- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Haylie finds out who the man is behind the eyes.
“Nick!,” yelled Brian. “Come one man we need your help,”
That helped Nick snap out of his stair and Carrie grabbed Haylie’s arm and pulled her close.
“I gotta go but it was nice meeting you Haylie,” said Nick. “ I hope to see you around.”
“Yeah me too,” was all that Haylie could say cause she was locked back in his eyes. Those blue eyes she love them so much and had just seen then right then for the first time. Carrie pulled her away again and they walked down the hall and went to the other artist’s dressing rooms and got pictures and autographs with them too. By the time they almost got all the artist autographs and a picture it was time for the show to start and they had to go outside and see the show. They had a blast, but the main thing on Haylie’s mind through the whole show was the man Nick she had met backstage before being pulled away. She didn’t know who he was cause when she was growing up it was mainly country music and country artist that she listened too. She knew a few others outside of country but that was only like the oldies cause of her parents. She knew some others like Hilary Duff and Gwen Stefani but that was only because of watching tv. She had never really paid attention when it came to boy bands she would usually just turn the channel. After the show she decided to go backstage again to see if Nick was still there. Sure enough as she got back there with Carrie he was there with the guys signing autograph’s for fans. Haylie and Carrie just stood to the side watching them.
“Haylie,” said Carrie. “Why are we here?”
“Because I want to see Nick again I just had to,” answered Haylie. “There was just something about those eyes that said a lot.”
“Ok but hurry up I’m kinda wanting to go somewhere for dessert in a few,” said Carrie.
“Ok I will I just gotta tell him he was great tonight,” said Haylie as she stared at him not looking at Carrie talking. Soon they were done signing autographs and all the people surrounding them were gone and they were gonna go back to their dressing room right before they left. Nick’s eyes wondered across the room they were in and saw Haylie’s beautiful eyes. Nick stopped walking towards the dressing room and walked towards Haylie.
Once he was right in front of her he stopped walking and said, “Hey there Haylie.”
“Hey Nick,” Haylie said back. “You did great tonight for someone who doesn’t know who you are.”
“Thanks,” Nick said. “ You’ve never heard of us?”
“Not that I can remember,” replied Haylie. “I grew up listening to just country music and ever now and then some other older type music.”
“Wow, cool.” said Nick.
“Well I just wanted to come and say I liked your show now I’ve kinda gotta go because my friend Carrie here wants to go get dessert,” said Haylie.
“Oh I know some of the best places in town would you mind if I tag along?” asked Nick.
“Its up to Carrie here cause she’s the one wanting to go,” said Haylie looking at Carrie.
“Sure why not,” said Carrie. “And bring your buddies along if you want too.”
“I don’t know if they’ll wanna come but I can ask,” said Nick.
“Ok we’ll wait,” said Haylie.
Nick went back to the dressing room and asked the guys if they wanted to go and get some dessert with Haylie and Carrie. Kevin, Howie, and Brian turned him down cause they were tired and need their rest, but AJ did say he wanted to go.
“Ok come on AJ lets go,” said Nick as they left the room.
“Ok who are these ladies we’re going out with?” asked AJ as they walked out the room.
“Haylie is a girl I ran into going to get a snack from,” answered Nick. “And Carrie is her friend apparently.”
“Ok,” said AJ. “lets go meet them.”
“Ok great,” replied Nick. They finally walked up to the girls that were waiting for them.
“Hey,” said Haylie.
“Hey,” replied Nick. “This is my friend AJ he said he wanted to come along. AJ this is Haylie.” Pointing to Haylie.
“Hi Haylie, nice to meet you,” said AJ as they shook hands.
“And this is Carrie, right?” asked Nick.
“Yes I’m Carrie, nice to meet you AJ,” she said as she shook AJ’s hand and smiled.
“Ok lets go we can take our car if that’s ok with you two,” said Nick.
“That’s totally fine with us since we’re just visiting,” replied Haylie as she smiled and looked into Nick’s eyes again.
They walked to the car and go in. AJ and Carrie set in the last row of the SUV and in the middle seats were Nick and Haylie.
“So where are you both from?” asked Nick.
“Well we’re from Checotah, Oklahoma,” replied Carrie. “It’s a small place but Carrie Underwood is from there.”
