- Text Size +

The next morning they woke up and both Carrie and Haylie had doctor appointments so they all decided to go together and have Haylie's mom watch Ava. Haylie and Nick had their doctor's appointment before AJ and Carrie's.
"Mrs. Haylie Carter," said the nurse as she called the name.
Nick and Haylie stood up and Haylie said, "here."
"Please follow me this way," said the nurse.
"Ok," said Nick as they followed the nurse into a room.
The nurse then went back out to the waiting room and said, "Mrs. Carrie McLean."
"Here," said Carrie as her and AJ stood up.
"Follow me this way," said the nurse as she took them to the room next to Nick and Haylie's.
"The doctor will be right with you," said the nurse.
"Ok thanks," said AJ as they sat down.
Meanwhile over in Haylie and Nick's room the doctor was walking in.
"Hi I'm Dr. Adams and I'll be your doctor," said Dr. Adams.
"Hi I'm Haylie and this is Nick Carter," said Haylie
"Well lets get started I see your record right here shows you both already have an eleven month old daughter," said Dr. Adams. "What's her name?"
"Ava Riley Carter," said Nick. "She's with Haylie's mom right now."
"Ok well it also says your about 6 weeks pregnant," said Dr. Adams.
"Yes ma'am," replied Haylie.
"Well lets take a look at the baby right now," said Dr. Adams. "You go into the room right there and I'll be right back."
"Ok," said Haylie as Dr. Adams walked out the room.
Dr. Adams then walked next door and said, "hi I'm Dr. Adams and you are?"
"I'm Carrie and this is AJ McLean," said Carrie.
"Well I'll be your doctor here in Checotah and I hear your 8 weeks along is that right?" asked Dr. Adams.
"Yes that's true," answered Carrie.
"Ok well lets go into that room right there and check out the baby," said Dr. Adams. "You go in there and get ready and I'll be right back to look at the baby."
"Ok," said Carrie as Dr. Adams walked out the room and back into Haylie and Nick's room.
"Haylie you ready to see that baby of yours?" asked Dr. Adams.
"Yes ma'am lets see it," answered Haylie.
"Oh here we go," said Dr. Adams as she put the cold gel on Haylie's stomach. "Ok lets turn on the screen and see this baby."
The screen came on and they all looked at the screen and Dr. Adams said, "right there that is the baby. I know you can't really see it but within a month you'll be able to see it more and in about a month and a half we can tell you if your having a boy or a girl."
"Great," said Nick.
"I think that’s all we are going to do today so lets get you cleaned up and then you can get dress and I'll be right back with you," said Dr. Adams as she cleaned Haylie up and walked back over to AJ and Carrie's room. "Lets see a baby today."
"Great," said Carrie as she looked at AJ.
"Ok lets get started," said Dr. Adams as she placed the cold gel on Carrie. "Lets turn on the screen and see your baby."
The screen came on and Dr. Adams looked closer and said, "I looks like we have two here kids."
"What?" said Carrie shocked. "Two."
"Yes ma'am we have twins here," said Dr. Adams. "Wanna hear their heartbeats?"
"Yeah sure," said AJ shocked.
"Ok," said Dr. Adams. "You hear that?" The babies hearts were beating loud and clear. "That’s the babies heart beat. I think you have two healthy babies here. Now lets get you cleaned up and then you can get dress and then I'll be back."
"Ok thanks doctor," said Carrie as Dr. Adams walked out the door.
"Well here's the sonogram of your baby," said Dr. Adams as she walked into the room where Haylie and Nick were.
"Thanks," said Haylie as she took the picture.
"You both need to be back in a month and a half either here or your doctor in LA," said Dr. Adams. "And please have your doctor send the stuff here and I'll do the same with her them."
"Ok I'll do it as soon as I get there I have then send you the info they have on this baby," said Haylie as she got up and left with Nick.
"Have a great one and see you both again hopefully," said Dr. Adams as she walked out with Nick and Haylie and walked into Carrie and AJ's room. "We'll here's your sonogram of the twins."
"Thanks," said AJ.
"All I need now is for you both to come back in a month a we'll be able to tell if your having girls or boys if you want to know," said Dr. Adams "Oh and please have your doctor send me all the info she or he has on the babies so far. And if you can't make it back here in a month go to the doctors out there and have them send me the info."
"Well do that," said Carrie. "Thank you so much and we'll try to get back here for the appointment."
"Ok have a great day," said Dr. Adams.
"You too," said Carrie as they walked out.

