- Text Size +

They arrived in Tampa that night everyone was on their own bus with their husbands and Haylie and Leighanne with their kids.

“Baby we’re here,” said Nick as he walked into the back room of the tour bus with Ava in his arms sound asleep.

“Ok thanks,” said Haylie as she stretched and got out of the bed in one of Nick’s shirts. “What time is it?”

“Almost 5:30,” answered Nick. “We’re just gonna stay on the bus tonight since there’s no reason to get a hotel this late.”

“Ok I’m gonna grab a drink,” replied Haylie.

“Ok I’m gonna go put Ava into her crib then join you out here babe,” said Nick as he walked into the bed room.

Nick placed Ava in her crib then walked out and saw Haylie on the couch curled up with a water in her hand and listening to the radio.

“What ya doin’ babe?” asked Nick.

“Just listening to the radio station I found here,” answered Haylie.

“What’s on?” asked Nick again.

“Oh just a new Brad Paisley song,” replied Haylie as Nick sat next to her and brought her close to him and scooted her onto his lap.

Nick starts listening to the song and said, “he’s got the right idea I think.”

Haylie heard what Nick had just said and turned to him and said, “hey watch it or I’ll have to search you for ticks.”

“Oh well I’ll let you just not here,” said Nick. “You never know who might just come through the door.” Just then they heard a knock at the door.

“I’ll get it,” said Haylie as she got up and walked to the door and opened it. Carrie was standing there crying, “Carrie what’s the matter.”

“Haylie can you come out here so we can go for a walk and talk?” asked Carrie still crying.

“Yeah let me go put on some shorts and I’ll be right back,” said Haylie as she ran back in and got her shorts on. “I’ll be right back babe Carrie’s outside crying and wants to go for a walk and talk.”

“Ok,” said Nick. “I hope nothings wrong.”

“Yeah me too,” said Haylie. “Love ya. Be back in a few. “ Haylie leaned down and kissed Nick and then walked out the door. “Ready?”

“Yeah I guess,” answered Carrie.

“So what’s up girl?” asked Haylie.

“Haylie I had this dream tonight and it just scared me so much because I’m afraid it might happen,” answered Carrie while crying.

“What Carrie?” asked Haylie placing her hand on Carrie’s shoulder. “What are you afraid is going to happen?”

“That there’s gonna be something wrong with the babies,” said Carrie still crying. “In my dream my little girl wasn’t making it.” Carrie couldn’t stop crying as Haylie brought her into a hug.

“It’ll be just fine,” said Haylie. “Your babies are gonna be happy and healthy trust me.”

“I wanna believe that Haylie but I just have this feeling,” cried Carrie.

“How about this,” said Haylie as she paused to look into Carrie’s eyes. “How about we go to a local doctor here or the hospital tomorrow and have them check how they twins are doing?”

“Ok thanks Haylie,” said Carrie as she hugged Haylie.

“Welcome,” said Haylie. “Now does AJ know about this?”

“No I’m too scared to tell him I just ran off the bus while he was still sound asleep and ran over here,” said Carrie. “I don’t know how I can tell him.”

“Come on Carrie you gotta tell him,” said Haylie. “He’ll be there for you and make sure your ok. He’ll wanna know trust me.”

“But how do I tell him?” asked Carrie.

“Just go back and wake him up and tell him about your nightmare,” said Haylie as she turned Carrie around and started walking her to her bus. “You can’t get through this only with my help you need his too.”

“Yeah I know but I’m scared,” said Carrie.

“Carrie he’s your husband he loves you,” said Haylie. “Now go in there and tell him or else I’ll come after you.” They both laughed and Haylie grabbed the bus door and opened it as Carrie walked onto the bus. Haylie stood outside the bus for a few minutes before returning to her’s and Nick’s bus. Haylie got onto the bus and saw Nick still where she had left him still listening to the country music station.

“So what was up with Carrie?” asked Nick as Haylie sat next to him and cuddled close to him.

“She had a dream that one of the twins was a little girl and she didn’t make it,” said Haylie. “She just couldn’t tell AJ. I made her though go into the bus and tell him so hopefully she did.”

