- Text Size +

A few months passed and the guys were already on tour with the new album and Haylie was on tour with the guys until mid December when they would take a break until late January when the baby would be born. Haylie was now 6 months along and loving it. She had already gotten the baby's room ready before they left for the tour. Tonight was a special night it was Haylie's 23rd birthday and it was October 7, and Nick had something planned out while they were performing.
Haylie was sitting on the side of the stage like she always did during the tour and watched as her husband acted like a fool and made all the girls go crazy. Well just as they got to about midway through the show Nick starts to talk.
"Hello Boston," said Nick as the crowd screamed then quitted down to hear what he was going to say. "Well today is someone close to me's birthday and their turning 23 today." Nick paused as he walked over to Haylie to bring her on stage as the guys brought out a cake. "My wife here Haylie has a birthday today and we'd like to wish you a happy birthday Backstreet style." Haylie got to the center of the stage then set on the stool there for her. The guys place a cake in front of her and sang happy birthday to her.
Then Haylie said as she blew out the candles, "Nick its not nice to tempt a pregnant women like this with a cake that looks this good."
"Sorry blame the guys they brought it out not me I got you out here," said Nick and the whole crowd laughed.
"Its ok I'll just have to take some of this cake and do this," said Haylie as she got off her stool and walked over to Brian and Howie and smashed cake into their faces and then over to AJ and did the same thing. Haylie save the best for last she too two hand and grabbed most of the cake and walked over to Nick.
Nick started to run away from his wife but Carrie caught him for her, "thanks Carrie," said Haylie as she smashed the cake into Nick's face and Nick took it and smashed it in her face and hair. Haylie then wiped her hand on Nick's shirt till there was no more cake on her hands.
"Thanks Carrie," said Nick.
"No prob," said Carrie.
"Meet me backstage after the show and you can make up for tempting a pregnant women," whispered Haylie into Nick's ear that didn't have an earpiece in it.
Nick smiled and whispered in Haylie's ear, "I'll differently make it up to you."
They then forgot about being on stage and started to kiss until they were interrupted by AJ saying, "excuse me but this is a family show."
Haylie and Nick broke apart and Nick said, "Sorry. Hey I need to run and change out of this cake be right back." They all ran backstage and changed and got washed up then came back on and did the rest of the concert.
When it was over just like Nick promised Haylie he met her backstage and they walked together to their bus. On the way there they were stopped by fans wanting his autograph and pictures with him. Haylie stood close to Nick and just smiled as he finished up. They soon walked off to the bus and into the backroom and locked the door. They knew that they were going to the next city tonight so they had to sleep on the road. Well everyone but Haylie and Nick did that. About 4 hours after they left the arena they were in New York City. It was already close to 5 so they just stayed on the bus and sleep.
Haylie and Nick were the last ones who woke up at almost noon. They had a sound check at 2 so they had to be woke up by a call from Howie who was wondering where they were.
They came out of the bus finally and met up with the others who were inside the venue just hanging out. "You both finally woke up," said Howie.
"Yeah we did but we didn't want to," said Nick. "I was nice and comfy until Haylie made me get up."
"Well it was getting late and I'm hungry," said Haylie. "I want something to eat. I want something like eggs and bacon and pancakes and a lot of syrup."
"Ok well just ask the cooks maybe they have some of that," said Nick. Haylie then walked over and asked if the cooks had some and they did and they would make it and bring it right out to Haylie. Nick just wanted toast, eggs, and bacon.
Haylie sat there with her food in front of her and poured the syrup all over her food. She ate every last bite too.
"Man Haylie how could you eat that it looked nasty," said AJ.
"Hey when your pregnant you eat weird things," said Leighanne as she walked into the room.
"Hey Leighanne," said Haylie.
"Hey so how are you?" asked Leighanne.
"Just fine," answered Haylie. "And full."
"Well you ate a lot of food," said Nick.
"Hey watch it I'm eating for two here," said Haylie.
"Yeah I know but that’s just a lot of food," said Nick.
