- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
this one is a shorty but hope you would like it
*******************

As he opened the office's door the last thing he could have imagined is the presence of Kevin and Amy in his office both at the same time, above the window there was this banner saying "6 months... you made it McLean!"


He looked surprised before realizing that also Carter was there, couple of the nurses and physicians that he was introduced to were there, he was really surprised.

"Wow.. to what should I owe this party my friends."

"Well Mclean. We just remembered that you were here for six months, so you survived the hard times here…" Kevin was smiling to him.

"Actually Dr. Richardson means that you are the first neurosurgeon that manages to stay in this hospital for six months." Elisia one of the nurses told.

"Really! Why is that?" AJ asked.

"Most of them look for higher salaries and a busy big city life, not like the one we have here." Thomas another doctor told him handing AJ a bottle of juice.

Amy in her heart was waiting for her own time to announce special news she kept for the past four weeks and it was eating her inside out.

But then almost everyone's pager rang spontaneously.
"ER... guys let's go" was AJ's voice that filled the office.

In no time the room got emptied , leaving Amy and Nick alone, Amy dropped her body on the couch, while Nick took his walk to the doughnut's box and picked a very creamy and chocolate coated one, Amy looked at him.

"Nick pick a one for me please. I am hungry too."

Nick looked at her, "is it that bad time of the month? let me guess you are caught up between your Kevin and him!" he sat next to her and handed her the doughnut.

"On the contrary he doesn’t care about it, when I told AJ about it he told me that Kevin met Pat and he is convinced that she is his girlfriend."

"Pat! His drop dead hot sister that came visiting from Ireland?" Nick was feeling amused by that notion.

She took a bite then after a while of silence" Nick I have been hiding this thing for over a month, and I don't know what to say or whom to go to" she looked at him, she was in need for his advice.
"Speak on girl you know that I am not just your dance buddy, I am your friend here."

Amy smiled back at him, "I haven't told any one but you Nick but I have to start my new project by the end of this month, which means I have 2 weeks to tell both AJ and Kevin, and Mom too! I feel stressed" she finally spilled what was on her mind.

**************