- Text Size +

“Aww just look at those guys who would have seen it coming,” said Haylie to Carrie as they looked out the tour bus at Nick, AJ, and Brian playing with Baylee, Ava, Avril, Taylor, and Sean. It was now November and they were back on tour over in Europe.
“I know who knew us two girls from Checotah, Oklahoma could have changed them two,” replied Carrie.
“I never knew I’d be married with a family this young,” said Haylie. “I thought I’d have to wait another 5 or more years to get married and start my family.”
“I know,” said Carrie. “I thought I’d have to always stay in Checotah to find happiness.”
“I know me too,” said Haylie as they laughed. “I’m so glad we found someone like we did and that we didn’t have to wait and aren’t still stock in Checotah and just go back to get away.”
“Yes I think God all the time for AJ and the twins,” said Carrie.
“I know I think God all the time for Nick and Ava and Sean,” said Haylie. “Without them I’d probably just be in some desk job just barely getting by.”
“I know what you mean,” said Carrie. “Well I’m hungry and need something to eat so I’m gonna go bug my guy and see if he has any ideas for the day.”
“Ok sounds like fun I’ll go out there with you,” said Haylie as they walked off the tour bus.
“So babe what’s for lunch?” asked Carrie as she walked up to the guys and kids.
“Well they’ve got a McDonald’s not too far from here,” said AJ.

"Sounds good," said Carrie. "How about we all go get something to eat and then if you want we can go shopping since I always wanted to shop in Europe."
"Sounds good to me," said AJ. "What do you guys think?"
"Sounds ok," said Nick.
"I'll get Leighanne and Howie their inside the bus watching TV," said Brian. "Keep an eye on Baylee for me."
"Ok,” said Haylie as Brian walked onto the bus.
"So is it in walking distance?" asked Carrie.
"Well we can walk if you want but I don't know where it is maybe someone could show us around," answered AJ.
"Ok we can get a tour guide probably really easily and close by," said Nick. "I'll just go inside the venue and get someone who knows their way around and might wanna come with us."
"Ok sounds good," said Carrie as Nick walked inside the venue and Brian walked off the bus with Leighanne and Howie.
"Hey Leighanne," said Haylie.
"Hey," said Leighanne.
"So we heading to McDonald's I hear," said Howie.
"Yeah Nick went to go get someone to show us where it is," said AJ.
"Cool," said Brian as Nick walked back out with a young lady about 20 years old.
"Hey ya'll I found someone who knows the area like the back of her hand," said Nick.
"Great," said Haylie.
"Everyone this is Jazmyne," said Nick. "Jazmyne this is, Brian and his wife Leighanne and their son Baylee, and that's Howie over there. Oh and AJ and his wife Carrie and their two daughters Avril and Taylor. Finally over here is my wife Haylie and our two kids Ava and Sean."
"Hi nice to meet you all," said Jazmyne in an English accent.
"So how far to the nearest McDonald's?" asked Brian.
"From here about oh I'd say 2 minutes by car about 10 or less by walking," answered Jazmyne.
"So what do ya'll wanna do?" asked Haylie. "I mean it'd probably be a great walk for the kids."
"Lets walk but take the body guards just incase," said Leighanne.
"Ok," said AJ. "I'll get the stroller for Avril and Taylor." AJ then walked over to his tour bus and walked inside and got the stroller for the twins then walked back to Carrie. As he was doing that Nick and Brian both grabbed Ava, Sean, and Baylee's strollers too. They all seem to return about the same time.
"Ready to go," said Howie.
"Yeah just let me put Sean in the stroller," said Haylie as she placed Sean in the stroller that she had from when Ava was his age. "Ok ready."
They all headed out with their strollers in hand with diaper bags in hand and cameras too. They walked out of the venue parking area and towards McDonald's.
"So is this your first trip here?" asked Jazmyne to Carrie and Haylie.
"No we came over here last tour," answered Carrie.
"Oh," said Jazmyne. "Well there are some great shops here for kids and babies because I just went shopping at a place down the street for my nephews and nieces."
"Oh cool we'll have to check those out," said Haylie. "Ava and Sean have so many clothes but I just love shopping for them no matter what. I buy in bigger sizes sometimes so they can grow into them on tour."
"Yeah that's always a great idea," said Jazmyne as they walked closer to McDonald's.
"So how old are your nephew and nieces?" asked Carrie?
"6 months, a year, and 2” answered Jazmyne. “My oldest sister has the year old and my brother has the 2 year old and 6 month old.”
“Awww those are just the cutest ages,” said Haylie. “I can’t wait till Sean’s older so he can have as much fun as Ava and Baylee.”
“I know what you mean these two will have so much fun with them,” added Carrie. They soon arrived at McDonald’s and ordered their food. They bought lunch for Jazmyne and went to sit down and eat. They talked for hours and played around with the kids. Once they were done there they cleaned up the kids and went shopping.
“I’ll take you to that really cute shop I was telling you about,” said Jazmyne as they walked out of McDonald’s and went to the next street up. “They have the cutest outfits.”
“Oh there’s a place in California that has the cutest stuff for kids,” said Haylie. “I so love shopping for the kids. Have you seen Gwen Stefani’s baby line?”
“Oh I’ve heard of it,” said Jazmyne. “From what I’ve seen of her son’s clothing they are adorable.”
“I know that’s why I bought a bunch for the kids while I was there before we came over here,” said Haylie.

