- Text Size +

Weeks past as Nick and Haylie planned for the arrival of their son Sean Nickolas. They had gotten the whole house ready for their little boy. Ava couldn't wait for her brother to come, she was gonna be the best big sister ever. All she wanted to do was help out with anything and everything they did.
One day Nick and Haylie were out at a park with Ava just walking like normal. Nick and Haylie were holding each other as Ava tried run ahead of them.
"Ava don't run so far ahead," said Haylie. Ava slowed down as she grabbed Nick's hand.
"Daddy," said Ava as she wanted to be picked up. Nick picked Ava up and held her tight and then put his arm around Haylie. They walked on through the park and back towards the house. As they got to the porch Nick put down Ava as she ran to the door Nick let go of Haylie to grab the key out of his pocket.
Just then Haylie turned to Nick and said, "Nick I think its time."
"Time for what baby?" asked not thinking about the baby as he opened the door.
"Nick I think its time," repeated Haylie with Nick turning around to look at Haylie holding her side.
"Oh my gosh the baby," said Nick. "Lets get you into the car and then get your stuff." Nick and Haylie got into the car with Ava and Nick ran back inside and grabbed the bags and got back in the car. They were soon off to the hospital and Nick called the doctor and all the people needed to be called.
Once at the hospital they got into their room Nick left with Ava so Haylie could get sat up and so Ava could get a drink. They walked out the room and down the hall to the vending machines.

“Ok Ava lets see what they have to drink,” said Nick as he held Ava’s hand. “It looks like they have apple juice lets get that.”

Ava shook her head yes as Nick put the money into the machine. Ava watched as the juice fell to the bottom of the vending machine and Nick grabbed it.

“Lets go see if they have a straw in mommy’s room for you so you can drink it,” said Nick as they started walking back to Haylie’s room.

Just as they were about to walk into the room Anna and Jim walk up next to them.

“Hey,” said Anna with a smile on her face.

“Hey,” said Nick.

“Grandma,” said Ava with the biggest smile on her face. Ava held her hands out for her to grab her and hold her.

“I think she wants you,” said Nick as he passed Ava to Anna.

“Come here baby girl,” said Anna.

“So how is she?” asked Jim.

“She’s great they were just hooking her up to all the monitors when I left with Ava to get a drink,” answered Nick.

“Well can we go see her?” asked Anna.

“Yeah,” said Nick as he opened the door and they all walked in. “Hey babe look who I found outside.”

Haylie looked over and saw her parents and smiled.

“Hey sweetheart,” said Anna.

“Hey momma,” said Haylie as she sat in the bed. “Hey daddy.”

“How’s my girl?” asked Jim.

“Fine thanks dad,” answered Haylie as a contraction hit.

“Breath baby,” said Nick as the contraction went away.

“So are AJ and Carrie here yet?” asked Haylie.

“Not that I know of let me go see,” answered Nick as he walked out the door and down towards the entrance of the hospital. Just as he walked out the entrance he ran into AJ and Carrie coming in with the twins in their arms.

“Hey Nick,” said Carrie.

“Hey Carrie,” said Nick as he kissed her on her cheek. “Haylie was wondering where ya’ll where seems like she wants you here Carrie.”

“Well we had to get the twins,” said AJ. “Its not just like we used to be when we could go anywhere quickly we have these two to care for now.”

“Yeah I know but you can’t tell that to a woman who’s about to have a baby,” said Nick as they walked into the hospital. “It takes us forever to go anywhere with Ava but we’re trying to lessen our load now that we have the new baby coming.”

“Well lets not just stand around I wanna go see Haylie,” said Carrie interrupting the guys talking.

“Sorry Carrie,” said Nick. “Follow me this way and I’ll take you to Haylie.” They all walked over to Haylie’s room and walked in.

“Haylie,” said Carrie as she walked in and walked over to Haylie.

“Carrie I’m so glad you’re here,” said Haylie as they hugged.

“I wouldn’t miss this for the world,” said Carrie. “But we did have to bring the twins cause my parents wanted to come but they said they’d be here a little later because they had to do something.”