“Oh cool I like her music,” said AJ. “She’s really talented.”
“Yeah she is,” said Carrie. “She is very sweet we went to school with her for about three years before she graduated school and did American Idol.”
“Cool,” said AJ.
“Yeah,” said Carrie.
“Well where is this place we’re going?” asked Haylie looking at Nick.
“The Little Pie Company,” replied Nick.
“Oh I love that place,” said AJ. “ They have the best carrot cake there.”
“Great I love carrot cake,” said Haylie. “I make it every now and then when I want to. I have a family recipe for it that is so good.”
“Yes it is I love it,” said Carrie. “She makes it the best I’ve ever had.”
“You’ll have to make it for us sometime,” said Nick.
“Ok if ya’ll ever come to Checotah I will,” said Haylie.
They finally arrived at the Little Pie Company and got out of the car and walked in and they all ordered the applesauce carrot cake. They had a fun time talking to each other and getting to know each and every single one of them. They soon closed the place down. They had had a great time and didn’t want to leave but they had too. Soon they returned to the car and got in. They soon were on their way somewhere else.
“Where do you wanna go now,” asked Nick.
“Well we don’t really care cause we don’t have a certain time when we gotta be back to the hotel,” said Haylie.
AJ and Carrie were hitting it off great. They were laughing and carrying on. So we decided that we’d hit time square for a few and walk around then head back to our hotel. So we had the driver drop us off at Central Park and he could go back to the hotel or where ever it is that he goes. So we walked around Central Park talking and just carrying on about everything and anything.
“So how long have you been in New York City,” asked Nick.
“Almost 2 weeks we leave in 2 days to go back home,” answered Haylie.
“Oh ok,” said Nick. “Well we just got in about a week ago so we could go to interviews and all that kind of stuff.”
“Cool,” said Haylie.
“Yeah,” said Nick. “Tomorrow we do Regis and Kelly. I always have fun on that show.”
“Oh I love that show,” said Haylie. “We were there two days after we got in. We saw Jon Heder, Katherine Heigl, and Hilary Duff there and met Katherine and Hilary who we’re both fans of.”
“Oh cool,” said Nick. “I love Grey’s Anatomy.”
“Oh wow I do too,” said Haylie. “We never miss an episode.”
“Oh cool,” said Nick. “I don’t get to watch tv that much at night cause of the shows we put on but when I do I like watching it.”
They walked on and talked about more stuff. They all soon had walked around the whole park and wanted to go walking down Broadway. They started off and as they did they were stopped by two fans asking them for an autograph and picture. Oh course the guys didn’t turn the little girls down. They took the picture and gave them an autograph and were off. Soon they had were standing in front of the Hershey’s store in Time Square. They walked inside and went looking around.
“Oh my gosh I love this place,” said Carrie. “It smells so good. I love the smell of chocolate and seeing it too.”
“Well pick out whatever type you’d like and I’ll get it for you,” said AJ as they walked around.
“Are you sure cause I can surely pay for my own chocolate.” replied Carrie as she looked at AJ.
“I’m sure I wouldn’t have offered if I wasn’t,” responded AJ.
“Ok then I’ll get two bags of my favorites,” replied Carrie as she grabbed a bag of reeses and hugs. “Thanks AJ.”
“Your welcome Carrie,” said AJ as he looked into her eyes and then turned to walk over to Haylie and Nick.
“Hey ya’ll,” said Haylie as Carrie and AJ approached them.
“Hey,” said Carrie holding two bags of candy.
“You think you have enough candy there,” said Haylie with a laugh.
“Yeah I think I do now,” responded Carrie.
“Well I’m gonna grab some too let me go get a bucket of assorted candy and then I’ll be ready to check out,” said Haylie as she walked over to grab a bucket and fell it up with candy coming down the shoot.
Nick walked over to her and asked, “Can I buy that for you?”
“I got it,” answered Haylie.
“You sure cause I really can buy it for you,” said Nick.
