- Text Size +

Six months later Ava was now 2 years old and Sean was 11 months old while Taylor and Avril had just turned 1 a couple days ago. Everyone was on vacation down in Florida for Sean’s birthday and was playing at the beach. Sean was just like his dad and loved the water. All he wanted to do when they went to the beach was be in the water with Haylie and Nick. Ava loved playing in the sand and building sand castles with Nick. Nick just loved spending time at the beach with his family.

The day of Sean’s birthday they were all gonna head out to the beach and then go eat at a place somewhere close by. They all met at Nick and Haylie’s then followed over towards the beach. As they got there they got out and grabbed all the stuff they needed and headed for the water.

“Babe you wanna grab Ava so I can get Sean,” said Haylie as they unloaded the SUV.

“Yeah sure let me just grab the cooler and some chairs from the trunk,” replied Nick.

“Ok,” said Haylie as she picked Sean up and walked over to Ava’s side of the SUV. “Come on baby lets unbuckle you and daddy will take your hand and walk with you to the beach.”

“Ok mommy,” said Ava as she got out of the SUV and grabbed Nick’s hand. As they walked onto the beach with the others people would occasionally glance over to see them walk by. They just kept walking until they found the perfect spot for them and then put their stuff down and relaxed.

“Hey Carrie feel like racing me to the water?” asked Haylie.

“Your on,” said Carrie as she passed Taylor to Howie. “Hold her while I beat Haylie’s butt.”

They ran off into the water and then Carrie turned to Haylie and said, “I so told you I’d beat you. I’m the winner.”

“So how about racing back,” said Haylie as they started off again.

“Oh your not gonna win,” said Carrie as Haylie beat her.

“Yeah right I just won,” said Haylie as they laughed.

“It’s a tie now,” said Carrie. “We’ll finish this later when I can catch my breath.”

“Fine its on later,” said Haylie.

“So who wants to go swimming?” asked Nick.

“Me, me, me,” said Ava jumping up and down at Nick’s feet.
“Ok lets go,” said Nick as he picked Ava up and ran for the water and got in.

“I wanna come too,” said Haylie as she picked up Sean who was sitting on the blanket they had put down.

“Don’t let me,” said Brian as Baylee ran behind him.

They soon were all in the water playing around having a blast. Before they knew it, it was getting late and everyone was getting hungry. They soon packed up all their stuff and headed out for a close by restaurant.

“So hope ya’ll like seafood cause I want some shrimp right now,” said Haylie as they walked into Red Lobster.

“Hi welcome to Red Lobster how many in your party today?” asked the hostess.

Haylie turned around to count and then answered, “12.”

“Ok,” said the hostess. “Can I have a name please?”

“Yes,” answered Haylie. “Put it under, umm, Nick.”

“Ok here’s a pager and we’ll page you when the table is ready,” said the hostess. “How many kids in your party?”

“5,” answered Haylie. “We’ll need 3 high chairs and 2 booster seats please.”

“Ok,” said the hostess. “We’ll go get your table set up as soon as we can.”

“Thanks,” said Haylie.

“Umm,” said the hostess as she went to go set the table.

“She’s gonna go set it up and page us when the table is ready,” said Haylie as she walked up to the group of people.

“Ok,” said Leighanne.

They talked for a few before the pager went off and they were seated.

“Hi I’ll be your waitress tonight,” said the waitress. “My name is Abby if you need anything. Can I start you all off with a drink or an appetizer?”

“I think we’ll just get our drinks right now,” said Nick. “I’ll have a dr. pepper.”

“Me too,” said Haylie. “And do you have apple juice?”

“Yes we do,” answered Abby.

“Ok then two for the kids,” said Haylie.

“I’ll take two too for my kids,” said Carrie. “And a sweet tea please.”

“A sweet tea too,” said AJ.

“Water,” said Howie.

“Dr. Pepper,” said Leighanne.

“Me too,” said Brian. “And a apple juice for him too.” Brian pointed to Baylee as he said that.

“Ok I’ll be right back with the drinks,” said Abby as she walked off.

“This all looks so good,” said Leighanne.

“I know it does,” said Howie as they all looked at the menu.

“I so know what I’m getting,” said Haylie as she placed her menu down.

“What re you getting then?” asked Nick.

“Coconut shrimp and a ceaser salad,” answered Haylie.

“Sounds good,” said Nick. “I think I’m gonna get the lobster and steak this time.”

They all talked about the food and what sounded good and soon Abby returned with their drinks and started getting their orders.

“I’ll take the coconut shrimp appetizer and a ceaser salad,” said Haylie. “And a kids popcorn shrimp for the kids please.”

“I’ll have the Lobster and shrimp,” said Nick. “with mash potatoes and a ceaser salad.”

“How would you like that cooked?” asked Abby.

“Medium please,” answered Nick.

