- Text Size +

It was now late May and Carrie looked like she was just about to bust. Haylie had only a few weeks to go until she was due to have Sean. Carrie and Haylie had been spending a lot of time together planning the baby showers they wanted to have together.
"Hey Haylie," yelled Carrie from the kitchen as she grabbed a bottle of water.
"Yeah," yelled Haylie from the living room as she got up and walked into the kitchen. "What's up?"
"So when's your husband suppose to be home with food for the baby shower?" asked Carrie.
"He should be home any minute now with AJ," answered Haylie as she grabbed herself a glass of sweet tea.
Just then the front door swung open and in walked AJ and Nick with food and drinks in there had with the food and drinks for the baby shower that afternoon.
"Babe were home," yelled Nick as he walked into the kitchen and placed the food on the counter and kissed Haylie.
"Hey hon," said Haylie. "Got the cake?"
"Yeah its in the car I'm gonna go get it now," answered Nick as he walked out and got the cake and brought it in with AJ behind him with the rest of the food and drinks.
"Hey babe," said AJ as he kissed Carrie and placed the food on the counter. "So you ready for today?"
"Yeah Brian and Howie said they'd be over in a few to help you both seat up the tables out back," said Carrie.
"Well me and Carrie are gonna go in the living room and watch a movie if you need us," said Haylie. "Oh and Nick check on Ava for me in a few she's still asleep in our room on the bed."
"Ok I'll go check on her once I put the food away," said Nick as Haylie and Carrie walked out and went into the living room.
Nick and AJ put the food away and then Nick went and checked on the Ava. Ava was still sound asleep with the radio playing. Nick went over and kissed Ava on the head then walked out the room and downstairs and outside where AJ was with Brian and Howie who had just shown up with Leighanne and Baylee.
"Hey," said Nick as he walked up and hugged Leighanne. "Haylie and Carrie are inside if you want to go hang out with them, but you gotta be quite because Ava's taking a nap."
"Ok," said Leighanne as her and Baylee walked into the house. "Hey girls."
"Hey," said Haylie and Carrie at the same time.
"How are you both?" asked Leighanne as she sat down on the couch with Baylee.
"ready to have these two," said Carrie placing her hands on her stomach.
"I know I feel the same way about this one," said Haylie.
They continued to talk as Nick, Brian, Howie, and AJ were all outside getting ready for the baby shower.
"So when is everyone suppose to come?" asked Brian.
"About 2 is when it starts so we gotta get a move on the tables," said AJ.
"Where are the tables were suppose to put up?" asked Howie.
"Over on the porch stacked up," answered Nick as they walked over and grabbed a table.
"So where do you want these?" asked AJ.
"How about under the oak tree so they can have some shade while out here since its hot," answered Nick as the sat up the tables. Once done they placed the table clothes on and taped them down.
"Ok looks good we don't need to do anything else its just a simple shower not anything too big," said AJ.
"Let's go inside and check on everything and then all we have to do is wait for the guests," said Brian as they walked towards the house.
Once inside they heard the ladies laughing in the living room and walked into the room.
"Hey," said Howie as he leaned over and kissed the girls on the check. "How are you both?"
"Great," said Haylie and Carrie just as the door rang.
Nick looked at the clock on the DVD player and saw it said 1:45 p.m. and said, "I wonder who's here so early." Nick walked over and opened the door.
"Hey," said Annie as she hugged Nick and walked in with Jim close behind her.
"Hey," said Jim as he hugged Nick too. "How are you?"
"Great," said Nick as they walked into the living room shutting the door behind them.
"Hey baby," said Annie as she walked over to Haylie and gave her a hug. "How's my baby girl?"
"Great just can't wait to have Sean and get back to my old body," said Haylie.
"He'll be here before you know it," said Jim.
"Hey daddy," said Haylie as she hugged her dad.
"So Carrie how are you," said Annie as she turned to give Carrie a hug.