“Ok great,” said Haylie.

Hours went by and soon more people had shown up and were packing the waiting room. By noon on June 14th they had a beautiful healthy baby boy, Sean Nickolas Carter.

“Nick,” said Haylie as she looked at Sean.

“Yeah,” answered Nick.

“Wanna take him out there and show him off to the others?” asked Haylie.

“Yeah they’d love to see him,” answered Nick as he picked Sean up and walked out the door. Nick walked over to the waiting room and saw everyone sitting down talking. “Hey ya’ll wanna see Sean?”

“Yeah,” everyone yelled as they got up and ran over to meet Nick.

“Aww he’s so cute,” said Anna. “Can I hold my grandson?”

“Yeah sure,” answered Nick as he passed Sean off to Anna.

“How’s Haylie?” asked Carrie.

“She’s doing great just resting,” answered Nick as Sean was being passed around.

“Daddy I wanna see the baby,” said Ava looking up at Nick.

“Come here baby,” said Nick as he picked Ava up and showed her Sean. “That’s your new brother.”

“When can we take him home?” asked Ava looking at Nick.
“In a few days,” answered Nick.
“Aww man,” replied Ava.
“No he’s gotta stay here with mommy for a few days then they both can come home,” said Nick. “Your gonna go stay with Grandma and Grandpa tonight.”
“Grandma,” said Ava with a big smile and jumping up and down in Nick’s arm.
“Calm down baby girl,” said Nick. “Wanna go say bye to mommy then you can go over to Grandma and Grandpa’s and have fun with them?”
“Yeah,” said Ava as Nick placed her on the ground. “Ok let me get your brother and then we can go see mommy.”
“YAY!” yelled Ava as Nick got Sean back and then walked with Ava to the room. Ava could walk and talk really good for a 18 month old. As they walked into the room Haylie opened her eyes and smiled to see her husband walk in with their two beautiful healthy kids.
“Hey,” said Haylie.
“Hey,” said Nick as he walked to the bed. “Ava wanted to come say bye before your parents took her home for the night.”
“Great I wanted to say bye to my little girl,” said Haylie as Nick placed Sean in his bed and grabbed Ava and sat her on the bed with Haylie.
“Mommy,” said Ava as she hugged Haylie.
Haylie leaned down kissed Ava on the head and said, “Hey baby. How’s mommy’s princess?”
“Great,” said Ava as she got up on the bed and kissed Haylie on the cheek. “Love ya.”
“I love you too,” said Haylie as tears fell from her eyes. It was the first time Ava had ever said I love you to anyone and it just made Haylie so happy that she finally said it.
Ava tried to get off the bed but couldn’t so Nick helped her off and then she ran towards the door and waited for him to open it and then she was off to Anna and Jim.
“Nick did you hear her?” asked Haylie as she cried. “She said she loves me.”
“I know baby,” replied Nick. “I know.” Nick then placed a kiss on Haylie’s head and then walked out the door to tell Jim and Anna something. “Hey we’ll be by when we get out of here in two days if you don’t wanna come back.”
“Ok we’ll be waiting for you three,” said Anna as she hugged Nick.
“Thanks for taking care of Ava,” said Nick.
“Its my pleasure,” replied Anna as she turned around and Jim grabbed Ava.
“Oh and let me get you her stuff from the car,” said Nick as they walked out and got the stuff from the SUV. Once they exchanged Ava’s stuff from one SUV to another Nick said goodbye and returned to Haylie.
“Man these last couple of years have flown by so quickly,” said Haylie as Nick came in.
“I know it,” replied Nick. “It seems just like yesterday that I ran into you at the concert.”
“I know it does,” said Haylie. “That will be a night I’ll never forget.”
“Me too,” said Nick. “I so can’t wait to be out of this hospital and back home with just my family.”
“Me too,” replied Haylie. “Me too.”
The days past quickly and soon they were home as a family again and with Sean this time. Sean was a happy healthy baby boy who looked just like his daddy. You could tell just by the way he looked and acted already he would be a daddy’s boy and act just like him.