They soon all ordered and their food soon arrived. They kept talking and having a fun time through out the whole meal and once done they headed back to Nick and Haylie’s. Once there it was starting to get really late and the kids were falling asleep so they all decided to leave one by one until it was just Nick, Haylie, Ava, and Sean left at the house.

“Babe you wanna help me put the kids to bed then we can go to our room,” said Haylie as she picked up Sean who was asleep on the couch next to Nick.

“Yeah sure,” said Nick as he picked up Ava who had fallen asleep on the floor next to where AJ had been seating earlier that night.

They headed up stairs into the two separate bedrooms and placed Ava and Sean into their cribs and kissed them good night then went to their room down the hall.

“Wow I so can’t believe our son is a year old today,” said Haylie as she walked into their room.

“I know he’s grown so fast,” said Nick.

“I love you,” said Haylie as she walked over to Nick and kissed him.

“I love you too,” said Nick as he kissed her back.

They laid down on the bed next to each other with Nick’s arms around Haylie as they watched TV. Nick soon started to kiss Haylie’s neck as Haylie turned around and started kissing Nick.

The next morning they woke up with Sean crying for them and Haylie got up and throw on Nick’s shirt and ran into his room and picked him up.

“Its ok Sean I’m here,” said Haylie as she rocked back and forth to calm him down. “Lets get you a new diaper and then some food that sound good.”

Haylie soon changed his diaper and then headed to the room next to Sean’s which was Ava’s room and saw her just waking up and looking at Haylie.

“Morning Ava,” said Haylie.

“Mommy,” said Ava.

“Lets get you into a new diaper and then go get some breakfast with your brother,” said Haylie as she placed Sean on the ground to get Ava out of her crib and then changed her diaper. “Ok time for us to now go get daddy up and then get some breakfast.” Ava heard that and took off running for Haylie and Nick’s room. As soon as she got there she tried to jump on the bed but couldn’t pull herself up as Haylie walked in she helped her up. Ava then bounced over to Nick and woke him up.

“Daddy, daddy,” said Ava with a big smile on her face.

“Hey morning,” said Nick as he woke up with a smile on his face.

“Hey,” said Haylie as she sat down with Sean on the other side of the bed. “You hungry?”

“I could go for something,” answered Nick as he kissed Haylie.

“Ava and Sean are hungry so lets go down stairs and get some breakfast,” said Haylie.

“Ok let me get dressed and I’ll be right down,” said Nick.

“Ok I’m gonna go make some cereal for the kids and grab me a waffle want anything?” asked Haylie.

“A waffle sounds good I’ll have two thanks,” answered Nick.

“Ok I’ll get them for you,” said Haylie as she kissed Nick then picked up the two kids and headed for the kitchen downstairs.

Soon Nick joined them downstairs dressed in a shirt and a pair of shorts.

“Here’s your food,” said Haylie as she handed Nick his plate.

“Thanks babe,” said Nick as he kissed Haylie and took his food and placed it on the table and grabbed a drink.

“So what do you want to do today?” asked Haylie as she put her food and drink on the table and sat down.

“Well everyone is going home today so how about we take the kids to the zoo or something,” answered Nick.

“That sounds fun,” said Haylie.

“They’ll have a blast seeing all the different animals here,” said Nick. “I haven’t been to the zoo in forever so this will be fun for us all.”

“Yeah it will,” said Haylie as they ate and continued to talk.

Once they were done they put they got ready and left for the zoo. Once there they got out and bought the tickets and walked inside.

“Ok what do you wanna see first Ava?” asked Haylie as she held Ava’s hand.

“Monkeys,” yelled Ava.

“Ok monkeys it is,” said Nick as he pushed Sean in his stroller.

“Can you pass me the camera Nick so I can take picture please?” asked Haylie.

“Sure here you go,” answered Nick as he gave Haylie the camera.

“Look Ava monkeys,” said Nick as he picked Ava up.

Haylie started taking pictures of Ava and Nick as they looked at the monkey’s and Ava smiled. Then Haylie picked up Sean so he could see the monkeys. Nick then took the camera and took pictures of Haylie and Sean as he looked at the monkeys.

“Ok where to now?” asked Nick.

“How about the bear and tigers,” said Haylie.

“Lions and tigers and bears oh my,” said Nick as they both laughed.

“Bears and tigers it is then,” said Haylie as they walked towards the tigers.

They soon saw all the animals in the park and Ava got to feed the giraffes and pet the goats. They had a fun felled day. They got home about 4:30 that day and put the kids both down for a nap.

“Wanna watch a movie while their out?” asked Nick as he put in a movie.

“Yeah sure what do you wanna watch?” replied Haylie.

“How about You, Me, and Dupree?” asked Nick.

“Oo sounds good,” answered Haylie as she sat down on the couch with Nick to watch the movie.