- Text Size +

A few weeks later Carrie was at Haylie's house one day while the guys were in the studio. Haylie had gotten Leighanne to watch Ava while her and Carrie did some things together.
"Haylie," said Carrie. "You ok in there?"
"I don't know," said Haylie as she walked out. "I only can remember being this sick when I had morning sickness." Haylie and Carrie looked at each other.
"Could it?" said Carrie.
"Oh my gosh," said Haylie. "Could I be pregnant again?"
"Oh my gosh Haylie," said Carrie. "Do you have any test around?"
"Yeah I have some left over from Ava lets go see," replied Haylie as they walked into the master bathroom.
"Ok you do what it says and I'll wait for you in your room," said Carrie.
"Ok be right out," replied Haylie. A few minutes later Haylie walks out and sits on the bed.
"So?" asked Carrie.
"I don't know I left it in the bathroom," answered Haylie. "Man this is like watching 'Gene Simmon's Family Jewels' where Shannon thought she was pregnant."
"Yeah I know," said Carrie. "lets go check it out and see what it says." They walked into the bathroom and walked to the sink.
"Here goes nothing," said Haylie as they looked down.
"Oh my gosh Haylie your pregnant," yelled Carrie.
"Oh my gosh," said Haylie shocked. "I can't believe this."
"Here you want a second opinion lets go see your doctor today before the guys get home," said Carrie as she grabbed her cell phone and dialed the doctor's number.
"Hi yes this is Mrs. Carrie McLean calling on behalf of Mrs. Haylie Carter I'd like to book the soonest appointment for today," said Carrie into the phone. "Thank you we'll be there in a few then. Thanks." Carrie then hung up the phone. "Its all seat get dressed cause we gotta be there in 30 minutes."
"You didn't have to do this I could have just told Nick and we could have just gone together," said Haylie a little scared.
"Nonsense your going cause you need to know," said Carrie. "Do you really need to get Nick's hopes up and you not be pregnant?"
"No I guess your right lets go," answered Haylie as she threw on a pair of jeans and a cute shirt and they left.
They got to the doctors and went inside and Haylie had test done and then the doctor came in.
"Hi Mrs. Carter," said Dr. Watson. "I have the results."
"Yes," said Haylie as she looked at the doctor.
"You are indeed pregnant," said Dr. Watson.
"How far along Doctor?" asked Haylie.
"Almost a month," said Dr. Watson.
"Thank you Doctor," said Haylie. They spoke for a few with Dr. Watson and then went and paid then left.
While in the car Haylie turned to Carrie who was driving and said, "I so can't believe I'm pregnant again. I'm like Britney Spears here having two kids back to back. Wow."
"Your not like Britney," said Carrie. "She has a failing marriage and you don't you love Nick and he loves you more then anything. You are the most loving family in America. I'm so happy for you."
"Well I'm happy for you too," said Haylie. "Can you believe this were both gonna have baby's together. Nick and AJ are gonna have their hands so full with us."
Carrie dropped Haylie off so she could go home and see AJ and leave Nick and Haylie to be. Leighanne still had Ava when Haylie walked into the house.
"Baby you here?" yelled Haylie as she walked into the bedroom.
"Yeah I'm right here," answered Nick as he walked out the bathroom and grabbed Haylie. "So how was your day?"
"Good yours?" asked Haylie.
"Good but nothing more then normal," replied Nick.
"Well baby I've got something to tell you," said Haylie.
"Ok go ahead," said Nick.
"We're gonna have another baby this summer," said Haylie.
"We are?" asked Nick shocked.
"Yeah baby we are," answered Haylie. "I'm shocked too, but were gonna have a baby about the same time as AJ and Carrie."
"Wow that's great our kids will be great friends," said Nick. "I so love you Haylie. I can't believe within a year after having Ava we're gonna have another little baby."
"Yeah I know," said Haylie. "I wanna call my mom this time since you have so much work and when you get time off we'll go back home so my mom can see Ava."
"Ok baby," said Nick as he kissed Haylie.
"So when's your next break?," asked Haylie.
"In a few weeks for Thanksgiving," answered Nick.
"Great we gotta go back home then cause I wanna show off my baby," said Haylie as she kissed Nick and walked towards the kitchen. "So I need to go get Ava from Leighanne's wanna go with me?"
"Sure I'd love to go," answered Nick. "You wanna go now?"
"Let me get a drink cause I'm thirsty," replied Haylie as she grabbed a water out of the fridge.
