- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for reviewing! I'm so, so sorry to Anita! I accidentally deleted your review, lol. I was trying to respond and it deleted it =[. Thanks for reviewing, you guys! I appreciate it =]
“Beautiful, are you sure you’re comfortable?” Brady asked for almost the third time in the twenty minutes they had been sitting on the plane. Nick rolled his eyes. He wasn’t even the one being called ‘beautiful’ at the beginning of every statement, but it was already starting to get annoying. Nick knew from experience – with someone complimenting your looks every five seconds, it’s much harder to believe the compliments yourself.

“Brady, I’m fine,” Isabelle sighed heavily and closed her eyes to try and relax. She hated flying. The way it had worked out, all eight of them had been able to get first class – AJ, Marcus, Brian and Howie were in the first four seats of row one, then Brady and Isabelle were in the two seats along the left side of the plane in row two, with Nick and Q next to them.

“I just wanted to check because I know you’re kinda scared of flying,” he rubbed her hand comfortingly. “I just want to make sure you’re completely comfortable.” He smiled and kissed her softly. That caused a smile to erupt over her lips and she turned towards him.

“Thanks, I’m fine,” she assured him and turned back to face straight ahead. Nick watched her chest rise and fall as she sucked in a deep breath and couldn’t help but grin to himself.

“Hey Nick, would you mind switching seats with Brady for a minute? I need to talk to him about the venue setting for the show in Cologne,” Q tapped him on the shoulder and showed him the blue prints. Before every show they’d go over all the exits and back entrances. Brady had to know them all so he could talk to the venue management about it once they got there.

“Sure,” Nick shrugged. Was this fate? He stood up as Q got Brady’s attention and explained to him what he was trying to do. Brady climbed over Isabelle and then managed to plop down in Nick’s aisle seat as Nick climbed over Isabelle.

“Hi,” Isabelle smiled as he sat down and then looked straight ahead again.

“Hey,” Nick chuckled as he got situated. He fastened his seatbelt as the sign appeared over their heads. He watched the fear on her face return as the plane began to move. “Don’t worry about anything.” Nick touched her hand gently that was gripping the arm rest. “Trust me. I used to hate flying. But after touring with the guys for a while I kinda got used to it. It still freaks me out a little…but I promise it’s not that bad.” He winked. Isabelle smirked and licked her lips quickly, driving Nick insane.

“If it were up to me, we’d be taking a boat there,” she chuckled softly. “I’d much rather travel over the water than in the air. But, of course, everything that’s not quick and easy is irrational to Brady.”

“Dude, I’d love to take a boat to Europe,” Nick laughed, completely in awe that they had a love for the water in common. “It would take freaking forever…but it’d be so fun.”

“My family lives in Wilmington, North Carolina,” Isabelle nodded in response, beginning to loosen up a bit with the conversation. “I’ve lived there my whole life. My dad and brothers all have boats. I love the water more than anything else.” She beamed. She, too, was quite surprised about the connection she and Nick had. She figured he’d be a fun person to hang out with on this tour.

“That’s amazing,” Nick smiled. He knew they were reaching take off, so he wanted to hold her in the conversation so she wouldn’t get too scared. “I have a place in Tampa as well as in LA, and I have boats in both places. Hell, I even have a boat off my friend’s dock in Miami.” He chuckled.

“You like Florida?” She asked as she took a sip from her water bottle. I nodded with a small grin forming over my lips.

“Florida’s my home. LA is nice and all for work, but Tampa will always hold my heart,” he patted his chest.

“That’s how I feel about North Carolina. Brady really wants me to move out to LA with him, but I just don’t think I’m at that point in my life where I want to get up and leave my family and my home,” she sighed, lowering her voice to a whisper so Brady couldn’t hear her.

“I understand,” I nodded, in complete agreement. The plane picked up speed and Isabelle quickly changed direction, this time facing the seat in front of her with wide eyes. “Hey,” I caught her attention again with a slight chuckle in the back of my throat. “Seriously, don’t think about it.” I took her hand in mine as a friendly gesture.

“Beautiful, you alright?” Brady interrupted his conversation to double check on her. She nodded quickly and squeezed her eyes shut tightly, squeezing my hand in the process.

“Check it out,” I peered out the window. “We’re already in the air.” I grinned. She opened her eyes a little and leaned across me to see for herself. “Sometimes I think it’s really cool to wonder about who exactly is below us seeing us at that very moment, you know? Think about how many times you look up into the sky and see a plane. I guess it’s just one of those cool moments where you’re on top of the world.” He shrugged. He was so into the moment. As he turned towards Isabelle, she smiled. She could see the glint of passion in his eyes.

“That’s one of the coolest things I think I’ve heard in a long time,” she smirked.

“You should hang out with me more often,” he boasted with a laugh. She rolled her eyes and laughed, leaning back to sit in her seat fully. “Not to toot my own horn, or anything.” He chuckled.

“Yeah, yeah,” she mumbled jokingly. “Whatever you say. But I must admit, you seem very interesting and fun, Mr. Carter. And as of right now, you’re my new best friend because you kept me so freaking calm during that whole, take off procedure.”

“I’m honored,” Nick smiled. The playful action between the two really made each one feel more comfortable – especially Isabelle. She came into this not knowing anyone and completely unsure if anyone would accept her. She knew Brady would be busy with work – probably more busy than the guys – and she was worried she’d get bored easily. But as far as she could tell with Nick, there was no getting bored involved.

“Well, it looks as if my boyfriend’s pretty involved in a conversation and the seatbelt light is still on, so I think I’m gonna get a little shut eye,” Isabelle yawned.

“Fine, be boring,” Nick scoffed jokingly and winked to make sure she realized he wasn’t being serious. “Nah, that sounds pretty enticing right about now. We can play musical seats again later.” He laughed, causing her to giggle.

“Sounds like a plan,” she adjusted the pillow behind her head so it’d be more comfortable. “Night.” She smiled.

“Goodnight,” Nick watched as she slowly drifted off into sleep. As she got deeper and deeper into dream-world, her head slipped and landed on his shoulder. He didn’t bother readjusting her head, either. He liked it right where it was.