Once out of the doctors office Haylie and Nick met up with Carrie and AJ at the cars.
"So how'd everything go?" asked Haylie.
"Great," said Carrie. "How about you?"
"Great too," said Haylie.
"We actually have some news," said AJ.
"Oh really," said Nick.
"Yeah," said Carrie. "We're gonna have twins."
"Oh my gosh you are," said Haylie. "Congratulations girl."
"Thanks," said Carrie smiling.
"You both are going to have your hands full with them both," said Nick.
"Hey you are too," said AJ. "You've got one kid going on 1 and another one on the way."
"True, but at least we have experience with a baby," said Nick.
"Yeah that’s so true," said AJ
"Hey lets go get a bite to eat and then we can go buy some food for tomorrow," said Haylie.
"Yeah and then me and Carrie can go looking at houses afterwards cause we need to soon," said AJ.
"Yeah we so do," said Carrie as they got into Haylie's mustang they had been using while in Checotah.
"Oh my gosh I love this song," said Haylie as she put the top down and turned up the radio.
Haylie and Carrie sang along to the song.
"That’s what we’re told
I treated this one like an old honky tonk
Greasy cheeseburgers
And cheap cigarettes
One day they’ll get me if they ain’t got me yet, 'cause

I’ve been livin' in fast forward
Hillbilly rockstar out of control
I’ve been livin' in fast forward
Now I need to rewind real slow
My friends all grew up
and they settled down
Nice little houses on the outskirts o’ town
They work in their office
And drive SUVs
They pray for their babies
And they worry ‘bout me
I’ve been livin' in fast forward
Hillbilly rockstar out of control
I’ve been livin' in fast forward
Now I need to rewind real slow

I’m always runnin’, son-of-a-gunnin’
I’ve had a good time, it’s true
But the way I been goin’
It’s time that I tone it down just a notch or two

Oh yeah…

I’ve been livin' in fast forward
Hillbilly rockstar out of control
I’ve been livin' in fast forward
Now I need to rewind real slow
I’ve been livin' in fast forward
Hillbilly rockstar out of control
I’ve been livin' in fast forward
Now I need to rewind real slow