“She shouldn’t listen to her dreams if their like that,” said Nick. “Her babies are gonna be fine just like Ava and this new one is gonna be too.” Nick placed his hand on Haylie’s stomach as Haylie put her head on Nick’s shoulder.

“I love you,” said Haylie looking at Nick.

“I love you too,” said Nick as he looked at Haylie and lowered his head to kiss her.

While they were still laying there on the couch cuddled together kissing Carrie was walking into the back room of the tour bus and sitting down on the bed.

Carrie turned to see a sleeping AJ. Carrie scooted close to AJ and kissed him on the neck which made him smile. AJ turned over and saw Carrie there with tears still running down her cheek from crying so much.

“Honey what’s wrong,” said AJ jumping up from where he was laying to hug Carrie and hold her in his arms.

“I’m scared,” said Carrie.

“What are you scared of?” asked AJ.

“I had a dream,” answered Carrie.

“What about?” asked AJ again.

“The babies and we had a little girl,” said Carrie as she paused and looked down at her hands. “And…and…she wasn’t making it.”

As Carrie cried more AJ scooted closer and kissed Carrie on the head and said, “Babe that’s not going to happen every things fine. We’re gonna have to healthy happy babies.”

“I wish I could say that but I just have this bad feeling from this dream,” said Carrie as she held onto AJ. “Haylie said she’d take me to a doctor or hospital in town so they can check on the twins.”

“I’ll take you,” said AJ. “We’ll go while we have some free time during the day. I’ll just call the doctor and have him set up something for us.”

“Thanks honey,” said Carrie as she looked at AJ. “I don’t know what I’d do if I didn’t have you.”

“I don’t know either but I know one thing,” said AJ as he placed his right hand under Carrie’s chin and brought it close to his face. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” said Carrie as their lips met and they kissed.

They laid down and held each other close as they both fell asleep again.

Over on Nick and Haylie’s bus they were still where they had been for the past hour. The radio was playing ‘She’s Everything’ and Haylie and Nick were singing along as they laid with each other in their arms.

When the song came to the line Nick loved he turned Haylie to him and sang to her,

“She's the giver I wish I could be
And the stealer of the covers
She's a picture in my wallet
Of my unborn children's mother
She's the hand that I'm holding
When I'm on my knees and praying
She's the answer to my prayer
And she's the song that I'm playing.”

“Baby I love you,” said Haylie as she kissed Nick.

“I love you too,” said Nick as Haylie leaned back onto Nick and faded off to bed. Nick soon did the same thing and soon before they knew it, it was time to get up.

“Hi can I speak to Dr. Adams please?” asked AJ as he talked to the nurse on the phone.

“Just one moment,” answered the nurse.

“Hi Dr. Adams speaking,” said Dr. Adams.

“Hi this is AJ McLean,” said AJ. “My wife is a passionate of yours.”

“Carrie McLean?” asked Dr. Adams.

“Yes ma’am,” answered AJ.

“How may I help you Mr. McLean?” asked Dr. Adams. “Anything wrong?”

“Carrie has started to have some dreams that scare her about the twins and she doesn’t if they’ll be ok or not,” said AJ. “She wants a doctor to tell her their ok.”

“Well that’s normal for mom-to-be’s,” said Dr. Adams. “Where are ya’ll at?”

“We’re in Tampa, Florida right now on tour,” said AJ.

“Ok let me see what I can do about getting an appointment down there with someone I know,” said Dr. Adams. “Can I have your number so I can call you back and tell you where to go?”

“Yeah sure,” said AJ as he gave her the number and then hung up.

“So do we have an appointment somewhere here?” asked Carrie.

“She’s gonna call us back she’s gotta call someone,” answered AJ.

“Ok thanks babe,” said Carrie as she kissed AJ and got ready for the sound check.

Just then the phone rang and AJ answered it, “Hello.”

“Hi Mr. McLean?” asked Dr. Adams on the other line.

“Yes ma’am,” answered AJ.

“They’ll be waiting for you at St. Joseph’s Women’s Hospital when you come in anytime before 7,” said Dr. Adams.

“Thanks,” said AJ. “I’ll tell Carrie. Thanks once again bye.”

“Your welcome bye,” said Dr. Adams as she hung up the phone.

“So what’d she say?” asked Carrie as she looked at AJ.