"So we gotta pick names way before the 7th month cause we were so unprepared for Ava," said Nick. "We gotta be prepared no matter where we are for this other baby."
"Ok baby but right now lets just go pick up the baby we have now," said Haylie as she grabbed her keys and pulled Nick towards the door.
"Ok, ok baby were going," said Nick as they got into the car and went to get Ava.
"So baby are we gonna be on tour again while I'm pregnant?" asked Haylie.
"I don't know but probably since we'll have a new CD out this year," answered Nick.
"We'll I'll be there and Ava too just to be with you," said Haylie. "I love you so much and don't want to be without you."
"Aww babe," said Nick as he looked at Haylie. "I love you too. I don't wanna go on tour ever without you."
They soon got to Leighanne and Brian's and got out of the car and walked towards the house and knocked on the door. Brian came to the door and opened it and let them in.
"Hey guys," said Brian as he gave Haylie a hug and shut the door behind Nick.
"Hey," said Haylie as she walked over to Leighanne who was holding Ava. "So how was she?"
"She was a perfect angel," said Leighanne.
"Great I hope she'll stay this way," said Haylie sitting down with Ava in her arms.
"So how are you feeling now?" asked Leighanne. "I know you weren't feeling good when I picked Ava up."
"I'm great now but Carrie made me go to the doctors," answered Haylie as Leighanne sat down next to her and the guys went into the kitchen.
"So did they say you had something at all?" asked Leighanne.
"Yeah I kinda have something," answered Haylie.
"Oh what is it?" asked Leighanne. "Is it bad?"
"No its not bad at all its actually really good news," said Haylie. "I'm pregnant again."
"Oh my gosh girl you are?" said Leighanne. "Congratulations again. Man you and Carrie both pregnant at the same time. Wow. Your gonna give AJ and Nick so much heck."
"Yeah I know but Nick knows how to deal with it he already did once," replied Haylie.
"Yeah that’s true and they got all the other guys there for them if they need them at anytime," said Leighanne.
"Yep that’s for sure," said Haylie. "Nick loves the idea of having another baby. I hope its a little boy cause then he could look just like Nick that would be so cute."
"Aww that would be adorable," said Leighanne. "I guess we'll just have to wait and see."
Meanwhile Leighanne and Haylie were talking in the living room with Ava, Nick and Brian were in the kitchen grabbing Ava's stuff.
"So do you know if we're going on tour this summer or not?" asked Nick.
"I don't know but AJ will probably have us block out some months during the summer for Carrie and all cause I know they'll wanna be home when the baby's born," answered Brian. "Why do you ask?"
"Oh nothing just Haylie wanted to know cause she wanted to go on tour with Ava and all and being pregnant she didn't know if we would have the time off when she has the baby," said Nick like it wasn't a surprise to him that Haylie was having a baby.
"Oh ok well bring Haylie and Ava along," said Brian. "Wait what did you just say?" Brian finally caught on about what Nick had just said. "Did you just say she is pregnant again?"
"Yeah she is," said Nick. "Isn't that amazing AJ and Carrie's baby is due around the same time as ours too."
"Wow man you two don't waste anytime," said Brian as Leighanne and Haylie walked in the kitchen with Ava.
"Hey I heard that," said Haylie. "Your the one who baby-sat for us and told us to have a night home alone weren't you?"
"Sorry," said Brian. "I didn't mean it like that its just that Ava's not even a year old."
"Hey I don't care like me and Carrie said earlier, I'm like Britney Spears having baby after baby," said Haylie. "But without the messy divorce." They all laughed and talked about the tour and Carrie and Haylie both having babies around the same time.

A few weeks later it was a two days before Thanksgiving and Haylie, Nick, Ava, AJ, and Carrie were all flying back to Checotah. They were going to have both families together at Nick and Haylie's house. AJ and Carrie wanted to sell the apartment once they got back and get themselves a home out there too just like Nick and Haylie's.
Haylie and Nick were at home with Ava getting ready to meet up with AJ and Carrie at the airport.
"Babe you about ready?" asked Nick.
"Yeah just getting my bag and Ava's bag too," answered Haylie. "Be right there."
"Ok," said Nick as he grabbed Ava.
"Here let me take Ava and you can put all the stuff in the car," said Haylie as she walked up to Nick.