"Great," said Carrie. "How are you?"
"I'm great just so happy your both home to have the babies," said Annie as they door bell rang again.
"I'll get it," said Nick as he walked to the door again.
"Hey Nick," said Jessica as she hugged Nick. "How are you?"
"I'm great, yourself?" asked Nick.
"I'm doin' just fine," answered Jessica.
"Hey Sam," said Nick as he hugged Sam.
"Hey Nick," said Sam as they walked in and shut the door behind them.
"Mom," said Carrie as she tried to get off the couch.
"Don't get up baby," said Jessica as she came over and hugged Carrie and then Haylie. "How are my girls?"
"Great," said Haylie.
"Good but can you help me up I need to pee?" asked Carrie as Jessica helped pull her to her feet.
While Carrie went to the bathroom more people showed up and soon the shower was started. While outside eating and talking to all their friends out of nowhere two friends of Haylie and Carrie's came up from behind them and yelled, "surprise!"
Haylie and Carrie turned around only to see the two women responsible for helping them run into Nick.
"Haylie," yelled Haylie. "Hilary." Haylie and Carrie got up and hugged Haylie and Hilary Duff.
"I'm so happy you could come," said Carrie as she sat down.
"Grab a chair and some food," said Haylie.
"We would so not miss this," said Hilary.
"Your too special to us for us to miss this," said Haylie Duff.
They continued to talk as the day went on and played so many games. They were having so much fun and loved everything about the baby shower. Soon it was midnight and Haylie and Nick were just falling asleep together listening to the radio as 'Ticks' came on and Nick was rubbing Haylie's back.
The next morning AJ got up and made some breakfast for him and Carrie as Carrie slept. Once breakfast was ready AJ woke up Carrie and brought her into the kitchen to eat.
"Thanks babe," said Carrie.
"Welcome," said AJ as they ate. "So its getting close to the babies coming what do you want to name them?"
"I've been thinking about this for a while now," said Carrie. "I really love the name Taylor."
"Aww that's a cute name," said AJ. "But we need more then just that."
"I know," said Carrie. "Well how about Taylor Nicole?"
"That's cute," said AJ. "What about Avril Kellie?"
"That's cute," said Carrie.
"That's settle we have our girls names," said AJ as he put his arm around Carrie's shoulder and kissed her.
Just then they started to kick and Carrie placed her hand on her stomach.
"You alright," asked AJ looking at Carrie.
"Yeah I'm fine their just kicking," answered Carrie placing AJ's hand on the spot where they were kicking. They sat there and smiled and laughed and continued to talk about the babies. The day went on and they spent the whole day watching TV and movies.
"Oh babe I was thinking if you wanted we could go in a few and grab a bite to eat," said AJ as Carrie walked into the bathroom.
"That sounds great," yelled Carrie.
"Where do you wanna go?" asked AJ as Carrie walked out the bathroom.
"How about we grab a pizza?" said Carrie.
"That sounds great," said AJ as Carrie crawled back into bed with AJ. "When do you want to go?"
"How about after this show cause I wanna see who the murder is," answered Carrie as they watched Law & Order.
"Ok that’s just fine," said AJ.
They watched the rest of the show and saw who the murder was and then got ready to go out. They walked down the staircase and into the living room where Carrie grabbed her purse and started to walk out the door with AJ. Just then Carrie felt a pain and grabbed her stomach.
"AJ," said Carrie with pain.
AJ turned around quickly and said, "you alright?"
"Babies seem like they want to come now," said Carrie.
"Oh my gosh let me get the bag and then we can go to the hospital," said AJ shocked and nerves at the same time. AJ ran into the house and grabbed the bags from the bedroom and ran out to the car and put them in the backseat. Once he did all that he helped Carrie into the SUV and were off to the hospital. On the way there They called Dr. Adams and then Haylie and Nick who were going to meet them at the hospital once they dropped Ava off with her parents. Then they called Carrie’s parents who were on their way and then AJ’s mom who was gonna be on the next flight to Oklahoma.

