- Text Size +

The next morning Haylie got up to the smell of maple bacon and coffee. Haylie walked into the kitchen and walked up to Nick and kissed him. "Morning," said Haylie.
"Morning," said Nick. "You hungry?"
"Yeah it smells good," answered Haylie. "So when are we off to Oklahoma today?"
"As soon as I call the airlines," answered Nick.
"Ok,' said Haylie. They soon ate breakfast and Nick washed the dishes as Haylie went and packed up her clothes. As soon as Nick was done he went and grabbed his cell phone and called the airlines and got packed. Soon they were off to Oklahoma to go tell Haylie's family the great news. While at the airport Haylie called Carrie and AJ and her sister Sara while Nick called Howie, Kevin, and Brian.
"Hello," said Carrie as she answered her cell phone.
"Hey," said Haylie.
"Hey you how are you?" asked Carrie.
"Great just called to tell you something," answered Haylie.
"Oh yeah what's that?" asked Carrie.
"Ok are you sitting down?" asked Haylie.
"Yeah," answered Carrie.
"Ok great," said Haylie. "I'm getting married!"
"Oh my gosh you are," yelled Carrie. "To who?" Carrie said as she laughed.
"Oh to no one just," Haylie paused. "AJ." They started playing around.
"Oh really," said Carrie. "Well I'll have to talk to him about that one."
"Ok you do that," said Haylie as they laughed.
"Congratulations," said Carrie when they stopped laughing finally.
"Thanks," said Haylie. "I was so shocked when it happened. I thought he was going to the restroom but he said he wasn't when I asked him so I thought he was just pulling up his pants, but then all of a sudden he dropped down to his knee and asked me to marry him."
"Aww that’s so sweet," said Carrie.
"Well I gotta get going I gotta call Sara and tell her and then we're heading off back home to tell my parents so if they call don't tell them anything," said Haylie. "Don't even tell them I'm coming home. Oh and when you tell AJ tell him not to tell Johnny cause Nick wants to do that later."
"Ok I promise I won't," said Carrie. "Congratulations again. Love ya bye."
"Bye," said Haylie as they both hung up the phone.
Both Haylie and Nick called all they wanted to and made sure they didn't tell Haylie's parents or Johnny.
They soon got onto the plane heading to Oklahoma. Once there they rented a car and drove to Checotah. As soon as they got there they went straight to Haylie's parents place.
They got out of the car as soon as they pulled up and Nick grabbed Haylie's hand as they walked to the door. Haylie rang the doorbell as her mom walked to the door.
The door opened and Haylie said, "Hey mom."
"Haylie," said Haylie's mom Annie. "What are you doing here?"
"I came to visit and I brought Nick with me," replied Haylie as she hugged her mom and walked in the house. "Where's daddy?"
"He's out back let me go get him," said Annie.
"No let me," said Haylie. "You and Nick can just stay here and I'll be right back with him." Haylie then walked to the backyard to get her dad.
"Hey daddy," said Haylie.
"Baby," said her dad Jim as he turned around to her voice and walked over to hug her. "What are you doing here?"
"I came to visit," said Haylie. "You gotta come inside I brought Nick." She pulled her dad into the house and into the living room where Nick and Annie were sitting and talking.
"Hey I got him," said Haylie.
"Yeah I guess you did," said Annie. "So how long are you both here for?"
"Until tomorrow then we head off to California for some more work," answered Haylie.
"Oh ok," said Annie. "But tonight you must stay and have dinner with us since your home."
"Ok that sounds great," said Haylie as she looked at her parents then at Nick who was being so quite. "Mom, daddy we've have something to tell you."
"Ok what's that hunny?" asked Jim.
Haylie looked at Nick as he looked at her, then Haylie looked at her parents. "We're gonna have," Haylie paused as she looked back at Nick.
"Don't tell me your gonna have a baby," said Jim.
"No daddy I wouldn't break my promise to my mom," said Haylie shocked at what her dad had just said. "I was gonna say we're gonna have a wedding to plan cause I'm engaged." Haylie stuck her hand out towards her parents and showed them the ring.
"Oh my gosh look Jim our baby girl is getting married," said Annie shocked.
"Yeah mom I am," said Haylie. "I just had to come here and tell you in person. We booked the first flight we could here after we woke up this morning and had breakfast."
"Aww baby thanks for coming home to tell us," said Annie. "Does Carrie know?"
"Yeah I called her on the way to the airport and Sara too cause I had to tell them," answered Haylie.
"Where is she?" asked Annie.
"She’s in Orlando or California I didn’t ask her exactly but she’s gonna be in California by the end of the week with AJ," answered Haylie.
"Nick come with me I wanna show you something out back," said Jim as he got up from his seat. Nick soon got up from his seat and followed his future father-in-law. They went out to the backyard and talked while Haylie and Annie sat in the living room talking.
"Now you know she’s m baby girl?" ask Jim to Nick.
"Yes sir," said Nick.
"Call me Jim I’ll be your father-in-law soon you know it," said Jim. "Your marrying my baby girl in there. I love her with all I am and if you do anything to hurt her I’ll personally come after you and make you pay. Now that we got that straight welcome to the family boy." Jim grabbed Nick and hugged him. Nick knew he had nothing to worry about cause he knew he would never do anything like he did before.
"Thanks Jim," said Nick. "Its great to finally be apart of such a loving and caring family like this one since I didn’t grow up in such a home like Haylie."
"Well that’s just great to have you in this family then," said Jim. "Now lets get back in and get some food cause I’m hungry. How about you?"
"Yes I am," said Nick as they walked in and met up with Haylie and Annie.
Soon dinner was over and Nick and Haylie were on their way to Haylie’s place. Once there they went down to the entertainment room and sat there with the TV on and talking about the wedding.
"I don’t want anything too small, but not too big either," said Haylie. "You know what I mean?"
"Yeah you mean like your friends and family and my friends and family," said Nick. "Only the really close ones."
"Yeah that’s what I was meaning," said Haylie. "I knew you knew what I meant and that’s one of the reasons I said yes to marrying you." Nick leaned in and kissed her and then they turned their attention back onto the wedding.
"Ok I want something special like a wedding here in Checotah," said Haylie. "What do you think?"
"Sounds great and like no one will find us," said Nick.
"Yeah I know but we gotta tell the media that we’re getting married at least," said Haylie.
"Yeah your right but you come up with the statement since your good at writing and all," said Nick.
"Ok I will," responded Haylie. "Now onto the honeymoon where are we gonna go?"
"I don’t care its up you cause I want it to be perfect for you," said Nick.
"Ok I was thinking of maybe an island," said Haylie.
"Like where?" asked Nick.
"Like maybe we could borrow someone’s private island cause I just wanna get away with my man," said Haylie. "I just want it to be beautiful and just you and me there." Haylie leaned over and kissed Nick passionately as Haylie leaned Nick down to lay on the couch. Haylie soon placed her head on Nick’s chest and just laid there listening to his heart race as she thought of what her wedding was going to be like. She soon drifted off and Nick soon picked her up and took her to her room and dropped her off and went back to his room. He soon was out for the night. The next few weeks would go by so quickly for them both without them knowing it.