"Yeah, yeah, yeah," said Haylie as she got up. "Now when is the sound check?"
"In about an hour or so," said Howie as he walked in.
"Thanks Howie," said Haylie. "Well I'm gonna grab Carrie and go down the street to go shopping for a few minutes and we'll be back in about an hour or so."
"You want me to come?" asked Nick.
"No you have to stay here just in case we don't get back before you have to start the sound check," said Haylie.
"Then at least take my bodyguard with you," said Nick.
"Ok fine I'll take him," said Haylie as she walked out of the room to go find Carrie.
Haylie walked down the hall to where the rest of the guys were and Carrie. Haylie walked into the room and saw Carrie and Brian seating there watching TV.
"Hey Carrie wanna go shopping for a few?" asked Haylie.
"Yeah sure let me just grab my purse and we can go," answered Carrie.
"Ok and I already told AJ cause he was in the room when I told Nick," said Haylie.
"Ok great," replied Carrie.
They grabbed Carrie's purse and got one of the bodyguards to come with them and they were off to go shopping. Their first stop was one of the cutest baby shops in New York City. They walked in and went straight to the little girls section.
"Haylie look at this you so gotta get this for her," said Carrie as she held up one of the cutest little dresses ever.
"Oh my gosh I love it," said Haylie. "Get it in like a size 9 months will ya so she can wear it later."
"Yeah sure," said Carrie as she grabbed a size 9 months.
They looked through the clothes and found so many they wanted they got them in all different sizes even the bodyguard was helping out. They soon checked out and went to the next store. They had half an hour till they had to be back and so they went to one last store. Another baby store was a block away and they went in there and got the cutest things too. Once they were finished there they headed back and made it back just 10 minutes before the guys had to go on.
Haylie walked over to Nick with bags in her hand.
"So what'd ya buy today baby?" asked Nick.
"Just a ton of more baby clothes for the baby," said Haylie.
"Well I don't think clothes will be a problem with this baby," said Nick. "I think she won't rewear the same outfit twice the way you shop."
"Yeah, yeah, yeah," said Haylie.
"Well I gotta go get ready sound check starts in about a minute if you wanna watch," said Nick.
"Ok babe," said Haylie as she kissed Nick and went to put the bags into the bus.
When she came back in she walked to the side of the stage and just stood with Carrie and Leighanne and Baylee watching the guys doing the sound check.
They were having a blast at the sound check and Baylee was taking over like always.

It was now December and the tour was going great and they had 5 shows left before they went on break. They were in Hershey, PA tonight and then would head to Maine the next night.
Haylie was asleep on the bus taking a nap when Nick walked onto the bus and yelled, "Babe you up."
Haylie could hear him walk towards the backroom where she was asleep on the bed. Haylie got up and said, "back here."
"Hey babe," said Nick as he sat on the bed and kissed Haylie. "How are you?"
"Good I was just so tired," said Haylie. "I had to take a nap."
"Well we're about to start the sound check if you wanna come and watch it with the others," said Nick as he stood up.
"Yeah I'll be there just let me brush my hair and make sure I look good and I'll be right there," said Haylie as she stood up and kissed Nick.
"I'll be waiting for you then," said Nick as he walked off the bus and went into the arena.
Haylie brushed her hair then touched up her make-up and walked out the bus and into the arena where she could hear music playing. Haylie followed the music to the stage and there she saw Nick messing around with Baylee and making him laugh. Haylie stood there as she watched them and smiled.
Carrie saw her and walked up to Haylie and said, "Hey you finally woke up."
"Yeah Nick woke me up and told me that they were starting the sound check," replied Haylie.
"Yeah I was wondering when you'd be up," said Carrie.
"I was just so tired I guess that’s what happens when your 8 months pregnant," said Haylie.
The sound check was going by smoothly and everyone was having fun. The crowd really loved it and started asking questions. The sound check was almost over when Haylie and Carrie were standing there listening to the guys sing 'I Still...' when Haylie felt something weird and grabbed her stomach.
