- Text Size +

“Nick!” yelled Haylie from the bathroom.

“Yeah,” said Nick as he walked in seeing Haylie sitting on the edge of the bath tube. Nick sat down next to Haylie. “So what’s it say?”

“We’re gonna have another baby,” said Haylie as she looked at the pregnancy test in her hand.

“Are you sure?” asked Nick.

“That’s what it says Nick,” replied Haylie looking at Nick.

“Well it could be wrong you know,” said Nick.

“Nick I’ve tried 3 different ones and all say the same thing,” said Haylie. “It looks like we’ll finally have a big family after all.”

“Yeah I guess so,” said Nick looking at Haylie as he smiled. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” said Haylie as they kissed.

“We’re gonna have another baby,” said Nick with a smile.

“Yeah we are,” said Haylie smiling too. “Lets call the doctor and make an appointment with her for either today or tomorrow.”

“Ok,” said Nick as he kissed Haylie again.

They soon made the appointment and went that day and found out that Haylie was 2 weeks pregnant. They couldn’t be more excited. They soon went to Haylie’s parents house to pick up Ava and Sean who were over there for the day. They told them the good news and were off back to their home. They had been back in Checotah now for a good month and were loving it. It was winter now and the new baby was due in September they couldn’t wait.

“So now that Ava’s 3 maybe we should get her a bed so we can use her crib for the new baby,” said Haylie as they walked into the house.

“Yeah we can get her a new one after the holiday’s,” said Nick.

“I was thinking maybe we could go to California for Christmas this year,” said Haylie. “I mean I haven’t been to the house there in months and I’d love to be at the beach too.”

“We can go back when ever you want,” said Nick as he walked up the stairs and into Ava’s room and Haylie walked into Sean’s room. They put the kids to sleep and went to their bedroom.

“So you up for having an early Christmas with my parents and then heading out to California the next day?” asked Haylie.

“Yeah whatever you want babe,” replied Nick as he went into the bathroom.

“Nick,” said Haylie as she walked in behind Nick.

“Yeah,” said Nick.

“When we get back to California,” said Haylie as she paused.

“Yeah,” said Nick.

“Lets tell the guys right away so we don’t have to hide it from them,” said Haylie. “I mean we hid the first one for a while.”

“Whatever you want,” said Nick. “We’ll tell everyone when your ready and only then.”

“Thanks babe,” said Haylie as she kissed Nick.

Haylie laid her head on Nick’s chest as Nick held her tight.

They soon walked into the bedroom and changed out of their clothes into something more comfortable. Haylie got into one of Nick’s shirts and jumped into bed and snuggled up close to Nick.

“So you gonna call your parents tomorrow and tell them about the early Christmas here?” asked Nick.

“Yeah and we can have the Christmas here either tomorrow night or the next night,” said Haylie. “I mean there’s only like 6 days till Christmas.”

“I can’t believe that,” said Nick. “6 more days. Wow.”

“I know,” said Haylie as she snuggled closer to Nick and fell asleep.

The next morning Nick was making breakfast while Haylie was getting the kids dressed and ready to go over to Haylie’s parent’s place.

“Honey stay still,” said Haylie to Ava who was moving all over the place while Haylie tried to get her dressed.

“Mommy look,” said Ava. “I can spin in this.” Ava spun around in her Christmas dress.

“Please baby stay still so I can just put on your pull ups and then your socks and shoes.”

“Ok mommy,” said Ava as she sat on the ground. “Pretty.”

“Yeah they are,” said Haylie as she stood Ava up and put her pull up on and then sat her down again and grabbed Ava’s socks. “Ok give me one of your feet.” Haylie put the socks on then the shoes and picked up Ava. “Ok you can go on down to daddy if you want now. I’m gonna go get your brother ready now.”

“Ok mommy,” said Ava as she ran out of her room and into the kitchen where Nick was.

“Now on to get your brother dressed,” said Haylie as she got up from the ground she was sitting on.

Haylie walked into Sean’s room and saw him standing in his crib waiting for her to come and get him.

“Hey big man,” said Haylie as she picked Sean up. “How’s my man today? You ready to get dressed and go see Grandma and Grandpa this afternoon?” Haylie walked over to Sean’s closet and grabbed out some clothes and changed and dressed Sean. Once done Haylie took Sean into her arms and went down towards the kitchen. As they got down the stairs Haylie put Sean on the floor so he could walk with Haylie holding onto her hand.

“Nick is Ava with you?” asked Haylie.

“Yeah she’s in here just talking up a storm,” replied Nick.

“Ok,” said Haylie as she walked closer to the kitchen with Sean. “Come on Sean lets go get daddy.”

As they got to the doorway of the kitchen Nick bent down and said, “come here.”

Haylie let go of Sean’s hand and he walked to Nick. Nick grabbed Sean and hugged him and picked him up.