Yeah I need to rewind real slow…
Yeah I still got some miles to go…"
They laughed as the song ended and Haylie said, "I so love that song."
"Yeah me too," said Carrie. "I'd love to see him live."
"Oh my gosh me too," said Haylie.
"I love his album a lot," said Carrie.
"Me too," said Haylie. "My favorite song off that album is 'Beer In Mexico'"
"Mine too," said Carrie. "But my all time favorite song by Kenny is 'Big Star'"
"I like that song but not as much as 'She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy'," said Haylie.
"Ooooo and I so love that one song oh what's it called," joked Nick as they all laughed.
"Real funny Mr. Carter," said Haylie.
"Oh yeah Mrs. Carter I'll show you funny," said Nick as he started tickling Haylie while at the stop light.
"Stop it I gotta drive baby," said Haylie as she laughed and Nick stopped.
They drove up to the restaurant and parked out front then got out.
"So lets go eat please now," said Carrie. "I'm a bit hungry."
"Yeah me too," said AJ as they walked into the restaurant.
"Hi how many?" asked he host.
"Four," said Nick.
"Right this way," said the host as she grabbed four menu's and walk towards an empty table. "Here's your table and your waitress will be right with you."
"Thank you," said Haylie as they sat down.
"Hi may I get you a drink to start off with," said the waitress grabbing her notepad out of her apron and not looking at the people at the table.
"Yes I'd like a Dr. Pepper," said Haylie as the waitress looked up.
"Haylie?" asked the waitress shocked to see her. "Carrie?"
"Oh my gosh Jen," said Haylie as they got up from her seat and gave her a hug. "How are you?"
"I'm great just working here for extra money while on break from school," said Jen. "How are you both?"
"Great," said Carrie. "Just back in town for Thanksgiving with our husbands."
"Oh your both married now?" said Jen. "How long?"
"I've been married about a year and seven months," said Haylie.
"And I've been married about a year and four months," said Carrie.
"Wow," said Jen. "Who's the lucky guys?"
"Well we met them in New York while we were on vacation there," said Haylie. "And I ran into my husband backstage at a concert there. And we've been together ever since. And Carrie's husband is my one of my husband's best friends."
"Oh really that's so awesome," said Jen.
"Yeah it is," said Carrie. "And you can meet them too. This is my husband AJ."
"And this is my husband," said Haylie. "Nick."
"Hi nice to meet you," said Nick as he shook Jen's hand. "We don't get to meet a lot of the girls friends since we live in LA and all."
"Yeah its great to meet you," said AJ as he shook Jen's hand.
"You both look familiar for some reason," said Jen.
"Yeah we get that a lot," said AJ.
"Oh I forgot to say our new last names," said Carrie.
"Yeah I'm now Haylie Carter and Carrie over here is now Carrie McLean," said Haylie.
"Oh my gosh that's were I know them from their from that group," said Jen.
"Yeah they are but don't go around telling everyone cause I don't want it to be such a big thing and all having us living here and in LA," said Haylie.
"I won't say anything but everyone will soon know they'll see you and it will spread around town," said Jen.
"Yeah I know but still," said Carrie.
"Oh and I forgot to tell you," said Haylie. "I have a little girl now."
"Oh you do," said Jen.
"Yeah Ava Riley but she's at my parent's house right now cause we had to go somewhere this afternoon," said Haylie. "Where gonna go get her after we go get food for tomorrow and drop Carrie and AJ off at their place."
"Oh you so gotta bring her by I so want to see her," said Jen.
"I have a picture in my purse let me get it," said Haylie as she walked over and grabbed a stack of papers out of her purse. "I've got so much junk in my purse."
"I know I do too," said Jen.
Haylie kept looking and dropped a few papers and pictures while looking and Jen bent down and grabbed them. As she picked them up she saw the sonogram from the doctors appointment earlier.
"Oh my gosh Haylie," said Jen.
"Opps I didn't mean to drop that one," said Haylie.
"Are you pregnant?" asked Jen.
"Well yeah but no one knows since I was waiting until tomorrow at dinner to say something," said Haylie. "The only people who know are the guys and one of theirs wife and my parents."
"Oh my gosh congratulations Haylie," said Jen as she hugged her.
"Thanks but don't say anything please," said Haylie.
"I won't," said Jen.

