet you too,” said Susie. “Lets go on into the office here and look up the house and see where it is.”

“Ok,” said Haylie as they all walked inside and Haylie sat down while Nick and Susie stood at the desk near the computer.

“Ok so you wanna look at the Victorian house on the 10 acres,” said Susie.

“Yes,” said Haylie. “That’s the one.”

“Ok great you ready to see it?” asked Susie.

“Yes lets go,” said Nick.

“Do you wanna ride with me or take both cars?” asked Susie.

“Well ride with you if that’s not too much,” said Haylie.

“No not at all,” said Susie. “I’m the black SUV out there next to the building.”

“Ok great lets go then,” said Nick. They all soon left in the SUV and went to see the home.

Once there they drove up this long driveway up to the house. It was so gorgeous and big. Haylie got out and walked over to it.

“Nick look at it its beautiful,” said Haylie. “Its big enough to raise the baby here.”

“Yeah I know,” said Nick. “The baby will love this place when their older.”

“Wanna see the inside of the house?” asked Susie.

“Can we?” asked Haylie.

“Sure why not,” said Susie as they walked onto the porch. Susie grabbed the key out of her pocket and opened the door. It was empty inside because the last owners had already moved out. They all walked in and looked around.

“Wow this is so beautiful inside,” said Haylie. “I wanna see the rooms where are they?”

“There’s four on the second floor and one on this floor,” said Susie. They went up to look at all the rooms and fell in love with the whole house. This was the one Haylie had always wanted and dreamed about.

“Nick I really love this house,” said Haylie.

“Yeah I know me too,” said Nick. “How much are they asking?”

“Umm I think last I heard half a million,” said Susie.

“Ok,” said Nick. “Thanks.”

“Baby you wanna get it,” said Haylie. “Come on you know we need a new place before the baby gets here.”

“Yeah I know that’s why Susie we’ll take this place,” said Nick.

“Ok lets go back to the office and we’ll get started on the paperwork for the house,” said Susie as they walked out the door and locked it and got into the SUV to leave.

“I can’t believe it Nick this will be ours someday soon,” said Haylie.

“Yeah I know it will be ours,” said Nick.

They stayed quite for a few and then Susie spoke up, “so I heard you guys say something about a baby. I’m sorry if you don’t wanna talk about it but I just thought that I’d tell you congratulations if you are.”

“Oh thanks and yes we are having a baby,” said Haylie. “But no one but my best friend and my parents know so far so please don’t say anything until after we tell everyone.”

“I won’t I promise,” said Susie.

“Thanks,” said Nick as they pulled into the parking lot of the office and got out.

Soon they signed all the paperwork needed to be signed and put down the down payment that was asked.

As they were getting ready to leave Susie said,” Well thanks for being such great clients today. And I will get you the key to the house within a week.”

“Ok great just send it to the address out in LA if you would please,” said Nick. “We’ll be there for a while since I’m finishing up an album there with my friends.”

“Ok I’ll send it there for you,” said Susie. “Its been great meeting you both and congratulations once again.”

“Thanks,” said Haylie. “I’m looking forward to getting the keys in the mail.”

“I’ll get them out by the end of next week,” said Susie. “Bye see you both later.”

“Bye see ya later,” said Haylie.

“Bye,” said Nick as they walked out to their SUV and got in and went to the pizza place in downtown. Once there they walked in and Haylie sat down as Nick walked over and got Haylie’s favorite pizza a garlic sauce cheese pizza.

Nick returned to Haylie with two Dr. Pepper’s and waited for their pizza. Once it got there they ate and talked about the new home and everything. They soon finished eating and went back home to go to bed cause Haylie was getting tired.

Weeks later they were in LA sitting there in bed watching tv and just being lazy. Haylie and Nick still hadn’t told the guys about the baby cause they didn’t wanna tell them too soon. They were going to invited everyone over for a nice dinner and then tell them. They planned the dinner for two nights from now. Haylie was nervous when it came to telling them. Haylie knew Carrie and AJ already knew but they didn’t tell anyone and Haylie knows that for sure.

Soon the two days came and went quickly and it was getting close to the time that everyone was coming over. Carrie came over early to help with dinner. It was 4 p.m. and Haylie and Carrie started making dinner so when the guys and everyone else got there at 5:30 they could eat. They were having barbeque chicken and mash potatoes and green beans and corn on the cob, real southern style.

They guys and everyone else started coming over at 5:30 and Nick was the first one home. Once home he dragged me upstairs into our room and sat me on the bed.

“Baby I got you something,” said Nick.

“Oh really what?” asked Haylie.

“Here open it,” said Nick.

“ok,” said Haylie as she grabbed the gift and opened it. When she looked at what it was it was a shocked to see a beautiful bracelet that had diamonds in it that made it sparkle in the light. “Its beautiful thank you Nick.”

“Your welcome I just thought you’d love it,” said Nick. “You deserve it more then anything. I mean your having our baby and all.”

“Yeah you got a point there baby,” said Haylie as she kissed Nick.

Soon they went downstairs again to see everyone at the house already. They got in the living room and had everyone get ready for dinner in the dinning room. Once there Carrie and Haylie grabbed the food and brought it out and placed it on the table. The grace was said and everyone dug in. They loved southern food, it reminded them so much of their homes and being back in the south. Soon dinner was over and they were now in the living room talking.
“So anything new?” asked Carrie as she sat down on the couch with a drink in her hand.
“Not really,” replied Brian as he sat down with his drink in hand. “How bout ya’ll?” Brian looked over at Nick and Haylie.
“Actually,” started Haylie. “Yes.”
“Oh really what?” asked Leighanne.
Haylie looked at Nick and smiled then turned to the group of people in their living room. “We’re gonna have a baby. I’m pregnant.”
“Congratulations,” said Howie as he got up and hugged Haylie. They all soon followed behind and said congratulations one by one.
“How long have you known?” asked Leighanne.
“A couple weeks now,” smiled Haylie.
“When are you due?” asked Brian.
“The day before my birthday,” laughed Nick.
“ Another January baby,” said AJ. “Sweet.”

“I know that’s awesome,” replied Nick.

“Well I hope that I either have the baby early or later then the 27th cause I don’t need a baby having his or hers birthday the day before their daddy’s,” joked Haylie as she laughed. “I can’t handle two birthdays that close and I so hope she or he comes sooner then the 27th.”

“Baby your gonna have to deal with it if and when it happens,” replied Nick.
“Man its getting late or I’m just getting more and more tired,” yawned Haylie.
“I know exactly how you fell,” spoke Leighanne. “If you ever need anything don’t hesitate to call.”
“Thanks I won’t,” replied Haylie.
“Well I think me and Brian are gonna head out and get back early enough for the babysitter,” said Leighanne. “Congratulations once again and I’ll talk to you later.” They hugged both Brian and Leighanne as they left. They were soon followed by the other remaining people in their living room until it was just Haylie and Nick. They soon locked up the house and turned off the lights.
“We can clean up later lets just get to bed,” stated Haylie as she walked up to their room.
“I agree,” Nick replied as they walked into their room and got ready for bed. “Love you.”
“Love you too,” responded Haylie as she leaned over and kissed Nick they fell fast asleep.

Chapter End Notes:

Please comment I highly appreciate it.