- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

"Baby you ok you don't look so good?" asked Nick as he walked into the kitchen to make some lunch.
"Yeah I'm fine just a little tired that's all," Haylie answered. "Maybe I should just go take a nap."
"Yeah why don't you just go take a nap and we can go out another time to the park," said Nick.
"You sure cause we can still go if you want I don't really need the nap right now," replied Haylie.
"No baby you need your rest just go get some sleep and we can go out for some food later," insisted Nick.
"Alright," Haylie said as she gave in and walked up towards their room. She laid on the bed and soon feel fast asleep.
When she woke up 4 hours later she was really hungry and wanted dinner.
"Babe," yellied Haylie from the bed.
"Yeah," Nick yelled back.
"You hungry?" asked Haylie.
"If you are we can go grab a bite to eat," answered Nick as he walked into the bedroom and sat on the bed. "You sure your ok cause you look like you don't feel good."
"I'm fine I feel better now having that long nap but I don't know if I'll be able to sleep anytime soon," answered Haylie.
"Ok well if you don't feel good at anytime just tell me and I'll get anything you need," replied Nick.
"Thanks babe I knew I could always count on you," said Haylie.
"Hey that's what husbands are suppose to do," noted Nick as he kissed Haylie.

A few days went by and Haylie started to get more tired and started to ache everytime she went to go run or bend over. Nick had to fly out to Orlando for a few days for a business meeting so he left Haylie at home to rest up and get better. It was just her and Maddie there until he returned and she had started to throw up at random moment during the morning and at night. She had no clue what she could be coming down with.
One of the days she was home alone she decided to call up Carrie who she hadn't seen since after she had gotten Maddie. AJ had gone with Nick to Orlando and left Carrie to help keep an ear out just incase Haylie need her. They decided that they were gonna go out to lunch at Mr. Chows that day and then some shopping afterwards.
Once they met up and got seated at Mr. Chows they started asking how each other was and what was going on in their lives.
"Oh my gosh something smells really bad," interuppeted Haylie.
"I don't really smell anything bad," noted Carrie. "You sure your ok?"
"Yeah just I've been getting a little worse," answered Haylie.
"What do you think you have?" asked Carrie.
"I don't know maybe the flu but then again it doesn't really seem like the flu," replied Haylie.
"Could you be you know?" asked Carrie.
"Could I be what?" Haylie questionally looked at Carrie. "You mean pregnant?"
"Yeah I mean you have a lot of the signs," replied Carrie. "Have you been you know late?"
"I don't know I haven't really been keeping track," thought Haylie.
"How could you not know?" shockingly asked Carrie.
"I just never kept up really or wrote it down," replied Haylie. "Maybe I could be you know pregnant."
"Well how about we go and check after lunch to see if you are," Carrie suggested.
Just then "The Way You Look Tonight" started playing and Haylie looked down at her purse and grabbed her cell phone. She knew who it was just by the song. It was Nick. What was she gonna say to him. Oh hi baby we might be pregnant. She couldn't just say that over the phone she just had to remain calm and talk to him like nothing is wrong.
"Hey baby," answered Haylie..
"Hey," responded Nick. "You feeling better?"
"Yeah somewhat I'm just having lunch with Carrie right now," replied Haylie.
"Oh ok well I just called to see how you were doing and to tell you I miss you," Nick noted.
"I miss you too," Haylie added. "I can't wait for you to be home. I love you."
"Love you too," replied Nick. "Have fun with Carrie. Bye."
"I will bye," Haylie said as she hung up. "Oh my gosh what am I gonna do about Nick? I can't keep this from him he's gonna know if I am pregnant."
"So if you are you tell him," replied Carrie. "Lets just finish our lunch and then we can head over to Wal-Mart or Walgreens and pick up some tests ok."
"Ok," agreed Haylie.
All through out the rest of the time they were at Mr. Chows all Haylie could think of is what if she was pregnant. She was so scared at how she wasn't really ready and perpared for a child but if she was pregnant she could learn. How would Nick react kept coming up in her mind too. She just couldn't have him run out on her or leave her if she was in deed pregnant.

After lunch they had gone to Wal-Mart and bought a bunch of different test just to make sure they were all right and none of them were wrong.
"Hey can we go to your place?" asked Haylie. "I just don't want Nick to have wanted to suprise me with coming home early since I knew his meeting was the other day and he said he was gonna go see some of the family but you never know."
"Sure," answered Carrie. "I don't think they'll be home though today."
"You never know Nick he can suprise anyone," Haylie noted as they drove on.
Soon they were at AJ and Carrie's place. They got out and took the test into the first bathroom they could find on the bottom floor of the house.
"Ok lets open these test all up and then find out what we have to do and then I'dd do my thing," said Haylie nerviously.
Then next thing they both knew they were waiting for the time to pass so they could see what the test said. They were both sitting on the edge of the tube watching the clock. It seemed like time went by so slowly and like they were the longest 5 minutes in their lives. Soon it was up and they grabbed the first test.
"I can't look," Haylie said as she closed her eyes.
"You have to look," replied Carrie. "You wanna know right?"
"Yeah but I don't know if I can look at it or not," Haylie said again.
"Well come on be brave we'll both look at it at the same time ok?" suggested Carrie.
"Ok," Haylie spoke.
"On the count of 3 we both look at it ok," said Carrie.
"Ok," replied Haylie.
"1," counted Carrie, "2, 3."
They both looked at the test just as they saw the door open to the bathroom and staired in shock at who was at the door.
Carrie then put her hand with the test in it behind her back to try and hide the test from the person at the door.

Chapter End Notes:

Who was the person at the door? What did the test say?