“Anytime before 7 we can go to St. Joseph’s Women’s Hospital and they’ll take us right away,” answered AJ.

“Great thanks for calling babe,” said Carrie as she kissed AJ.

“Welcome,” said AJ. “Now lets get the sound check over with then we can go ok.”

“Ok,” said Carrie as she got up with AJ. “Lets go.”

They walked out and ran into Haylie, Ava, and Nick as they were about to walk into the amphitheater.

“Hey Carrie,” said Haylie. “You better now?”

“Yeah AJ called the doctor and she said she made us an appointment at the hospital here,” answered Carrie.

“Oh great,” said Haylie as they walked to the side of the stage as they kissed their husbands and then they walked to the stage to start the sound check.

“Hey everyone,” yelled Brian as he ran out with the microphone in his hand. “How ya’ll doing?”

The small crowd cheered.

“Seems like ya’ll are great,” said Howie.

“Well welcome to the sound check,” said AJ.

They sang a few songs and talked and Ava and Baylee played around with Nick and Brian then they ended the sound check.

AJ walked over to Carrie and grabbed her and kissed her then grabbed her had and walked off without saying anything to the guys. Haylie saw what AJ had done and the look on Carrie’s face and then ran after them.

“Hey AJ,” yelled Haylie. “Carrie wait up.”

“Stop AJ I want her to come with us,” said Carrie as she caught her breathe. “She’s my best friend and I was there for her now let her be here for me.”

“Ok,” said AJ as he stopped and let Haylie catch up.

“Thanks,” said Haylie as she caught her breathe. “Its not good to let a pregnant women run like that.”

“Yeah I know,” said Carrie. “And I’m carrying twins so its not so good for me.”

“Well can we please go and get this over with babe,” said AJ as he butted between Haylie and Carrie.

“Yeah lets go babe,” said Carrie.

Just then Haylie’s phone rang. Haylie picked up her phone and said, “hello.”

“Honey where did you run off to?” asked Nick on the other line.

“Oh I went after AJ and Carrie who were running off themselves,” answered Haylie.

“Oh ok well you wanna do something while we have the time?” asked Nick.

Haylie looked at Carrie and then thought to herself who she would go with.

“Babe can we do it after the doctor’s appointment?” asked Haylie

“What doctor’s appointment?” asked Nick. “Are you ok?”

“Yeah Nick I’m great its just for Carrie remember I told you last night,” answered Haylie.

“Oh yeah you told me right before our game,” said Nick quietly into the phone so no one could hear around him.

Haylie smiled as she heard Nick and said, “yeah you must have forgotten everything that happened before that.”

“Hey I can only remember so much babe,” said Nick as he smiled.

“Well how about you and Ava have some fun together for about an hour and I’ll be back with Carrie and AJ,” said Haylie. “Unless you wanna come along with Ava and then we can just go do something from there.”

“Yeah I’d love that we can go shopping after their done there,” said Nick. “Where are you?”

“Back close to the exit,” responded Haylie.

“Ok I’ll be right there love ya,” said Nick.

“Ok love ya,” said Haylie as she hung up the phone.

“Nick and Ava are coming if you don’t mind since once we’re done were gonna go somewhere,” said Haylie.

“Yeah that’s fine we’ll take two cars then,” said Carrie.

“Ok,” said Haylie. “Oh my gosh I so need to get the car seat be right back. Don’t leave without me.”

“We won’t but hurry and don’t over do yourself,” said Carrie as Haylie walked back to the bus and got Ava’s car seat.

“Hey,” said Nick walking up with Ava. “Where’s Haylie?”

“She went to get the car seat,” answered Carrie.

“Ok thanks,” said Nick as Haylie came walking up from behind.

“Hey honey,” said Haylie as she walked up to Nick.

“Hey ready to go?” asked Nick.

“Yeah ready,” answered Haylie as they walked out and into the two awaiting SUV’s “Babe here hand me Ava and you take the car seat and put it in please.”

“Ok,” said Nick as he gave Haylie Ava and took the car seat and put it in. “All ready for her.” They put Ava into her car seat and jumped into the SUV and were off to the hospital.