They finished lunch and went to the store and got food for Thanksgiving. Once they finished their they went to AJ and Carrie's place and dropped them off. AJ and Carrie then got into Carrie's car and headed out to search for their new home. Meanwhile they were searching for a home, Nick and Haylie were going to pick up their baby. They arrived at Haylie's parent's house and picked up Ava and told them they'd see them tomorrow and grabbed the car seat out of Haylie's mom's car and placed it in her mustang. When they left they decided to go by the restaurant again to show Jen Ava because they were driving by there on their way home anyway. They parked outside and walked in.
"Hi three?" asked the host.
"No I'm here for Jen," said Haylie. "Can you get her for me?"
"Sure one second," said the host as she went to get Jen.
A few minutes later the host returned with Jen. Jen saw Haylie and Ava and said, "awww she's adorable. She looks just like both of you."
"Thanks," said Haylie. "She's a big daddy's girl."
"I bet see seems so sweet," said Jen. "Can I hold her?"
"Sure," said Haylie as she passed Jen Ava. "She's so sweet but when she gets upset I just hand her over to her daddy and she gets all happy again."
"Aww that’s so sweet," said Jen. "She is way too cute. How old is she?"
"She's 11 months," said Haylie.
"Aww so she'll be one soon," said Jen.
"Yeah she was actually suppose to be born in February but while we were on tour with the guys I went into early labor and had her a month and a half early," said Haylie.
"Wow she doesn't look like she was born early at all," said Jen.
"Yeah I know she was born healthy and with no problems," said Haylie. "Nick and I were so happy she was perfected."
"Your so lucky to have a life like this," said Jen. "I wish I could met a guy like you and Carrie met and have a family like you have."
"Well you'll get your chance sooner then later," said Haylie. "Love will catch you off guard trust me it did with me. That night I ran into Nick I didn't even know who he was. I won tickets to the concert through MTV and backstage passes too. It was right before the show was to start. I was with Carrie and walking to go outside to the seats when all of a sudden Nick runs into me. I just saw his eyes and then was cute off by Brian. During the show I could look anywhere else but at him on stage during his show. I went backstage again after the show ended and found him and just stood on the side until he noticed me. We then went out for dessert and that's when Carrie met AJ."
"Aww that sounds sweet," said Jen. "It seems like you really had love at first sight."
"Yeah I guess you could say that," said Haylie. "Well I guess we gotta get going home and get the house setup for Thanksgiving tomorrow. It was great seeing you and I'd love to see you again before I leave. Keep in touch here's my number. I'd love to hear from you again."
"Ok thanks," said Jen as she took Haylie's number and gave her her's. "Here's mine so you can call me whenever too. It was so great seeing you and meeting you Nick and seeing your baby girl. Can't wait to see the new one."
"It was nice meeting you too," said Nick.
"I'll talk to you later and I'll try to see you before I leave," said Haylie as she hugged Jen and took Ava. "Bye."
"Bye," said Jen as Haylie, Nick, and Ava walked out the door and went home.

Later that night after they put Ava to bed Haylie was watching ‘Failure To Launch’ on the couch and Nick walked in.

“She’s asleep finally,” said Nick.

“Great,” replied Haylie. “Wanna watch the movie with me?”

“Yeah I’d love to watch it,” said Nick.

“Just to warn you its girlie,” said Haylie.

“I don’t care,” said Nick. “I just wanna be next to my baby that’s all.”

“Aww I love you,” said Haylie as Nick sat down next to her and kissed her.

“I love you too,” said Nick as they continued to kiss.

They soon broke apart and Haylie laid her head on Nick’s shoulder and watched the movie with a blanket covering both of them. Before the end of the movie came they both had fallen asleep together on the couch.

The next morning they got up when they heard Ava crying and ran into her room.

“What’s the matter baby?” asked Nick.

“Its ok mommy and daddy are here now,” said Haylie. “Will you change her while I make a bottle please?”

“Yeah sure,” said Nick as he picked Ava up and changed her and Haylie went to get a bottle.

Haylie walked back into the room with the warm fresh bottle she had just made.

“Here’s her bottle,” said Haylie. “Wanna bring her into the living room so I can give her the bottle.”

“Ok lets go in there and then I’ll make something to eat,” said Nick as they walked out of Ava’s room and into the living room.

As they walked into the living room Nick passed Ava to Haylie and Haylie sat on the couch.

“Here you go Ava,” said Haylie as she passed the bottle to Ava who took it and drank the whole bottle within minutes. “Man was she hungry.”

“Yeah she must have been,” said Nick. “Speaking of hungry what are you in the mood for baby?”

“Umm lets see,” replied Haylie. “How about French toast and bacon.”

“That sounds good I’ll make it now,” responded Nick as he walked to the refrigerator.

“So you up for telling the whole family today about the baby at the dinner?” asked Haylie.

“Yeah if your up to it,” answered Nick.

“Yeah lets do it and then we can get over with it and then let the rest of the world know cause they’ll wanna know,” replied Haylie.

“Yeah I know we can’t hide it forever I mean your not gonna stay this small for long,” replied Nick as he wrapped his arms around Haylie’s waist.

“Hey watch it,” said Haylie as she turned around in Nick’s arms and smacked him on the shoulder. “Its as much my fault as it is your that I won’t be this small for long mister.”

“I’m not blaming anyone,” responded Nick. “Its just that we can’t hide it from the public for long.”

