- Text Size +

Haylie had never been this nervous about anything in her whole life until now. Haylie and Nick were going to be on the cover of People magazine talking about their relationship and why they kept it so quite until now. They also talked about how they met and everything else.
Haylie was going shopping with Carrie and Leighanne in LA on the day it was coming out. The girls were going wedding dress shopping. Haylie loved going shopping for the perfect wedding dress. Haylie had always heard Vera Wang was the best wedding dress designer ever. So that was the girls first and only stop. Vera Wang had the perfect dress for Haylie. It stood up all by itself and was so beautiful. It reminded Carrie and Haylie of Jessica Simpson’s wedding dress when she married Nick Lachey. The bridesmaid and maid of honor’s dresses were red floor length form fitting gowns.
They soon finished picking out a wedding dress when they walked out the store and walked down the street to grab lunch at an outdoor type sandwich shop. While there the press wouldn’t leave them alone since Haylie was there and all. Haylie hated this much attention and she was starting to kinda freak out but Haylie didn’t want to show the press she was freaking out. Soon the girls left and went shopping at a baby store for clothes for Baylee and when they came out people were yelling questions asking if it was her who was having a baby or something. They were all holding a bag from the store because Leighanne had bought so many cute outfits for Baylee. The girls just ignored the press and walked on.

Months later it was now almost time for the wedding which would take place on April 22nd in Checotah, Oklahoma at a friends place there. Nick had all his friends and family coming and Haylie had all hers. They were both excited to finally be married in just a matter of weeks. They were set to fly home on the 2nd to make sure all the last minute things were perfect. They even got a singer for the wedding. One of Nick’s friends from back in the day Christina Aguilera planned to sing there for them. Haylie thought she was the nicest girl ever that she had met in Hollywood. Also Haylie loved Michael Buble so they got him to agree to come. And also coming was her two friends she met in New York that she talked to on the phone a lot and on the internet, Haylie and Hilary Duff. Haylie was so excited they were coming because they were the ones who took them out to eat which made them get back just in time to run into Nick while going to get a drink. They also had a bunch of other big named celebrities coming to their wedding but that wasn’t what they cared about. What they really cared about was getting married finally and being together forever.
April 2nd came and Nick and Haylie flew up to Checotah just liked they planned and stayed at Haylie’s place. The next day they were there they went down to the bakery to get someone to make them a wedding cake. Haylie wanted a marble wedding cake with vanilla icing. They picked out the most perfect wedding cake. Haylie had her dress flown in and kept it at her parents house so Nick couldn’t find it. They also kept the bridesmaids and maid of honor’s dresses along with all the tuxes and flower girl and ring barer outfits.
Soon all the people started coming to town and they had no place to stay so we had to split some people up with others. Like some stayed at Haylie’s and then at Carrie’s and at Haylie’s parents and Carrie’s parents places since they were so big and at some local friends places. Those who were lucky got the only rooms available in Checotah for that time of year.
It was now April 18th and the night of the rehearsal dinner. They were going to go and practice the ceremony at the lake on Haylie’s friend’s farm. They were suppose to be there by 3 so they could have enough light to practice more then once. Once there we had to get everyone quitted down so we could get it over with by 6 so we could go eat. The rehearsal went great and everyone did like they were told. Soon it was all over and they all went to eat.
The next few days went by so quickly and the next thing everyone knew it was the 20th and the girls and guys both had party’s planned for each Nick and Haylie. Haylie and the girls had a girls night that was gonna be so much fun. They were going to the local club and gonna have some fun on the last night that Haylie would have free before getting married. The guys took Nick to another club where they had fun on Nick’s last night as a free man. They all had a blast and came home wild and crazy. The next night on the 21st Nick stayed with the guys at Haylie’s because it was a tradition that they not see each other before the wedding and Haylie stayed at her parent’s. Nick had the tuxes brought over so they would have them for the next day. The bridesmaids and maid of honor stayed with Haylie and they had a movie night. They watched both ‘Father of the Brides’ and both ‘Legally Blondes’ and then either talked or fell asleep one by one. The groomsmen and best man where over with Nick watching movies like ‘The Longest Yard’ and ‘Dumb and Dumber’. They were having a blast watching all these comedies and soon one by one they fell asleep.

The next morning the guys woke up and just messed around because they didn’t have to start getting ready until 3 that afternoon since they had to be at the lake at 5:30 p.m. The girls on the other hand woke up and ate breakfast then started getting ready. The first thing they did was head down to the beauty shop to get their hair done. They looked so pretty once done. The next thing was their finger nails and toe nails. They were looking so pretty. Around 4 they got into their dresses and got their make up on. Soon it was 5:30 and almost time to walk down the isle. The girls made their way to the lake and got there just at the right time. The bridesmaids came out of the first limo and were greeted by the groomsmen who were gonna walk down the isle with them. Nick watched at the alter. Soon another limo pulled up and it had Sara and Haylie and Jim in it. Sara got out and took Aaron‘s, Nick’s best man, hand. They walked down the isle and once there the music changed and Jim stepped out the limo and as he did Nick took a deep breath and let it out. Then Haylie got out of the limo and everyone stood up. Haylie looked just like a princess from any fairy tale you’ve ever read. She walked down the isle and once there they exchanged vows and then it came the best part the end. Almost everyone was crying tears of joy by this time. The pastor who was an old friend of Haylie’s turned to everyone there and said, "With the power invested in me and the great state of Oklahoma I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." As he said that Nick kissed Haylie with the most passionate kiss they ever shared. Then the pastor said as they broke from each other, "I now present to you Mr. and Mrs. Nickolas Gene Carter." Everyone went crazy as Nick grabbed Haylie and lifted her off her feet and ran down the isle.
After Nick and Haylie left the farm in their limo everyone else left for the reception. Nick and Haylie sat in the limo making out as the driver drove them to a spot on the farm where they were taking pictures. As soon as the pictures were taken Nick and Haylie were back in the limo making out again. Soon they arrived at the reception and Haylie checked her make-up and then they got out first Nick then helped out Haylie. The walked in as the announcer said, "Please help me welcome the new Mr. and Mrs. Nickolas Gene Carter." Everyone cheered and clapped as they walked in hand-in-hand. They went and sat down at the table and ate dinner. They soon started dancing and then it was time for the first dance as husband and wife. Nick and Haylie were going to dance to Michael Buble's song 'The Way You Look Tonight' as their first dance together as husband and wife. Then when it came time for Haylie and her dad to dance the sound guy put on Tim McGraw's 'My Little Girl' and they danced away. Soon everyone was dancing and Now Christina Aguilera was going up to sing. She sang 'Ain't No Other Man' as Nick and Haylie danced together. Soon it was time to cut the cake. after that they danced more. All the singers at the party got up and sang. Hilary and Haylie Duff got up and sang 'With Love' and then the guys got up and sang a couple songs that they wanted to sing. The reception was soon coming to an end. Haylie grabbed all the single women together and threw the bouquet of flowers in her hands. Then after that Nick sat Haylie down on a chair and took off her garter belt and throw it behind him. Carrie caught Haylie's bouquet and AJ caught the garter belt. It usually says who's gonna be married next so everyone laughed when they saw who got it. Nick and Haylie were soon ready to start their honeymoon so they said goodbye and everyone watched and threw rice at them as they got into the limo and headed for a private island.