- Text Size +
They soon arrived in Oklahoma City and got all their stuff and headed towards the car.
“Man I can’t believe we’re home,” said Carrie. “We so gotta go take everyone out to eat when we get back so we can talk about our trip.”
“Yeah you call your folks and I’ll call mine,” said Haylie. “Then we can go to get pizza tonight how does that sound?”
“That sounds great,” said Carrie. “I’ll call my folks once we’re on the road home.”
“Yeah me too,” said Haylie. They got to the car and put their boxes in the trunk and what could fit of their suit cases too and what couldn’t fit into the backseat. They got into the car and as soon as Haylie turned on the car her CD was playing and was blasting. Both girls jumped and then started singing along.
“Some hearts
They just get all the right breaks
Some hearts have the stars on their side
Some hearts,
They just have it so easy
Some hearts just get lucky sometimes
Some hearts just get lucky, lucky sometimes”
They started off for home and once the song finished they turned down the music and started calling their folks. Once they had called them and some other of their family like their siblings they were finally getting close to town so their favorite radio station could be heard. They changed it to the radio and as they did Carrie turned it up as their hair blew in the wind and they sang along.
“I had a barbeque stain on my white tee shirt
She was killing me in that miniskirt
Skippin’ rocks on the river by the railroad tracks
She had a suntan line and red lipstick
I worked so hard for that first kiss
And a heart don’t forget something like that”
Soon they got back home and in a about an hour and a half they would be going to an early dinner with their family at the pizza place they loved. They got out of the car and grabbed their purses and took their suit cases and ran inside each of their apartments. They dropped their stuff off and ran to get more until it was all out of the car. They soon were in Haylie’s apartment going through their boxes sorting out who’s stuff was who’s. Once done Haylie helped Carrie take hers across the hall to her apartment. They sat in her apartment and decided they’d listen to some music and dance around and get ready so they could go out to eat in about half an hour.
Soon it was time to go and they were heading out. They took Carrie’s car this time since they had used Haylie’s so much. She had a cute little punch buggy convertible. They got in and put down the top and turned up the radio and sang along just like always as they went down the street. They finally made it to the pizza place and just as they put up the top and Carrie turned off the car and Haylie’s cell phone began to ring.
Haylie said, “Hello.”
“Hey,” said Nick.
“Hey how are you?” asked Haylie.
“Good just bored without you both here,” answered Nick. “And so is AJ.” They both laughed.
“Aww I’m sorry,” said Haylie. “Wish I was back there too with you and I know Carrie feels the same. Well I’m sorry I gotta run like this, but I’m at that great pizza place I told you about going to have dinner with my family.” she paused for a second. “If you were here I’d invited all of ya’ll to come but your in New York City.”
“Yeah I know,” said Nick. “Well I’ll let you go. I’ll talk to you later. Bye”
“Bye,” was the last thing Haylie said before they both hung up.
Haylie and Carrie soon walked into the pizza place and got a room for all their family and waited for them all to get there. One by one they walked in. Soon everyone was there and we were gonna order pizza. I had to order my favorite and then whatever everyone else wanted. My parents bought dinner that night for all of us. Soon we were laughing and carrying on. Then out of nowhere two guys walked in and Haylie stopped what she was doing and just looked at him.
Soon everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at the two men that had walked into the room and saw Haylie and Carrie smile. It just lit up the room. They got up and walked over to the guys.
“What are you doing here I thought you were in New York,” asked Haylie.
“Yeah well when I talked to you I was in Oklahoma City on my way here cause I couldn’t stand being away from you for some reason,” answered Nick. “I don’t know what it is about you but there’s something about you that I like.” They just stood there and the next thing they know they were kissing and everyone around them was clapping and whistling. They soon backed away from each other and just looking at each other in the eyes. No one could break them apart not even Haylie’s mom or Carrie.
They soon seat down and introduced the guys.
“Everyone this is Nick and this is AJ,” said Haylie. “We met them in New York City when we won the tickets to the concert we told you about. Nick accidentally ran into me while I was going around talking to the performers backstage.”