Once they arrived at the hospital AJ drove up to the emergency room at the women’s hospital. He got out and ran to the door and got Carrie out and walked her into the hospital. Once inside a nurse came around and placed Carrie into a wheelchair.

“Let me park the car and grab her bag real quick,” said AJ as he ran outside and back into the SUV and found a close parking spot and got out and grabbed the bag and ran back inside.

“Where’d she go?” asked AJ looking around.

“The other nurse took her down to room 7,” said the nurse behind the counter. “Follow me right this way.”

AJ followed the nurse and said, “Thanks ma’am. Oh and by the way we have a couple people who are coming down can you send them straight over. It should be an older man and women and a young man and his pregnant wife.”

“Sure,” said the nurse as she walked back to the front.

AJ walked into the room and saw Carrie getting put on monitors and with a gown on already. He walked over next to Carrie and pulled a chair close and sat down and grabbed Carrie’s hand.

“This is it,” said Carrie as she looked at AJ.

“Yep no turning back now,” said AJ as he looked into Carrie’s eyes. “I love you so much.”

“I love you too,” said Carrie as a contraction hit.

“Ok breath in and out,” said AJ as the contraction went away. “Ok the worst is over.”

“Thanks,” said Carrie as she smiled.

Just as the contraction ended the door opened and in walked Haylie and Nick. Carrie looked up and smiled as Haylie walked over to the bed.

“Hey girl how you feeling?” asked Haylie.

“I didn’t know it would hurt this much,” laughed Carrie. “You never said anything.”

“You never asked,” said Haylie.

“Haylie you want to sit?” asked AJ as he got up from his seat.

“Thanks AJ,” said Haylie as she sat down.

“Hey guys can we have a minute together?” asked Carrie as she looked at both Nick and AJ.

“Sure baby,” answered AJ. “We’re gonna go see if your parents got here yet.”

“Ok thanks babe,” said Carrie as Nick and AJ left the room.

“Why’d you want them to leave?” asked Haylie with a strange look on her face.

“Because I wanted to have a moment alone with my best friend and the women who helped me meet my husband and the father of my kids,” answered Carrie. “I just wanted to say thanks.”

“You don’t need to thank me,” said Haylie. “I mean it was you how helped me win the tickets to meet my husband.”

“Well then I guess we’re even,” said Carrie with a smile. “Its just You do so much for me and I love you for that and I want you to be the twins godmother.”

“Aww Carrie I’d love to be their godmother,” said Haylie as she got up and hugged Carrie. When Haylie sat back down a contraction hit Carrie. “Ok Carrie just breath and it will be over before you know it.”

“It hurts,” said Carrie.

“I know it does just breath,” said Haylie. “Ok the worst is now over.”

“Thanks,” said Carrie as the doctor entered the room.

“Hi Mrs. McLean,” said Dr. Adams.

“Hi Dr. Adams,” said Carrie.

“I’m here to see how far along you are and when we might have these two tonight or sometime later,” said Dr. Adams as she check Carrie out. “Well it looks like we’ll hopefully have some babies tonight before midnight by the way things are looking.”

“Great thanks Dr.,” said Carrie.

“I’ll be back to check on you in an hour,” said Dr. Adams

“Ok thanks,” said Carrie as she closed her eyes and the doctor left the room. “I so hope they come before midnight.”

“Hopefully they will,” said Haylie as the door opened again and Carrie opened her eyes.

“Mama,” said Carrie as her mom and dad walked into the room. “Daddy.”

They walked over and hugged Carrie and stood by the edge of the bed.

“How are you doing?” asked Jessica.

“Not too bad,” answered Carrie. “It hurts though.”

“I know what you mean baby girl,” said Jessica.

“Want us to get you anything babe?” asked Sam.

“No thanks daddy,” answered Carrie. “Where’s AJ?”

“He went with Nick to get a drink and then he’d be right back,” said Jessica.

“Ok,” said Carrie as she closed her eyes. “I’m just so tired all of a sudden.”

“Just rest baby and we’ll be outside waiting,” said Sam as Haylie got up and walked towards the door with Jessica and Sam.

“Ok thanks guys,” said Carrie.

They walked out the door and went to the waiting area closest to Carrie’s room and sat down.

“I’m gonna call my parents and tell them so they can come down cause I’d know they’d love this and I’m gonna call my sister Sara too,” said Haylie as she got up and walked out the hospital to make her calls.

Meanwhile Nick and AJ were walking to get a drink from the vending machines.

“Dude how did you do this?” asked AJ. “How did you handle it so well with Haylie?”

“Dude do you not remember what I was like,” answered Nick. “I cried thinking Ava was gonna have something wrong with her. I was so upset cause she was coming so early. Leighanne was the main person to help me calm down and come to my senses. Now lets just grab a drink and you go back in there with your wife and be strong like Leighanne told me.”

“Ok thanks Nick,” said AJ as they got their drinks and walked back to Carrie’s room and AJ walked in while Nick walked over to Haylie and the others.