“Yeah I know,” said Haylie. “Why don’t we just get it over with and tell everyone next month.”

“Yeah that sounds good,” said Nick as he gave Haylie a kiss. “Now let me get back to making us breakfast.”

“Sounds good,” responded Haylie as she gave Nick one last kiss and then walked back to Ava. “Hey princess you ready to meet all your relatives today?”

Ava just looked at Haylie and smiled.

“I love your beautiful smile,” said Haylie as she picked Ava up and gave her a kiss on the cheek. “Lets go in the kitchen and watch daddy cook.”

They walked into the kitchen to see Nick scrambling the eggs and putting cinnamon into the eggs and placing bacon onto a plate and then into the microwave.

“You need any help honey?” asked Haylie as she placed Ava into her hi-chair.

“Nope,” replied Nick. “Got it all under control here, but thanks for askin’.”

“Anytime,” said Haylie. “This is gonna be fun today seeing all my family and Carrie’s family all over here.”

“Yeah it is gonna be fun,” said Nick as he finished up making the bacon and French toast.

“Smells good baby,” said Haylie.

“Thanks,” replied Nick. “Now lets get a hungry momma and daddy fed.” They both laughed and sat down with there food.

Later on that day they were getting ready for the families to come over. They had tables all over the field. The food would be inside and they could bring it outside to eat once they got what they wanted so the animals outside couldn’t get to the food. Ava still hadn’t gotten ready and needed to be dressed. She was playing with her toys and her feet while laying on the ground in the living room.

“Nick will you grab Ava and bring her here so I can get her dressed for tonight?” asked Haylie.

“Yeah sure be right there with her,” answered Nick as he picked Ava up and made her laugh. “Lets go to mommy and get dressed.”

“Thanks Nick,” said Haylie as she kissed Nick then Ava. “Now lets get this girl dressed and ready because my family should be arriving any minute now.”

“Ok,” said Nick as the door bell rang. “I’ll go get it be right back.” Nick then walked out of Ava’s room and to the door to see AJ and Carrie standing there. “Hey.”

“Hey there,” said Carrie.

“Hey man,” said AJ. “So where’s the better half and Ava?

"Just in Ava's room getting her ready," answered Nick.
"well I'm gonna go and find them," said Carrie as she walked in the house and into Ava's room. "Hey momma."
"Hey Carrie," said Haylie as she looked up from dressing Ava. "So has anyone else arrived yet?"
"Not that I know of we just got in and no one was here but ya'll," said Carrie as AJ and Nick walked in the room.
"Hey Haylie," said AJ.
"Hey," said Haylie.
"How are you?" asked AJ.
"Great," answered Haylie. "Just worn out with this little one. I don't know how I'm gonna be able to do this with two babies. I don't know how you both can do it with twins. I'm glad I'm not having twins."
"Hey but I'm the one having to carry twins," replied Carrie.
"I know but don’t forget I've already had a baby and I know how it feels," said Haylie.
They continued to talk as Haylie finished getting Ava ready. Once done they walked downstairs to only have the door bell ring.
"I'll get it," said Haylie as she held Ava and walked to the door.
As Haylie opened the door her mom was there with her dad and Carrie's parents.
"Mom," said Haylie as she hugged her. "Hey ya'll come on in."
"Hey baby," said Annie. "How are you?"
"Great just a little tired from playing with Ava too much," said Haylie. "How are ya'll?"
"Great," said Jim.
"Hey girl long time no see," said Carrie's mom Jessica.
"I know I haven't seen you since the wedding," said Haylie.
"Wow that’s been forever ago," said Carrie's dad Sam.
"Yeah I know cause my baby girl Ava is almost a year old," said Haylie. "We've just been so busy with the guys Nick and I barely have time alone together. We have to have Brian and his wife Leighanne baby-sit to get alone time."
"Well if you ever need alone time just call us up and well watch her," said Jessica.
“Thanks I’ll do that next time me and Nick want a night alone without the kids,” said Haylie.

“Kids?” said Sam with a questioned look on his face. “I thought you just had Ava.”

Just then Haylie realized what she had said and covered her mouth and turned to Nick.