The night went on and soon they were going back home because it was 9 p.m. now. They all said their good bye and left. Carrie, Haylie, AJ, and Nick all walked to the parking lot and were the last of the group to leave. Since Carrie had her car and Nick rented one I decided to go with Nick to make sure he got back to my place fine and AJ went with Carrie.
They all got into their cars and Haylie turned to Nick.
“Want me to drive since I kinda know this place better then you?” asked Haylie.
“Yeah sure,” said Nick as he got out of the car and opened Haylie’s door. By now Carrie and AJ had already started to head home.
“Thank you,” Haylie said as Nick grabbed her hand and helped her out. She walked around and got in and buckled in and turned on the car to go back home.
Meanwhile Carrie was turning down the radio since it was blasting Brad Paisley’s song ‘Ticks’. They jumped when they turned on the car and drove home just talking about the small town life and everything about the little town they were in.
Back with Nick and Haylie, Haylie had just left the parking lot and started to drive to her place. “You need some music on in this car and it need to be good music lets see what’s on the radio,” said Haylie. Just then her favorite song was on and she turned it and started singing and swaying as she drove.
“Well, Up in the backwoods, down in the holler
old boy feeling like a dog on a colla
Keep that chain hold tight
waiting on saturday night
Put on the smell good
Put on Skynyrd
Head into town like a nascar winner
cruisin back and forth to the tasty freeze
everywhere you look all you see is

Hillbilly Deluxe, Slick pick up Trucks
Big Timing in a small town
stirring it up right about sundown
Black Denim and Chrome to the bone
With a little homegrown
Country Girl Cuddled Up
Hillbilly deluxe”
Nick looked over at her as she sang and smiled. He loved how she could lit up the entire car with the way she smiled and sang. They soon arrived at Haylie’s apartment complex and Haylie parked right next to Carrie’s car where there was an empty parking spot.
“That’s my baby right there,” said Haylie as she pointed to her mustang that was right next to Carrie’s car. “And up here is my place. And right across is Carrie’s place where AJ and Carrie are probably.” Haylie unlocked the door and walked in.
“Cute place,” said Nick. “It really feels homely.”
“Thanks I love it here,” said Haylie. “I love having Carrie right across the hall and having this place all to myself.” Haylie paused as she looked around the room. “Let me show you around.”
“Ok,” said Nick. “Lets go look around.”
They started out walking into the hallway towards her room and her office room. “This is my office in here where my laptop goes once I get it out of the case. And across the hall is my master bedroom and bathroom,” said Haylie as they walked into the room. “Lets go downstairs and you can see my other rooms down there.” hey walked down the stairs into a big room with a coach and a tv and bean bags every where. “This is my entertainment room. I love coming in here and watching tv and movies and just relaxing. Next through this door is the guest room I have when my sister and brother-in-law come into town to see me and the family or whenever my friends want to come over and its too late for them to go home. Also through this door over here is the bathroom and over there that door leads to my laundry room where my washer and drier is.”
Just as they finished their tour they heard the door open upstairs and Carrie yelled, “Haylie you here.”
“Yeah, me and Nick are downstairs come on down,” Haylie yelled back. Soon they saw AJ and Carrie walking down the stairs towards them.
“Hey guys,” said Carrie.
“Hey,” said Haylie. “ I was just showing Nick around the place. Do you wanna watch a movie or something?”
“Sure sounds fun,” said AJ.
“Great lets see what we have,” said Haylie as they walk over to the tv and look at the movies. “What do you wanna see?”
“Lets see what you got,” said Nick.
“We have ‘The Break-Up’. Lets see what else we have,” Haylie paused for a second then went on. “’Hitch’, ummm ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’. And what else might you guys like.” Haylie paused again and went on, “Win A Date With Tad Hamilton! What do you wanna watch?”
“Well lets see which one sounds the best,” said AJ.
“How about ‘Hitch’ I haven’t seen it in forever and would love to see it,” said Nick.
“Ok then ‘Hitch’ it is anyone disagree,” asked Haylie. No one said anything so Haylie out it in and turned off the lights and sat on the couch with Nick while AJ and Carrie were on the love seat.
“Anyone want anything while I got get my blanket before the movie starts,” asked Haylie as she started towards the stairs.
“I’ll take a drink if you got something,” said AJ.