“Yeah I’m sure, but thanks anyway,” responded Haylie. They walked to the check-out line and paid for their candy. Once they left they walked down the street more. They soon arrived in front of the Toys ‘R’ Us the girls had gone to back on their first big day in the city. They walked in and went straight to the ferris wheel and rode it. AJ and Carrie in one and Nick and Haylie in another. They had a lot of fun and when they were done they walked up to the third floor and Haylie walked into the Barbie area and walked up to the forth floor and saw all the beautiful Barbie’s.
“I love this place,” said Haylie as Nick walked up behind her.
“Why are we here?” asked Nick.
“Because this type of place reminds me of my mom back home,” answered Haylie. “She collects Barbie’s and I’d love to get her one I just didn’t when I was here the other day.”
“Oh ok,” said Nick. “So which one are you gonna get?”
“This one right here,” Haylie said as she pointed to Barbie as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.
“oh that’s cool,” said Nick as she grabbed the Barbie and headed downstairs to pay for it.
“Lets go pay for it then we can go, ok,” said Haylie as they walked down to the second floor to pay and meet up with AJ and Carrie who were over in the game section.
They paid and met up with them then walked down to Build-a-bear which was off of 46th street. Haylie wanted to find it cause she had always heard of it and wanted to always make a bear there and so did Carrie. They finally got there and it was closed so they decided that they would come back tomorrow. It was almost midnight now and Carrie and Haylie were getting tired and wanted to go back to their hotel.
As Haylie yawned Nick said, “looks like someone is getting tired where are you both staying maybe we can walk over there with you?”
“The Hilton Hotel in Manhattan,” responded Haylie.
“Ok I know where that is stayed there many of times with the guys,” said Nick. “Lets go.” they soon got to the hotel and walked in and up to the room with the boys to say good night.
“I had a fun time,” said Carrie as she looked at AJ. “Thanks again for the candy.”
“No problem,” said AJ. “I had fun too.”
“Lets do this again sometime soon,” said Nick.
“Yeah sure,” said Haylie. “I’d love too.”
“Here’s my number,” said AJ as he gave Carrie a piece of paper with his number on it. “Call me sometime.”
“I’ll have to do that,” said Carrie. “And here’s mine just in case your in Checotah for some reason or near by in like Oklahoma City.” She gave him a piece of paper with her number on it. They both had an amazing night and couldn’t believe they had met guts like them in New York City of all places.
“Here’s my number so you can call me next time your in town,” said Nick as he handed her a piece of paper.
“Thanks, here’s mine,” said Haylie as she passed him a piece of paper. They got lost again in each others eyes as they smiled and touched hands. Before they knew it their faces were getting closer and closer to each others. Nick leaned in and so did Haylie and without expecting it they kissed. It lasted for a minute then they backed away and said goodnight and goodbye and that they’d call them later. Haylie and Carrie walked into the hotel room and shut the door. Haylie walked over and fell on the bed.
“Oh my gosh,” said Carrie. “Look at who you just kissed.”
“I know,” squealed Haylie. “I can’t believe it happened. And to think we met just by running into each other backstage.”
“I know,” replied Carrie. “Wow your so lucky you have a famous guy falling for you.”
“I can’t believe it,” was all Haylie said as she walked into the bathroom and got ready for bed.

The next day they were going to go to Build-A-Bear just like they said they were, but while they were leaving the hotel Haylie’s cell phone rang.
“Hello,” Haylie said as she answered her phone.
“Hey,” said Nick. “Its Nick.”
“Hey,” Haylie said. “How are you?”
“Great, you?” asked Nick.
“Good,” answered Haylie. “We’re just about to get on the subway to go over to Build-A-Bear and make a bear.”
“Cool,” said Nick. “Mind if AJ and I come join you?”
“No I don’t think we mind,” said Haylie.
“Ok great we’ll meet you there,” said Nick. “We’re leaving right now.”
“Great I’ll see you when you get there,” responded Haylie.
“Ok see ya,” ended Nick as he closed his phone and so did Haylie.
“Who was that?” asked Carrie.
“Oh just Nick,” answered Haylie.
“What did he want?” asked Carrie.
“Oh just to see what we were doing,” replied Haylie.
“Oh ok,” said Carrie.
“Him and AJ are gonna meet up with us when we get to Build-A-Bear,” said Haylie.
“Oh great it sounds like fun,” said Carrie.