“Oh my gosh did I just say that?” asked Haylie shocked at what she had said.

“That’s what I heard,” said Jessica.

“Well umm since everyone here knows but you two I guess I’ll tell you,” said Haylie as she passed Ava to Nick. “We’re gonna have another baby.”

“Oh my gosh congratulations baby,” said Jessica as she hugged Haylie and Nick. “When’s this one due?”

“Sometime in June,” replied Haylie.

“That’s great to hear,” said Sam as he hugged Haylie.

“I know I so can’t wait,” said Annie. “I’ll be a grandmother again. I can’t wait for that.”

Haylie walked over to Annie and placed her arm around her and walked into the house more with her.

“I love ya mom,” said Haylie. “And the baby will be here before you know it. Trust me Ava came way before she was suppose to and look at her now. She’s big and healthy and smart too.”

“I know I just can’t wait,” replied Annie.

The day went on and more family members from both families came and those who hadn’t met Nick and AJ met them that day.

Soon dinner was ready to be served and everyone fit into the huge living room at Nick and Haylie’s. They all grabbed hands and said grace. Everyone said ‘amen’ then broke to eat. Once everyone was seated and eating Haylie stood up with Carrie next to her.

“Can I have everyone’s attention please,” shouted Haylie as everyone looked at her. “Myself and Carrie here have two big announcements to make today since our family is all here together.”

“Yes we do,” said Carrie as she looked from Haylie to AJ and then back to Haylie and smiled. “We just wanted to tell you all that.” Carrie paused and then continued, “we’re pregnant.”

Everyone looked at them and smiled and cheered them and one by one they got hugs and congratulations.

“Oh and the best part,” said Haylie as she looked at Carrie as the families quieted down again.

“I’m having twins,” yelled Carrie with the biggest smile on her face. Everyone one again congratulated them.

The night went on and one by one everyone was leaving. It was still early and like half of the family was still at Nick and Haylie’s. They stay as long as they wanted. But before the night was over AJ and Carrie were asleep in the guest room and Ava was in her room asleep too.

The night finally ended around 9 that night and Nick and Haylie cleaned up then went to bed themselves. Haylie was so worn out from the whole day that all she wanted was to be in Nick’s arms and in bed asleep.

The next morning they woke up just like they had gone to bed in each others arms. The only difference was that they smelled food being cooked and heard Ava laughing. They both looked at each other.

“Are AJ and Carrie still here?” asked Nick.

“I guess so,” replied Haylie. “Seems like they have everything under control and well make great parents.”

“Yeah it seems like they will,” responded Nick as he kissed Haylie. “I’m hungry so I’m gonna go in there and get some food from whoever’s cooking.”

“Me too babe,” said Haylie as she got up and followed Nick out the door. “Mornin’ guys.”

“Morning,” said Carrie with a smile on her face as she made breakfast. “Hope you don’t mind but I made breakfast.”

“Its ok we actually came in to get some of your food,” replied Nick. “What we having?”

“Scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast,” said Carrie.

“Sounds great,” said Haylie as she looked at the food. “I’m so hungry.”

“When did Ava wake up?” asked Nick as he looked at AJ playing with Ava.

“About half an hour to an hour ago,” replied AJ.

“You could have woken us up if you wanted to,” said Haylie. “You didn’t have to make breakfast and watch our baby for us too.”

“It’s fine we wanted to let you sleep in,” said AJ. “You two haven’t gotten too much sleep with having an eleventh month old here.”

“Yeah that’s true thanks for thinking of us AJ,” said Haylie. “Your gonna love when someone watches your kids for a night trust me. You’ll want that alone time again when you get really stressed out at points.”

“Yeah but then we know there’s you for some of those moments since we have helped with Ava,” said Carrie as she plated breakfast and placed it in the dinning room on the table.

They at breakfast then AJ and Carrie went out and signed the papers on a Victorian house similar to Nick and Haylie’s but with a few extra rooms. They would be able to move in at the end of the signing just in time to get the place ready for the twins.

Chapter End Notes:
Please post comments I'd apprecate that a lot