"Ok," said Nick. "You can get the car started and put Ava in her seat then." They walked outside and Nick put the stuff in the trunk and Haylie started the car with Ava in her arms. Once the car was started Nick walked and opened the door for Haylie and then they kissed then Haylie put Ava in her car seat. Nick walked in the house and grabbed more bags and then stuck them in the trunk.
"Babe you got all the bags?" asked Haylie as she walked to the back of the SUV and looked in the trunk.
"Yeah I got all the bags that were in the room that you had brought for me to grab," answered Nick as he shut the trunk.
"Ok," said Haylie. "If we forgot anything we can just buy it when we get there."
"Ok," said Nick as he leaned down and kissed Haylie and wrapped her in his arms. "I love you."
"I love you too," said Haylie as they broke from each other and got in the SUV. "Now we're off to Checotah."
"Yep," said Nick as they drove off to the airport. "So does anyone in the family know about the new baby?"
"No I haven't called them cause I wanted to wait and tell them at Thanksgiving," answered Haylie.
"Ok," said Nick. "But at least they know about Ava."
"Yeah," said Haylie. "Oh and we got family coming from all over. They always come from all over America it seems like so be prepared for a huge family."
"Ok that’s cool," said Nick. "Do they all know that your married?"
"Yes but not all of them know who I married since they didn't come to the wedding," said Haylie. "Some couldn't make it cause of how far away they are. But they make it twice a year for Thanksgiving and Christmas."
"Ok it'll be fun meeting new family," said Nick as he parked the SUV and got out. "Ok now lets get going and meet up with AJ and Carrie if their here."
"Ok," said Haylie. "Let me grab a cart and you grab the stroller and get Ava out ok."
"Sure thing," said Nick as he popped open the trunk and got the stroller out and opened it. "You ready to get out Ava and go to Checotah." Nick unbuckled Ava and grabbed her out and put her in the stroller.
"Babe don't forget we need the car seat for Checotah too," said Haylie as she walked back with a cart. "Now lets put our stuff on here and get going."
Just then Nick's phone started to ring and Nick answered it, "Hello. Hey AJ where are ya'll. Ok well we just got here too we're on the 3rd level over by the elevator and there’s a spot next to us if you hurry up. Ok see ya in a few."
"So are they almost here?" asked Haylie.
"Yeah there at level 2 right now," answered Nick. "I actually see them right now."
AJ and Carrie parked right next to Haylie and Nick and got out.
"Hey ya'll," said Carrie.
"Hey," said Haylie. "Why don't you guys just throw your stuff on here and one of the guys can push it for us."
"Ok thanks," said Carrie. "So did you just get here?"
"Yeah pretty much," said Nick. "We've been here long enough to get Ava out of the car seat and get the cart."
"Cool," said AJ. "Well lets hurry up and get going."
They placed all their stuff on the cart and locked up their SUV's and walked to the elevator and got on. Once on the floor to check in and get their bags tagged they got off the elevator.
"So this will be the first time we're both back home since my wedding," said Carrie.
"Oh my gosh it will be," said Haylie as she pushed Ava in her stroller and Nick wrapped his arm around Haylie's waist. "I so can't wait to get home. I love it there."
"Yeah me too," said Carrie. "We're gonna sell the apartment when we get there cause we want a place like yours with a lot of land."
"That apartment is just to small to raise and baby in," said AJ.
"Yeah I know that's why we moved into the house," said Nick. "Now each baby can have their own room."
"Yeah that's so true," said Carrie.
"So did you pick where you want to have the baby?" asked Haylie.
"Yeah I think I have I just hope that we can," said Carrie.
"Where?" asked Haylie.
"Checotah," answered Carrie. "We have an appointment with the doctor's there just to talk to them about having a baby there and living in LA."
"That's cool," said Haylie. "Maybe I should go too and talk to them cause I wanna have the baby back there too."
"Hey baby do you think you can not say much about the baby since the paparazzi is all around," whispered Nick into Haylie's ear. "They love to write stuff on any celeb when they have news like this."
"Yeah sure baby we'll just talk about what we're gonna do for food this year," said Haylie. "Cause we do gotta make something. My daddy and Carrie's daddy are gonna make the turkey's."
"Great cause I've never made a turkey like that," said Nick.
"Well they'll have to teach you then cause you may be making it next year," said Carrie.
"Hey what about your husband can't you make him do the cooking," said Nick.
"Hey I can cook," said AJ. "At least I'm not the one who had BJ do all the cooking."
"Hey I made stuff on the grill you must have missed that part of the show," said Nick.