“That’s my boy,” said Nick. “You hungry?”

Sean shook his head yes.

“Ok lets get you into your high chair and then food will be out soon,” said Nick. “Haylie can you take him and Ava and I’ll grab the food?”

“Yeah sure babe,” answered Haylie as she took Sean from Nick’s arm’s. “Come on Ava lets go sit down so we can eat then go to Grandma and Grandpa’s for an early Christmas.”

“Ok,” said Ava as she walked into the dinning room. Nick soon followed with plates and silverware and glasses. Then he soon returned with food and drinks.

“Looks great babe,” said Haylie.

“Thanks,” said Nick.

Soon they were done eating and on their way to Haylie’s parent’s house.

Once there they got out and Ava ran straight to Annie.

“Hey baby,” said Annie as she picked up Ava.

“Grandma,” yelled Ava.

“How’s my girl?” asked Annie.

“Great,” replied Ava. “Grandpa.”

“Hey girl,” said Jim as Annie past Ava to him and they walked into the other room while Annie helped bring in stuff from the car.

“Hey baby,” said Annie.

“Hey momma,” said Haylie.

“Let me take Sean for you,” said Annie.

“Thanks,” said Haylie.

“So how are ya’ll?” asked Annie.

“Great,” said Nick as they walked in the house.

“I’m just wanting to get the kids out to California for the winter cause its so cold here,” said Haylie.

“Yeah it is so cold here,” said Jim. “It might be better for them at this age to be in a warmer climate.”

“Yeah I know,” said Nick.

They continued to talk and soon opened gifts then had an early dinner and spent more time talking until Ava and Sean were passed out in Nick and Haylie’s arms. They soon left and went home and put them in their rooms then got ready to leave for California.

Once they had gotten to the airport the next day they ran into some fans who had recognized Nick while we were going to wait for our plane.

“Hi I’m sorry to interrupt but I was wondering if I could get a picture with you,” asked one fan.

“Yeah sure,” said Nick. “Haylie can you take Ava for a sec.”

“Yeah sure babe,” said Haylie as she grabbed Ava’s hand.

“Ok ready,” said Nick to the fan.

“Great,” said the fan as they took the picture. “Thanks. Oh and your kids are so cute.”

“Thanks,” said Nick. “Well I gotta go sorry I can’t stay around but I gotta get home.”

“Ok well thanks,” said the fan as Nick went and picked up Ava.

“Hungry?” asked Nick to Ava.

“Yeah,” replied Ava. “McDonald’s!”

“McDonald’s?” questioned Nick. “That’s what you want?”

“Yeah,” answered Ava looking at Nick with a big smile on her face.

“Ok then McDonald’s it is,” said Nick.

“Ok I think there’s one not to far from our gate,” said Haylie.

“Great,” said Nick as he put his free arm around Haylie’s waist and walked towards McDonald’s.

“I see it!” yelled Ava. “I see it!”

“Yeah honey I see it too,” said Haylie as they walked into the McDonald’s and got in line.

“May I help who’s next,” asked the lady behind the counter.

“Hi I’d like two chicken nuggets kids meals please,” said Haylie. “Both with apple juice to drink and a big mac no pickles or onions and a large sweet tea.”

“I’ll have a big mac too and a large sweet tea and medium fry,” said Nick.

“Ok is that all?” asked the lady.

“Yes please,” answered Nick.

“Your total is $15.50,” said the lady.

“Here you go,” said Nick as he passed a $20.

“Here’s your change and your receipt your food will be right up,” said the lady.

“Thanks,” replied Nick as he took Ava to go sit down with Haylie and Sean.

“Mommy guess what?” said Ava.

“What baby?” asked Haylie.

“I love you,” answered Ava.

“I love you too baby,” said Haylie as she leaned over and gave her a kiss.

The food soon was ready and Nick got it and brought it back to their table.

“Hungry?” asked Nick to Ava.

“Uh huh,” replied Ava as Nick placed her food in front of her and she started to eat it.

“Well then eat up,” said Haylie. “So who’s all out in California?”

“I think Carrie and AJ said they’d be there with the twins,” replied Nick.

“Great I’d love to see her and tell her the great news and all,” responded Haylie.

“I know Brian and Howie are gonna be with their families in other states,” said Nick.

“Ok we’ll tell them once we see them again,” said Haylie.

“We might not see them for a couple months you know that right since were on a break and all till like May,” said Nick.

“Yeah I know but I’d rather tell them in person then on the phone,” said Haylie. “Its just like me hearing about Carrie would have been a little upsetting if I had heard it over the phone.”

“Yeah I know what you mean,” said Nick. “I know you’ve gotten close to the girls on the tour and Carrie’s been your best friend since forever.”

“Thanks for understanding Nick,” said Haylie as she finished her big mac and so did Nick.

“You ready to go to the gate and wait for the plane?” asked Nick as they cleaned up.

