- Text Size +
Later that night as Kevin got home he found the table set for two, he looked at his mother whom told him that Amy was again going out on a date.

"And who is that man!" he questioned "shouldn't we meet him and…"

"I met him" His mother said while placing the plates and the napkins right on the table.

"And who is he!" he was anxious to know.

"I promised your sister not to talk about it"

"Mother!"

"Now eat Kevin, you look pale for me"

"Mother!"

"Stop Mothering me, your sister has the right to live her life stop it, and eat."

Kevin knew that he wouldn't be able to hear or get any information about his sister's new boyfriend, and that irritated him.

***************

At the Irish restaurant, Amy and AJ were having their dinner, though everything was perfect, Amy wasn't there mentally, and even AJ wasn't drifting away too.

"Amy honey, what is it, are you ok!"

"AJ… I am ok!" she looked at him; she didn't realize that she was pacing out of space almost all the time.

"There is something on your mind, and you have been away form here for almost half of the evening!" he told her while playing with his glace of fine wine

"AJ… I have been keeping this thing from you and Kevin for the past couple of weeks because I know it would change the way my life is but I am still confused about it." She looked at him in the eyes.

"Amy, are you sick… pregnant or something?" he looked in concern, he knew that his relationship with her went far beyond the physical attraction and that they spent a lot of time together, more than any one could have imagined.

"I am not, if that would being relief for you, but I am leaving the town"

"WHAT?" AJ looked in surprise for the second time in this evening he got a huge surprise

"Why?" he asked.

"I got an offer to dance with flatley's, he has the best dancers and he is starting a new project, he heard about me and asked me to join the group."

"Shouldn't that be a happy news babe, I guess it was your dream!"

Amy didn't know how to tell AJ that she is not only leaving the town but also the whole country,

"I have to join the group with in the coming 3 weeks, in Dublin AJ, thought I can stay for a while with Pat, until we start touring."

She spoke her final words and looked at him; blank looks were over his face. She wondered if that news was upsetting him.

"I have to leave to Dublin, and I don't have any one there, the only person that I know there is her, I dunno, I would love to go there but in the same time I don't want to leave you, mother, and Kevin, but it is my dream, you know that"

She was already feeling homesickness from thinking about it.

"I think you should know something Amy, Pat is not my sister" He told her looking at her.

"She is not you sister? But you told me she was from your family and she is a McLean?" I don't get it AJ." She asked him feeling worried, hurt and confused.

"Patricia is my ex-wife Amy, she came in January to make sure that I have a suitable place for my child to stay in summer holiday." He told her, he knew that he had to tell her that secret he kept from her one day, but he didn't expect it to be hard.
She looked at him speechless, "She is your EX! How old is your child? Why didn’t you tell me this earlier?" she finally managed to speak.

"I didn't want you to leave me, I never wanted to lose you I wanted to see you and be with you while you accomplish your dream, I never wanted you to be hurt"

"AJ you are not answering my first question!"

"Michael is about four years old, I …." He was planning to complete but then she placed the napkin that was on her lap on the table stood and looked at him

"I don't think that I am feeling well AJ, I don't want to be here with right now, I am going home?" she didn't understand him, he never told her about it because he didn't want to hurt her but the pain that filled her was overwhelming, her heart kept telling her to leave because she loved him, she didn't want to lose all of that but she was hurt.

She walked to the door and didn't even go to the park where her car was, she waited couple of seconds then took a cab home.