"Carrie," said Haylie as she grabbed Carrie's arm tightly.
Carrie quickly looked at Haylie and said, "Haylie what's the matter?"
"I don't know the baby," said Haylie.
"Oh my gosh Haylie it can't be," said Carrie as she panicked. Carrie didn't know what to do she was freaking out.
Nick was on the stage just having fun and laughing when he heard Haylie on the side of the stage yell, "Nick." Nick turned to see Haylie holding her stomach and closing her eyes tightly. Nick stopped what he was doing and ran over to Haylie.
"Babe what's wrong?" asked Nick.
"I don't know she just out of nowhere grabbed her stomach and started grabbing my arm," said Carrie.
"Lets get her to the hospital," said Nick as he picked up his wife and walked as fast as he could to back of the arena. Nick looked around and found the exit where he walked. Once there Nick and Carrie looked around and didn't know what to do.
"Nick why don't I go see if someone inside has a car we can barrow," said Carrie.
"Ok but hurry," said Nick.
Carrie ran back inside and was going crazy while the rest of the guys started to run towards her.
"Where are they?" asked Brian.
"Outside but we need a car," said Carrie. "There's no way to get to the hospital without a car."
"Well where are we gonna find that," said AJ.
"I don't know," said Carrie. "Maybe someone here will let us take their car."
Meanwhile they were looking for a car Nick and Haylie were outside and Nick was still holding Haylie.
"Baby it hurts I don't know what's going on," said Haylie.
"I know but we're trying to get a car or something to get you there," said Nick. Just then he thought of something he turned around and walked towards the buses and took Haylie into theirs. Nick placed Haylie on the couch and ran inside the arena. "You guys come on she can't wait any longer we gotta get to the hospital we need my bus driver were taking the bus."
"Ok Howie go get the bus driver and meet us at Nick's bus and Leighanne will you get Carrie," said AJ.
"Yeah sure," said Howie as he ran off to get the driver and Leighanne went to find Carrie.
"Carrie," yelled Leighanne as she saw her running down the hall.
Carrie stopped and turned around and said, "Yeah."
"We're taking the bus come on," said Leighanne.
"Ok," yelled Carrie as she ran towards Leighanne.
Howie found the bus driver and they all ran outside and into the bus. They then left the arena in the middle of the sound check without telling Johnny where they were all off to. Howie decided he'd call and tell him and so he did. They then arrived about 15 minutes later at the hospital and everyone got off after Nick and Haylie got off.
They walked into the emergency room and Haylie walked up to the counter with Nick.
"Hi may I help you," said the nurse.
"Yes I think I'm having my baby," said Haylie calmly.
The nurse rush around and grabbed a wheel chair and sat her down and said, "Ok ma'am lets get you into a room right away. And sir you can fill out this paper work." "Ok thanks," said Nick as he took the paperwork and walked behind the nurse and Haylie. The guys watched them go down the hall and into a room and then the guys found a seat in the waiting room and just waited to hear what was going on.
Nick finished filling out the paperwork and handed it to the nurse as she hooked up his wife to the monitors.
"Thank you," said the nurse. "Ok so Mrs." the nurse paused as she looked at the paperwork. "Mrs. Carter your only 8 months along right?"
"Yes ma'am," said Haylie. Just then a sharp pain hit her side and Haylie screamed.
"Well it looks like your baby wants to come early," said the nurse.
"What?" said Nick shocked.
"Yes sir," said the nurse. "It looks her like your wife is in labor and will have the baby within a few hours." Just then another pain hit Haylie and she screamed again.
"Contractions are closer then I thought let me get the doctor and might have a baby within the next hour," said the nurse as she left the room to get the doctor.
"Nick I'm scared," said Haylie. "Why is this happening to me. She shouldn't be coming now we're not even ready here on the road."
"Baby its ok," said Nick. "She'll be fine. I'm gonna run and tell the others will you be ok?"
"Yeah but can you send Carrie in," said Haylie.
"Yeah I'll send her in," said Nick as he walked out of the room and into the waiting room.