“Yeah sure just let me get a refill and we can go,” answered Haylie. “Want one?”

“Yeah thanks babe,” replied Nick.

“No prob,” said Haylie as she grabbed Nick’s drink and walked to get a refill.

Nick grabbed the carry-on bag and then Sean into his arms and then grabbed Ava’s hand. They met up with Haylie who had the drinks in her hand and grabbed Ava’s hand and then passed Nick his drink.

“Thanks,” said Nick.

“Welcome,” replied Haylie as she kissed Nick. They walked towards the gate and Haylie stopped to buy a couple magazines for the flight. Then they went and sat down waiting for them to call for boarding. After about 10 minutes they called for them. Once on the plan they sat down in 1st class with the kids and got buckled up for the flight.

“Ready to go home?” asked Nick to Ava and Sean. They both nodded their heads.

“Great I am too,” said Haylie as she looked at them. “We’ll be home before you know it.”

“Mommy’s right just go to bed and before you know it well be there,” said Nick.

“YAY!” yelled Ava.

A couple hours later they were on the ground again and in California. The press was all over the place and taking pictures of any celebrity they saw. Of course fans stopped them but they didn’t care they were glad to be home with their kids. Haylie had Sean in her arms sound asleep and Nick had Ava. They walked over and called a cab they put Ava and Sean in their car seats with Haylie and Nick sitting in the back seat of the cab van they had flagged down.

Once home they got out and went inside and put Ava and Sean in their rooms. Once they put them in their rooms they went and changed out of what they had on into something more comfortable. Haylie had slipped into an old t-shirt of Nick’s and went into the kitchen and looked in the fridge.

“Babe?” yelled Haylie.

“Yeah baby,” yelled Nick from the other room.

“Were need ice cream and other food,” replied Haylie.

“Do you wanna go to the store or me?” asked Nick as he walked down the stairs. Just then the doorbell rang. Haylie walked over and opened the door.

“Hi,” said the girl on the other side of the door.

“Hi,” replied Haylie as she hugged the girl on the other side.

“Is Nick here?” she asked.

“Yeah let me get him come on in,” said Haylie as she opened the door more. “Nick can you come here?”

“Yeah baby be right there,” yelled Nick from the kitchen.

“Nick your sister’s here,” Haylie yelled back.

Nick walked into the room and saw his sister and said, “wow how long has it been since I’ve seen you?”

“I don’t know,” replied Angel.

“How are you?” asked Nick.

“Great you?” answered Angel.

“Great,” replied Nick.

“How are the kids?” she asked.

“Great,” Haylie answered. “And we’ve got a third on the way.”

“Oh my gosh congrats,” Angel replied with a smile.

While they were talking their was a knock at the door and Nick answered it this time to see the other siblings there.

“What are ya’ll all doing here?” asked Nick.

“We came to surprise you for the holiday’s since we all happen to be in town and had a feeling you’d be here too,” replied Aaron as he gave Nick a hug. “And we wanted to see this growing family of yours.”

“Hey guys,” smiled Haylie as everyone walked in and gave her a hug. “Its great to see ya’ll but I’m gonna go through on some more clothes I’ll be right back.”

Haylie walked away and left the siblings all to talk and have fun together while Haylie ran upstairs and put on her shirt and a pair of shorts. She soon returned to them, but not before she checked in on Ava and Sean who were still taking their naps.

“Back,” said Haylie walking into the room.

“Hey they still asleep?” asked Nick.

“Yeah their out for a little longer probably,” answered Haylie.

“Great I’ll go check on them in a few again,” said Nick.

“Ok,” said Haylie. “Would ya’ll like to go into the living room and sit and talk?”

“Sure,” said Leslie as they all walked into the living room and sat on the couch.

As they sat down Aaron saw a picture of Nick, Haylie, Ava, and Sean and grabbed it off the shelf it was on.

“Are these the kids?” asked Aaron.

“Yeah,” replied Haylie. “Sean’s 18 months and Ava’s 3 now.”

“Wow they’ve gotten big since the last picture I saw of them,” replied Aaron.

“Sorry for there being little Christmas stuff out we just got in from Checotah,” Nick informed his siblings.

“Why were you there?” asked BJ,

“We have a place there and I’m from Checotah, Oklahoma,” replied Haylie.

“Oh yeah I remember now,” said BJ.

“I just wanted to come back here cause its nicer and warmer for the kids,” Haylie stated. “And I wanted to tell everyone the good news in person this time.”

“What good news?” asked Leslie.

“We’re gonna have another baby,” answered Nick with a smile.

“I’m due in September,” Haylie added.

“Oh my gosh that’s awesome,” stated BJ. “Congrats.”

“Thanks,” Nick and Haylie said at the same time.

Chapter End Notes:
Please leave a comment I'd love to know what you think. Thanks.