Once there they went inside and met up with the doctor and Carrie was check out only to be released 30 minutes later with nothing to worry because both babies were perfectly healthy and fine. Once they had finished their appointment Carrie and AJ went back to rest while Haylie, Ava and Nick went shopping.

While they were going through town and Nick was showing off his hometown they came upon a place that was for sale and just what Haylie loved. Haylie and Nick had the SUV stop and pull up to the house. Once in the driveway they talked with the realtor on the phone as they walked up to the door.
As Nick rang the doorbell and the door opened the woman on the other side said, "hello."
"Hi," said Haylie. "We were just driving though town seeing the sights when we saw your for sale sign."
"Oh yes ma'am," said the lady at the door. "Would you like to see the house?"
"Yes please," said Haylie.

"Ok just follow me this way," said the lady as she opened the door and they stepped in. The lady closed the door and they walked into the living room.
"Wow," said Haylie. "This is so beautiful."
"Thanks," said the lady. "I'm Faith by the way and you are?"
"I'm Haylie," said Haylie. "And this is my husband Nick and our daughter Ava."
"Nice to meet you both," said Faith. "Are you two new to town?"
"I've been here once before," answered Haylie. "But Nick grew up here."
"Oh ok," said Faith. "If I may ask where are you from?"
"Oklahoma," answered Haylie.
"Wow that's far away," said Faith.
"Yeah I know but I still go home every chance I can," said Haylie.
"We actually have a place there when we wanna go back," added Nick.
"That's cool," said Faith. "Well let me give you a tour of this place."
"Ok great," said Nick as they walked to take the tour of the house.
They took the tour and once they finished they walked back into the living room and sat down.
"Can I get ya'll something to drink?" asked Faith.
"No thanks," said Haylie as Nick shook his head no. "I love your house."
"Thanks," said Faith.
"How much are you asking?" asked Nick.
"750," answered Faith.
"Wow that's a lot," said Haylie.
"I checked with the other prices of the houses around here and this is the cheapest one," said Faith. "But its also said to be the best too."
"Well I do love it," said Haylie. "And it would be big enough for us and the new baby." Haylie looked at Nick who looked at her. "Wait do you think Nick. You always said you wanted to move home again."
"Well it seems like you really love this place," said Nick. "I say yes but its up to you."
"I want it Nick," said Haylie. "Its different then our other two places. We can stay here while the others are at Johnny's and we can just meet up with them when needed."
"Yeah and we can come back whenever we feel like it just to get away from California," said Nick. "Well take it."
"Really?" asked Haylie shocked.
"Yeah babe lets get it," said Nick.
"Oh thanks babe," said Haylie as she hugged Nick.
"Great let me just call the realtor," said Faith picking up her phone and calling the realtor. Once Faith talked to the realtor she hung up the phone and said, "great news we can go down to the realtors office right now and get the paper work started."
"Great but we gotta be somewhere in about an hour," said Nick.
"Ok that’s fine," said Faith. "How long are you going to be in town?"
"Just tonight then were off to Georgia," said Haylie. "See we're kinda on tour."
"Oh are you a singer?" asked Faith.
"I don't want any of the neighbors knowing just yet," answered Nick. "But I'm Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys."
"Oh ok," said Faith. "I knew I've seen your picture somewhere before. My daughters love your music when they were like 16 and 17."
"Cool," said Haylie. "Well how about we just give you our cell phone number and you can call us and we can have you fax anything you need to any place we're close to."
"That sounds good," said Faith. "I'll give you mine too if you need to reach me for anything."
"Ok thanks," said Haylie as they exchanged phone numbers and said good bye and walked out the door.
"Thank you so much for the house," said Haylie as they drove off to the amphitheater.
"Your welcome," said Nick. "Just think of this as a present for the new baby. I mean we got the house in Checotah when you were pregnant with Ava so why not one for this new one."
"Yeah I never thought of it that way," said Haylie. "I guess it is like a present for the baby. But what if we have more kids are we gonna buy more houses?"
