- Text Size +


Another Tuesday came but this time Amy came little bit early to the hospital, she didn't know why her heart was going wild, she didn't understand why she decided to take the stairs instead of the elevator, she couldn't give a reason for not replying all of AJ's calls.

She wanted so much but she didn't know how to do so!

As she got finally to the forth floor she peeked through the corridor, Kevin was informing his secretary that he was going to see a patient, on the other end of the corridor there was AJ's office , and it was opened.

She waited Kevin as he took the elevator, then she headed with firm steps into McLean's office.

"Knock… Knock!" she looked through the half opened door

"Come in!"

The voice came to here ears so stiff and rigid; she wondered why that someone's voice changed in a week!

"Having a hard day Dr.McLean!" she said, anticipation building up inside her, she saw him turning his face from the window to hers

"I never thought I would see you anytime soon!" he said, he looked like a boy how had to grow up so fast, very sharp in his action yet innocent in his eyes.

"Gosh… I bet you are mad of me!" she looked at him stepped in.

"Not exactly Amy I was this close to lose a patient today." He informed her.

"Oh dear lord, is this patient ok now?" she looked worried. She saw his body falling on his seat.

"Yes she is, she is only 12 years old girl, gymnastic accident, she fell on the bar and she…"

She walked right to stand behind him, she didn't know why it felt right to do so but then, her hand went to his shoulders and started massaging them.

She could feel the tension that was building up in his shoulder getting an ease.

"AJ. You know that it is your job to try your best, never the less you had a problem today, no one's perfect."

She wasn't sure about her own reaction, because she never done this before, maybe couple of time she gave such a massage to Kevin sometimes Tim. But they were always her brother's. Touching him and being so close to him made her feel fever all over her body, a crazy feeling of strangeness.
She danced, sang, she's been around guys before, but they never gave her body such a reaction.

Silence fell between them.

"Why you never answered my calls Amy?"

"I didn't know what to say."

"Is it hard to pick it up and say hello?"

"Some how it was while Kevin is around."

He took her hand in his, turned to meet her.

She just gave him a hopeful look, and then she went down to her knees,

"I know for sure you both don't agree AJ. I dunno you have been so fully great with me and every time you rang or sent me a message it made me smile in happiness, but I can't make Kevin mad at me."

"Guess I was acting like a fool, because he actually paid me a visit the other day."
Her eyes grew wider,

"No he didn’t?"

"He did, at first he acted as a gentleman, and thanked me for helping me, then he warned me that if I laid my hand on you again without his permission he would be the first kickin my self out."

Amy had to keep her self form smiling but then "gosh AJ he would never say that he'd kickin your self out, he'll be more offensive,"

As she was finishing her words she realized that AJ was staring at her face.

"You would make a perfect Angel Amy, has any one told you about that" AJ told her

"Once dad called me his 'little angel' but that was long time ago." He could see sadness in her eyes how much he wanted to make her smile, she looked perfect smiling.

As she looked back at him again he was looking at her , her hands in his still , she tried to stand up and so he did

"Amy … can we … " he was trying to tell her something,

"Yes AJ?"

"I am free on Saturday, if you like to have dinner?" he asked her

"Well I don't mind that AJ," again she couldn't help not to smile.

******************

"Amy you are wasting time here.." Nick was the one with a voice shouting,

"You haven't practiced a little bit on the steps right??" he asked

Amy sat on the edge of the theater "Nick you know it is a hard step here, I am doing my best"

"No you ain't, come on you have to perform this Saturday. What is going on with you?"

"Nick… I am so busy and I have so little time." She answered , sometimes Nick got her really stressed out , he wanted her to do not only good, she had to be perfect.

"Come on Girl, I have been bragging about you around every one"

She looked at him, surprised, "you did what?"

"I have been bragging that I am helping you, come on, you are one of the best of whom I worked with, I even dared to invite some new friends of mine, don't make me regret it."

Nick pouted in front of her, he was a good actor too, not only good with music, but also with acting.

"Alright Carter but this Friday, you are going to give me time out of practicing, I have a date."
She looked at him affirming her words

"What is it with you guys; first my new friend calls off our meeting, and now you! Bet you both are dating behind my back"

"Dream on carter I wouldn't date a friend of yours not ever." She joked to him