As Nick walked in everyone got up and walked over to Nick.
"Carrie she wants you in there right now," said Nick. "She's the 4th room on the right just walk on in."
"Ok thanks," said Carrie as she walked out the waiting room.
Nick walked over and sat down and began to cry.
"What's wrong Nick," asked Howie.
"This shouldn't be happening," said Nick.
"What shouldn't be happening," asked Brian as he sat down next to Nick.
"The baby they say she'll be born in about an hour," said Nick. "She's only 8 months pregnant. Why?"
"She'll be fine Nick," said Leighanne. "Everything is going to be ok. You just need to be strong and be there for your wife."
"Yeah she's right," said AJ. "You gotta go back in there and be strong."
"Thanks guys," said Nick as he wiped his eyes and got up and hugged them. "We should have a baby within the next hour the nurse told us."
"Great we can't wait to see her," said Leighanne. "Now get back to your wife she needs you and I know this cause I was once in her place not to long ago."
"Thanks Leighanne," said Nick as he walked out of the waiting room and into the room where Haylie and Carrie were.
"Hey Nick," said Carrie.
"Hey Carrie," said Nick. "So did the doctor say anything?"
"Yeah that I was almost ready to have this baby," said Haylie.
"You know baby we never even picked out names," said Nick.
"Yeah I know we kinda need to do that," said Haylie. "Lets see," Haylie paused as she had a contraction. "Something cute."
"Yeah but what goes good with Carter?" asked Nick.
"I've got it," said Haylie as a contraction hit. "Ava Riley Carter."
"I love it," said Carrie.
"Me too," said Nick.
"Ok then that’s going," Haylie paused as a contraction came. "To be her name."
The nurse then walked in with the doctor again to check Haylie.
"It looks like we're gonna have a baby really soon cause your ready to start pushing once we get setup," said the doctor.
They got ready and within the next 30 minutes they had a baby girl. The nurses checked her out and she was fine. They brought the baby back into the room with Haylie and Nick.
"Do we have a name for this cute little girl?" asked the nurse.
"Yes," said Haylie. "Her name is Ava Riley Carter."
"That’s so cute I'll go and write up the birth certificate," said the nurse as she hand Nick Ava and walked out the room.
"Baby look at how pretty she is," said Nick. "I can't believe it she's so tiny."
"I know," said Haylie. "I'm so happy there's nothing wrong with her even thought she's born early."
"Yeah me too," Nick bent down and kissed Haylie as he held Ava.
"Nick," said Haylie.
"Yeah," answered Nick.
"Don't you have a concert tonight?" asked Haylie.
"We canceled it and will reschedule it for January when we don't have any shows," answered Nick.
"Babe you didn't have to cancel the show for me," said Haylie.
"I did cause this is important to me," said Nick. "You'll always be more important to me than any show I ever do."
"Aww babe that's so sweet," said Haylie. "I love you."
"I love you too," said Nick as he leaned down and kissed Haylie again. "Is it ok for me to go out and show the guys Ava?"
"Yeah I bet they'll love seeing her," said Haylie. "Go show them I'll be right here waiting just relaxing."
"Ok I'll be right back with Ava," said Nick as he walked out the room and down the hall to the waiting room. "Hey ya'll."
"Hey" said everyone as they got up and walked over to Nick.
"Aww Nick she's beautiful," said Leighanne. "What's her name?"
"Ava Riley," answered Nick.
"That's such a cute name," said AJ.
"Yeah Haylie came up with it before she had her," said Nick.
"Can we hold her?" asked Brian.
"Yeah sure," answered Nick as he let Brian hold Ava.
"She's so tiny," said Howie.
"Yeah I know that's what I said too," said Nick.
"Can we see Haylie?" asked Leighanne.
"She's resting right now but you can go on in if you want," said Nick.
"I'll just let her rest," said Leighanne. "We kinda got to get going soon since we'll be here for a few days until she gets out of the hospital."
"Yeah we kinda gotta find a place to stay," said Howie.