"Ok, ok boys lets not fight over cooking and having people cook for you," said Haylie. "Lets just check-in and go over to the other side and get something to eat."
"Ok fine baby you win well shut up," said Nick as they walked up to the check-in counter.
"Hi may I help you?" asked the lady behind the counter.
"Yes we have a flight to Oklahoma City today we need to check our stuff in," said Nick.
"Ok and who are the tickets under?" asked the lady.
"Nick Carter," said Nick.
"Ok here they are," said the lady. "There's two adults and a baby?"
"Yes," said Haylie.
"Ok let me just print off the tickets and we'll have those," said the lady. "Now how many bags do you have?"
"Umm let me count," said Nick. "Six and a stroller and car seat."
"Ok you'll need to take your baby out of the stroller and send it with your bags," said the lady. "We'll tag your stuff and send it out for your flight."
"Thanks," said Haylie as she placed the bags on the table next to the lady. "Oh and what gate do we go to?"
"Go to E and your gate 14," said the lady. "Let me get your stuff tagged and give you the other half of the tag and then you can head over and wait for the flight."
"Ok thanks," said Haylie as the lady tagged the bags, car seat, and stroller,
"Your welcome have a great flight," said the lady as she handed Nick the other half of the tag. "Next please. Hi may I help you?"
"Yes two tickets under Carrie McLean please," said Carrie.
"Yes I have them for Oklahoma City for two adults," said the lady.
"Yes those are the ones," said AJ.
"Ok let me just have your bags," said the lady. "How many do you have?"
"Four," said AJ.
"Ok let me tag them and get the other half for you and the tickets," said the lady. "Here you go have a great flight."
"Thanks," said Carrie as she grabbed the tickets and other part of the tag and they all walked off.
"So lets get over to the other side and grab a bite to eat cause I'm starving," said Haylie.
"Yes me too," said Carrie.
"Ok lets go see what they have over there," said AJ.
"How long do we have until the flight?" asked Haylie.
"About 3 hours," answered Nick as Ava started to cry.
"Aww give Ava here," said Haylie as Nick passed Ava to her. "I think she needs mommy. She probably needs a diaper change or a bottle."
"Yeah its usually time for a feeding," said Nick. "Here let me have the diaper bag and when we get to the other side I'll make her a bottle."
"How about we go over to the food place over here and grab some warm water for her," said Haylie. "She seems to not wanting to wait."
"Ok let me go get some," said Nick as he walked over to the counter and got some warm water. "Ok let me get the bottle out and make her some." Nick made the bottle and shook it up and handed it to Haylie.
"Thanks babe," said Haylie as she passed the bottle to Ava. "I think that’s what she wanted."
"Well lets go over to the other side of the airport now," said Carrie. "I so want food or I'll be like Ava." They all laughed as they walked over to the monorail that was taking them to the other side where they would board their flight.
"So we gotta go through the search make sure your ready for that," said Nick.
"Ok," said Haylie. "I'm already for it." They got off the monorail and walked to the metal detectors and placed their bags on the counter to go under the x-ray scanner.
"Please empty all the metal stuff you have into the bucket please," said the security guy.
"Nick can you hold Ava real quick while I empty my pockets," said Haylie as she passed Ava to Nick and emptied her pockets.
"Please step through once your done emptying your pockets," said the security guy.
Haylie walked through and then said, "Ok now let me grab my stuff and then hand me my baby." Haylie grabbed her things and then reached and grabbed Ava.
"Ok now its the rest of us turn and then we can go eat finally," said Nick.
They soon were all through the metal detectors and had all their belongings that they wanted with them. While they walked towards the food area a girl about 12 stopped Nick and AJ and said, "excuse me I don't mean to bother you but can I have your autograph and a picture if you don't mind."
"Sure we don't mind," said Nick.
"We'd love to take a picture," said AJ.
They took the picture and signed the piece of paper the girl had and she said, "thank you so much and have a happy thanksgiving. Oh and Nick your daughter is too cute."
"Thanks I think so too," said Nick.
The girl walked off to her family and they headed on. Haylie then saw a T.G.I. Friday's and stopped and said, "Lets eat there I could go for their steak right now."
"Oooo that does sound good," said Carrie. "I think I might have that too."
"Well lets go sit down and eat cause now all this talk of food is making me hungry," said AJ. They laughed and walked into T.G.I. Friday's and were seated right away.

Chapter End Notes:

I would love any comments left to tell me what you like and don't like about this story. Thanks.