They walked down to the subway station a block from their hotel and got onto the subway. Once on they decided where they were gonna get off and how to get to Build-A-Bear. They finally got there about 30 minutes later. They exited the subway station and walked down the street to Build-A-Bear. As they got almost to the entrance they could see the guys waiting for them with baseball caps on and sunglasses.
They walked up to them and Haylie spoke first, “Hey there boys.”
“Hey Carrie, hey Haylie,” said AJ.
“Hey,” said Carrie.
“Hey girls,” said Nick.
They soon walked into the store and the girls went straight to the bears.
“I know I know, I’m 21 but I’ve always wanted a Build-A-Bear,” said Haylie turning to Nick. Haylie grabbed the 20 in. Maple Teddy bear and walked over to the stuffing machine where the lady made her make a wish on a heart and spin around and kiss the heart. Nick grabbed a heart and kissed it too and threw it in with hers. Carrie grabbed the 16 in. Champ - A Champion Fur Kids bear and did the same as Haylie and AJ kissed a heart and put it in hers just like Nick did with Haylie. They soon had their bears stuffed and were on their way to the clothing section where they could dress their bears. They got there and Haylie picked out a cute simple t-shirt that said I love (with a heart) NY and a cute simple pair of jean shorts and a black pair of their version of converse. Carrie picked out a cute girly NY shirt and a cute denim skirt and a cute pair of sandals. They soon went over to name the bears. They scanned the barcode strips on both of the computers and started typing in their info.
“Nick what do you think I should name her,” asked Haylie as she looked to her left to see Nick sitting there.
“How about Maple cause of the color of her fur,” answered Nick.
“Ok,” said Haylie. “I’ll name her Maple.”
“And I’m gonna name mine Patches,” said Carrie sitting to the right of Haylie with AJ on her right.
They soon finished the info and went and printed it out and checked-out. They guys of course offered but like always the girls refused and told them next time they would pick up the tab. They laughed and walked out the store. The day flew by really fast and soon it was time for them to go get ready to go back home in a day. The next day they just walked around and saw the sites again and had fun cause they new at 9 the next morning they’d be leaving for the airport with all their stuff. They had to buy boxes to help take all their stuff home with them so they found a place that sold boxes. That night they packed all their stuff up and taped up the boxes. They then got ready for bed and soon fell fast asleep. The next day came so fast and before the girls knew it they were getting in a cab and going to the airport. Once there Haylie just had to call Nick. So she picked up her cell phone and found his name and called him. The phone kept on ringing and ringing until finally after the 5th ring he finally picked up.
“Hello,” said a sleepy Nick.
“Oh sorry did I wake you up?” asked Haylie embarrassed.
“Yeah but its ok your allowed to wake me up,” responded Nick. “You’re the only one who’s allowed to wake me up and get away with it.”
“Oh why thanks,” Haylie said as she blushed. “So we’re getting ready to board our flight. We checked our stuff in already and are just waiting for them to call our plane. While waiting I just had to call you.”
“Oh, I’m so glad you did,” said Nick smiling. “I love hearing your voice.”
“Thanks,” Haylie said embarrassed and smiling. Just then their plane was called for boarding. “Well I gotta go my plane’s been called and I’m on my way home. I had a real fun time these past few days. Thanks for showing us around and taking us to all those great places to eat.”
“Your so welcome and thanks for keeping us company while we we’re here in New York City,” said Nick. “Well I don’t want you to miss your plane I’ll talk to you later ok. Bye”
“Ok,” said Haylie “Bye.” They both hung up the phone and she turned to Carrie. “You ready to go board the plane back home?”
“No I’m not ready but lets go cause we got to,” said Carrie as they boarded and took their seats.
“I so am going to miss New York,” said Haylie as she looked out the window. “I mean look at all the things that happened to us here. I mean look who we became friends with and who I kissed. I actually kissed him.” Haylie was looking at Carrie and just shocked.
“I know you kissed Nick,” said Carrie. “But look who I hung out with, his friend AJ. What a guy he was so sweet I can’t believe it. I so can’t wait to tell everyone about today.”
Soon the plane took off and they were on their way back home. On the trip they read, slept, and listened to their Ipods.