“Awww that’s cool,” said Jazmyne.

They walked into a shop and went straight to the babies clothes and found some of the cutest things.

“Look Carrie,” said Haylie. “Avril and Taylor would look so cute in this.”

“Yeah grab one in a bigger size for them,” said Carrie. “Hey look at this Ava would look so cute in this dress. Oh and Leighanne this would be so cute for Baylee.”

“Oh cute,” said Leighanne.

“Oh she would,” said Haylie. “Grab it in her size. She’s in 2T.”

“Hey look Sean would look so cute in this,” said Jazmyne.

“Aww that’s perfect,” said Haylie. “Look for it in 9-12 months size and I’ll take it.”

They guys were standing around the store waiting for the girls to finish shopping when AJ and Nick got way to bored and started making fun of their wives.

“Oh my gosh Nick this would be just the cutest thing ever,” joked AJ.

“Oh my gosh it would,” said Nick. “Oh and lookie here here’s a cute shirt to go with that skirt.”

“Shut up,” yelled Haylie as she heard Nick.

“You better watch what you two say and do,” said Carrie.

“What if we don’t,” said AJ. “You gonna give me a spanking.” Everyone started to laugh as they continued to talk.

“You just keep it up and see what happens,” said Carrie as she went back to shopping.

“Oo I’m so scared,” said AJ.

“That’s it,” said Carrie as she walked over to AJ and whispered in his ear. As she whispered AJ’s eye’s widened in shock.

“You wouldn’t,” said AJ.

“I would if you keep it up,” said Carrie as she walked away. Just as she got back to the girls everyone broke out laughing but AJ who was still in shock at what Carrie had just said.

“Your too bad,” said AJ.

“Why thank you,” said Carrie as she took a bow. “Don’t try me cause I’ve got more I can say and do.”

“Oo I wanna hear,” said Haylie as they laughed.

“Don’t you dare cause I’ve got stuff on you too,” said AJ.

“Oh but don’t forget I know almost everything about my friend here cause if you forgot we grew up together and she is my best friend,” said Haylie.

AJ looked at Haylie then at Carrie and then gave up with trying to compete with them both. They soon finished their shopping and they all headed back to the venue for a few before the concert was about to start. Haylie loved the time right before the concerts because that was the time that Nick would spend with the kids so he could say good night to them before they went to bed during the show. Once the concert was over and the guys boarded the buses they were off to another stop on the tour.

The next day as they drove towards the next stop Nick and Haylie were in bed together while Sean and Ava slept.

“Baby,” said Haylie.

“Yeah,” replied Nick.

“What do you think about extending the family even more?” asked Haylie.

Nick turned quickly towards Haylie and asked, “What? Are you pregnant again baby?”

“No baby,” answered Haylie as Nick breathed a sigh of relief. “I was just thinking do you want more kids or not. Cause I wanted at least one or two more kids. I’ve always wanted a big family and all I had growing up was a sister.”

“Baby I don’t care if we have one, two, or even three more kids,” said Nick. “I’d be happy with anything that makes my baby happy and makes our family happy too. I mean I’d love to have another baby but I’d also like to have time off when we had more kids so I wouldn’t be scared like I was when Ava came early.”

“Baby I never said we’d have more kids now just in the future before Ava and Sean are too much older,” said Haylie. “Maybe in like the next year or so.”

“Baby its all up to you,” said Nick. “Lets just take it one day at a time. I love you.”

“I love you too,” said Haylie as Sean started to cry.

“I’ve got him,” said Nick as he got out of bed.

“Thanks babe,” said Haylie as Nick leaned down and kissed Haylie then went to go check on Sean.

As Sean quieted down and soon couldn’t be heard anymore in the back room Haylie feel asleep. When Haylie woke up an hour later they were still on the road and she was all alone in the back room. No Nick, no Ava, no Sean, no one around. Haylie then got up and walked out the room and into the front of the bus where Nick was with both Ava and Sean playing around and making them both laugh. Haylie couldn’t help but smile as she walked closer to them.

“Hey,” said Haylie.

“Hey,” said Nick.

“Mommy,” said Ava as she ran over to Haylie.

“Hey princess how are you?” asked Haylie.

“Good,” answered Ava as Haylie picked her up.

“So are you and Sean having a fun time with daddy?” asked Haylie.

“Uh huh,” said Ava as she shook her head yes.

Haylie put Ava on the ground and sat down with her and started to play with her as Nick joined and made Sean and Ava laugh. They had a great time and were truly a happy family.