"No we'll do something new," answered Nick. "Maybe like a get away vacation for just you and me before the baby's born."
"Oooo," said Haylie. "That sounds wonderful right now."
"I know it does," responded Nick. "Well how about after the baby is born me and you go and get away a month or so later whenever you want and we spend time just the two of us together."
"That sounds amazing Nick," said Haylie as she smiled. "You know how to charm a women. I love you so much."
"I love you more then you can ever imagine," said Nick as he kissed Haylie passionately.
They soon arrived at the amphitheater and got out with Ava and started for the entrance only to be stopped by a couple fans who asked for a picture and autograph from Nick. Once Nick finished they walked inside and went to the dressing room.
"Hey ya'll," said Haylie.
"Hey girl," said Leighanne. "How are you?"
"Great," answered Haylie. "We just got back from shopping and guess what Nick bought the baby."
"What?" said Carrie.
"A house," squealed Haylie. "We got a house when I was pregnant with Ava and now we have one here too."
"Wow that's awesome," said Carrie.
"Oooo that's so sweet," said Leighanne.
"I know I saw the house and we just feel in love with it," said Haylie. "The lady that we bought it from didn't even know who Nick was until he said not to tell the neighbors."
"Wow that must be nice,” said Leighanne.
“Hey babe the show starts in like an hour so were gonna get ready,” said AJ to Carrie who was setting on the couch.
“Ok love ya,” responded Carrie.
“Love ya too,” said AJ as he kissed Carrie and walked to where he was to start getting ready.
Soon the show had started and ended. When Nick finally got to the bus Ava was already sound asleep in the crib across from Haylie and Haylie was on the couch listening to the country station because that reminded her so much of home, Checotah.
“Babe can I do this song?” asked Nick as ‘Ticks’ by Brad Paisley came on the radio.
“Oh I’d so love that but what if we get interrupted by someone or Ava?” said Haylie.
“Well if its someone else then we can ignore them and maybe someone can watch Ava tonight I mean come one maybe Brian and Leighanne will,” said Nick. “I mean Brian loves her and said he’d watch her anytime.”
“Yeah your right,” said Haylie. “Lets see if he can watch her before we leave.”
“Ok,” said Nick as he ran off the bus and over to Brian’s. Nick knocked on the door as Brian came and answered it.
“Hey man,” said Brian.
“Hey got a favor to ask of you,” said Nick.
“Ok shoot,” replied Brian.
“Can you and Leighanne watch Ava for us?” asked Nick.
“Let me just as Leighanne and I’ll get back to you,” said Brian as he shut the door and went to asked Leighanne. Once he asked her he walked back to the door, “she said she’d love to watch her. Just bring the crib and diaper bag over and we’ll watch her.”
“Thanks man you don’t know how much this means to us,” said Nick.
“No prob,” said Brian as Nick ran back to his bus.
“They’ll watch her just grab the diaper bag and Ava and I’ll get the crib and we can walk her over there,” said Nick.
“Ok let me just throw on some shorts,” said Haylie as she grabbed her shorts and put them on, then grabbed the stuff and Ava. “She should sleep for them until morning if their lucky.”
“Great,” said Nick as he grabbed the crib and they walked off the bud and over to Brian’s.
“Hey thanks again both of you,” said Haylie as she placed Ava into the crib and kissed her goodnight.
“Your so welcome I know how you could need a day to yourselves,” said Leighanne. “Your a young mother its only natural to want time for just the two of you. Have fun and we’ll take great care of her. Trust us Baylee’s come this far and been wonderful this far.”
“Thanks we’ll get her in the morning,” said Nick as he grabbed Haylie’s hand and ran off the bus only to run into AJ and Carrie.
“Dang girl get some clothes on,” said Carrie.
“Hey I’ve got clothes on you just can’t see the shorts cause there so short and Nick’s shirt is so big on me,” responded Haylie.
“Well we gotta go,” said Nick grabbing Haylie’s hand again and running off.
“I’ll talk to you tomorrow,” yelled Haylie as they got to the bus door.
“Ok talk to you then,” said Carrie as her and AJ walked onto their bus.
Once on the bus again Nick grabbed Haylie once in the back room and said, “so where were we?”
“Last I could remember ‘Ticks’ was playin’ and you wanted me,” said Haylie as she smiled and started to kiss Nick.
“Oh yeah now I remember,” said Nick as they fell onto the bed.

Chapter End Notes:
Please tell me what you think about it. I'd appreciate that a lot.