"Hey," whispered AJ as he walked over to the side of the bed.
"Hey," whispered Carrie back. Just then a contraction hit and Carrie grabbed onto AJ's hand.
"Ok breath in and out," said AJ. "Your doing great baby."
"I so can't wait for this part to be over with," said Carrie as the contraction ended.
"It will all be over with before you know it," said AJ.
Hours later AJ's mom was about an hour away on the plane and Haylie's parents and sister had shown up. The other guys were coming as soon as they could get a flight into town. They were so excited for AJ and Carrie. The doctor would come to check on Carrie every hour or so and would keep saying the same thing about the baby. It was getting late too and Carrie was getting more and more tired.
Midnight soon came and went and everyone was falling asleep in the waiting room. And it was now 2 in the morning. Denise had come and been in the waiting room with the others for about 2 hours now and Brian and Leighanne were gonna be there in the morning with Howie and Kevin coming in later the next day.
As AJ sat next to Carrie he looked into her eyes and said, "babe your the bravest woman I've ever seen. I love you." AJ then got up and kissed Carrie and then sat down again only for a contraction to start. Carrie grabbed AJ's hand and held it tight. "Ok just breath. Come on now your doing great. The worst is over now."
Just then Dr. Adams walked in and said, "Ok I think we should be ready to start having some babies." Carrie turned to AJ and smiled just as another contraction hit. "Ok just breath in and out Carrie and I'll get the nurses and then we can get started." Carrie Nodded her head as the contraction ended and Dr. Adams walked out of the room to get the nurses. She soon returned with four other nurses and got ready for the twins to come.
"This is it," said Carrie as she looked into AJ's eyes and smiled.
"No turning back now," said AJ as he kissed Carrie quickly. "Lets have us some babies."
"Ok Mrs. McLean when I have you push I want you to push till the count of 10 then you can stop," said Dr. Adams. "Ok we're going to start on the next contraction."
Just as the next contraction hit Carrie pushed as AJ counted to 10. Before they knew it they had one baby and within 5 minutes later they had a second baby. They cleaned them up and checked them out then placed them on Carrie's chest and each in an arm. Carrie looked back and forth at her girls.
"Can I hold one of them?" asked AJ.
"Yeah," answered Carrie as she passed the closest girl to AJ. "I love you."
"I love you too," said AJ as he kissed Carrie. "So who's who?"
"Well we picked out the names Taylor Nicole and Avril Kellie," said Carrie.
"Well she looks like a Taylor," said AJ as he looked into the baby in his arms. "So I'm holding Taylor Nicole then."
"Yeah I guess she'll be Avril Kellie then," said Carrie as she looked into the little girl in her arms. "Lets just keep a hold of them so we don't mix them up and the nurses can get up a bracelet for them."
"Ok," said AJ just as a nurse walked in.
"Do you have names yet?" asked the nurse.
"Yes," said Carrie as she looked at AJ.
"This is Taylor Nicole," said AJ.
"And this is Avril Kellie," said Carrie.
"Ok just right it down how you want it spelled and I'll get bracelets for them right now," said the nurse as she placed a paper on the table with a pen.
AJ took the paper and pen and wrote down Avril Kellie McLean and Taylor Nicole McLean. He then passed the paper and pen to the nurse who walked out the door and soon returned with bracelets.
"Here you go," said the Nurse with the bracelets. "Who's Avril?"
"She is," said Carrie pointing to the baby in her arms.
The nurse put the bracelet on Avril's ankle and then walked over to the other baby and said, "then this must be Taylor. Once I put on her bracelets another nurse will come in and get their footprints and get more info to write up their birth certificates and then get you both to sign them. Then another nurse should come in and ask about how your wanting to feed them and give you what you may need."
"Thanks," said Carrie as the nurse left. "So baby do you want the others to come in now?"
"That's up to you," answered AJ.
"Bring them in I know they wanna see the girls," said Carrie as she looked at Avril.
AJ placed Taylor in her bed and walked out the door and down to the waiting room where everyone was. He was smiling as he got to the group of people waiting for him.
"So," said Haylie as AJ stood in front of her.
"Wanna come meet Avril and Taylor?" asked AJ to everyone.
They all smiled and nodded their head and Haylie said, "Of course we wanna see them come on Carrie's my best friend."
As they walked into the room they saw Carrie sitting up with Avril in her arms.
"Hey," said Carrie as she looked at who was walking in the room.
"Hey," said Haylie as she walked and sat down next to Carrie's bed.
Soon hours passed and everyone had gone home to get some rest while AJ and Carrie stayed at the hospital with the twins. The next morning Brian and Leighanne showed up with Baylee and then later in the day like expected Howie, Kevin, and Kristin showed up. They were all excited for AJ and Carrie. Their babies were healthy and so cute. They looked just like both Carrie and AJ.
Those hours turned into days and soon they were able to go home and start life as a family. They were going to stay in Checotah for a while until Haylie had her baby and then maybe if they felt like it go back to LA.