- Text Size +

It was the worst sneeze he ever heard on the whole clinical floor that Monday, so Richardson dragged his legs into Dr. McLean's office. He was sure if McLean continued sneezing like this he would chock himself or even hurt his lungs or heart out of such a powerful sneeze


"Good morning McLean"


Kevin saw that AJ was laying on the couch, some sweat drops were already forming on his forehead, AJ tried to set up and answer


'Morning Dr…." without even completing his word another sneeze came out, then it was followed by a fit of coughing, Kevin didn't wait another fit he went to AJ and started checking his pulse while he was gaining his breath back.



"McLean, it looks you have a very bad cold"



AJ tried to look at Kevin but his eyes went tearing from the light that Kevin was holding across his eyes.



"My girlfriend had it and here I am having it too, but I am fine it is just little bet coughing I can make it through" AJ told Kevin trying to set up again.



"I've never known that you had a girlfriend McLean! And Hell no you are not fine" Kevin answered as he pushed him to lay back.



"Well I don’t think I am breaking any rules here, and I can have a girlfriend right? Or is it against the hospital's policy to start dating some one," Another sneeze stopped him from even trying to fight Kevin's looks.



Even though AJ never liked any one to interfere with his work but as soon as the phone rang he found Kevin heading to it, he was glad that he didn't have to answer himself.



"Yes… No he is off today; he'll be back in couple of day, try calling Dr. Steadman alright."



AJ looked at Kevin, "Excuse me but I guess that call was for me?"



"and I am about to tell you that you have to leave now, before I call the management and telling them you are jeopardizing the health of your patients walking around with serious case of flue."



"Richardson you won't dare doing so!" AJ was about to hold Kevin's hand before it reaches the phone, but then he felt light headed he allowed himself to drop his weight back on the couch.



"Damnd.' Guess you are right." He hated to be defeated but it happened.



"I guess you have to find some one to drive you home, Mclean."



" I'll call Carter, I bet he doesn't have anything to do today." AJ told Kevin.



"On a second thought I shall take you home." Kevin said, he wanted to make sure that Mclean's girlfriend wasn't his baby sister.



As he was helping AJ to the car he was thinking, if the supposed girlfriend wasn't at his place then it is his sister that is dating this jerk, but if someone was there, he wont lose a thing.



He was driving silently as watching AJ trying to wiping his nose with the paper tissue and sneeze all the way. He was glad that AJ was not in a mood to fight him back.



He insisted on helping him up to the apartment even though AJ seemed to be uncomfortable, but that was Kevin's only chance to know the truth.



As AJ unlocked the door, another person's coughs came to their ears.



"Oh shit" said AJ and walked half swaying to the bed room. Kevin followed him as he heard him calling.

"Pat, are you ok?"
He saw AJ supporting his weight to the door wooden frame, so he helped him out then went inside the room.

On the bed he saw a lady, sand – blond hair, freckles on her face and for sure looking sick, but her condition was worst than AJ's.

Kevin allowed himself to check her out before registering a mental note that he should kick himself out for his suspicious mind.

He helped the couple into rest went to the nearest drugstore to get the proper medication then after making sure that both AJ and His friend Pat were resting warmly he guided himself out heading home.

After all he was pleased that the girlfriend he saw was another lady not his baby sister