"Yeah I know but I think I'll stay here with Haylie until we leave," said Nick.
"Well were gonna get going and let you and Haylie have Ava all to yourself," said AJ as Brian handed Ava back to Nick.
"Anyone else wanna hold her?" asked Nick.
"Can I," said Leighanne as Nick passed Ava to her.
"Yeah," said Nick. "So did anyone call Johnny?"
"Yeah Howie did," said Brian. "Johnny said that he'd tell everyone the show would be canceled and we'd reschedule."
"Great thanks Howie," said Nick.
"No prob," replied Howie.
"Leighanne you wanna walk Ava back with me?" asked Nick.
"Yeah sure," answered Leighanne. "I'll be right back guys then we can go."
"Ok we'll wait for you," said Carrie.
Leighanne, Ava, and Nick walked back to the room and walked in to find Haylie asleep. Leighanne placed Ava in her bed and gave Nick a hug. "Congratulations Nick. We're all proud of you."
"Thanks Leighanne that means a lot to me," said Nick as he hugged Leighanne and gave her a kiss on the cheek.
"If you need anything or have any questions me and Brian are here for you and don't hesitate to call," said Leighanne.
"Thanks I'll probably take you up on the offer," said Nick as they both laughed.
"Well I gotta go cause Baylee's probably wondering where me and Brian are," said Leighanne as she hugged Nick again.
"Yeah well we'll see you all later then," said Nick as Leighanne left the room.
Nick then walked over to the bed and kissed Haylie on the forehead and walked over to Ava. He bent down to Ava and kissed her on the forehead too and walked over to the pull out couch and grabbed a blanket and fall asleep until Ava woke him and Haylie up again a few hours later for a feeding and changing.
A few days later Haylie and Ava were able to go home finally. Everyone was meeting them at the hotel they were staying at. Nick had bought another car seat since theirs was in LA. They called a cab and as they came out the hospital with the baby covered so no one could see her the press was there taking pictures of them. Nick took Ava out to the cab in her car seat and put her in and buckled her up. Haylie and Nick got in and were off and leaving the press behind them. Once at the hotel fans were outside waiting for Nick and Haylie to arrive with Ava. They got out and got inside without anyone seeing Ava. Fans of course yelled congratulations to them as they walked into the hotel and Nick and Haylie just smiled and said, 'thank you.'
They walked into the ballroom where they were to meet the rest of the guys. As they walked into the ballroom everyone yelled out, "SUPRISE!"
Nick and Haylie jumped as they heard everyone yell and then they hugged everyone one by one. They had a small party that night and talked about where they were off to the next day.

The next morning they were all off to Chicago to go to one of the last two shows before the break. They got onto the bus and placed Haylie in a crib they bought for her while on tour. Ava would be up every four hours for a feeding and changing so Nick and Haylie took turns taking car of Ava. The concert they were on their way to was the next day and they were staying in town. As they arrived in Chicago they got off the bus and walked into the hotel without the fans again seeing Ava. They spent that evening inside and just ordered from the hotel when they were hungry.
The next day was the first show and sound check since Ava was born 5 days ago. It was now December 20th and everyone was getting ready for the sound check. Haylie even brought Ava along to see if her dad's voice would put her to sleep. The sound check started around 2 and Haylie was there on the side of the stage with Ava and the other girls. Haylie was rocking Ava back and forth to sleep with the music. Nick would look over every now and then and would smile seeing Ava and Haylie there watching him. Once the sound check was over Nick walked over and picked up Ava and held her close and leaned in and kissed Haylie.
"So what do you wanna do now?" asked Nick.
"How about just relaxing backstage and doing nothing or maybe grabbing a bite to eat here," replied Haylie.
"Yeah that sounds great," said Nick. "You know I can't believe I once was the type that just wanted to party all the time and now look at me I want to stay in with my wife and daughter."
"Yeah I know," said Haylie. "Marriage and having a baby can change people."
"I guess so," said Nick as he kissed Haylie.