“ Yeah is Dr. Pepper ok with you?” asked Haylie.
“Yeah that’s great with me,” said AJ.
“Can I have one too please,” said Nick.
Just then Carrie got up and walked towards Haylie. “I’ll help you,” Carrie said. “I wanna get me something to drink too and a blanket too.”
“Ok,” said Haylie. “Lets go get them. Anything else guys?” They nodded their heads no and the girls walked off upstairs. They got the drinks and went off to get the blankets.
“Can you believe who we have in my home,” said Haylie as she grabbed the blankets out of her closet.
“I know and I’m starting to like AJ a lot it seems like,” said Carrie. They soon left the room and walked back downstairs with their drinks and the blankets just as the tv had the main menu on it for the movie. They sat down and the guys said both said thanks for the drinks and Haylie started the movie.
As the movie went on Nick put his arm around Haylie. Almost at the end of the movie Haylie had fallen asleep on the couch with her feet now on Nick’s lap they had moved over there on their own while she was sleeping. Once the movie was over Nick picked up Haylie and took her up to her room and laid her in her bed.
“Why don’t you stay here Nick down in the guest room I don’t think she’ll mind,” said Carrie. “And AJ if you want you can either stay here with Nick or I got an extra room at my place you can sleep at.”
“I think I’ll stay over in your guest room so Nick can have his own room,” said AJ as he yawned. “Well I’m getting tired and I need to run out to the car and grab my stuff.”
“Yeah me too,” said Nick. “Can you stay here for a few while we run down and get our stuff and we’ll be right back we promise.”
“Sure,” said Carrie. “Hurry up.” After Carrie said that the guys ran off and got their stuff and came right back. “Well I’m gonna go to bed we’ll see you tomorrow Nick be safe and lock the door.”
“Ok I will,” said Nick. “I’ll see you both in the morning be safe.”
“We will,” said AJ. “Night.” They walked out the door and Nick locked it as they walked across the hall to Carrie’s place and she unlocked the door. They walked in and said goodnight to each other and walked off to their rooms. AJ walked down the stairs as Carrie walked down the hall. They soon both fell fast asleep.
The next morning they all woke up very refreshed and relaxed. Nick was the first up at Haylie’s place and decided he’d see what all she had for food, but since she had just gotten back from a two week trip she had nothing in her refrigerator or in her cabinets. Soon after he woke up Carrie woke up at her place and decided to go downstairs to see if AJ was up and he was he was watching tv when she walked into the entertainment room at her house.
“Hey you,” Carrie said as she got to the bottom of the stairs.
“Hey,” said AJ. “I hope you don’t mind I got up and there was nothing to do so I decided to watch tv.”
“I don’t care,” said Carrie. “Anything good on?”
“Not really,” answered AJ.
“Oh ok,” replied Carrie. “You getting hungry like I am?”
“Yeah,” answered AJ. “Lets go over to Haylie’s and see if they wanna go get something to eat.”
“Great idea,” said Carrie as AJ got up and walked over to Carrie. Carrie turned around and walked up the stairs towards Haylie’s place. Once they got there they knocked on the door and Haylie answered it still in the clothes from last night she fell asleep in.
“Morning,” said Haylie.
“Morning” said Carrie. “Would ya’ll mind going out to eat today?”
“We’d love to,” said Haylie. “There’s nothing to eat here.”
They went off to a local restaurant to have breakfast and then took a trip to the flea market in town for the day. They had a great time and didn’t want it to end but the girls started school again for the fall classes which would be their last semester in a week and needed to get ready. They stopped at Wal-Mart on their way home so they could pick up some miner things they needed for class.
“When do you guys go back to New York or wherever you are next?” asked Carrie.
“We have to be back in Florida in two days to start the practice for the upcoming fall tour that we’re gonna start,” said Nick.
“Cool,” said Haylie. “I bet you’ll have fun and meet a lot of really nice girls while your out on tour.”
“Yeah but we don’t care about that when you got someone else that is more special to you somewhere else,” said nick as he looked into Haylie’s eyes.
They stayed locked into each others eyes as AJ and Carrie came back into the car which shook them out of their stair.
"Hey you two ready to go back home?" asked Haylie.
"Yeah lets go," said Carrie.