- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Things are beginning to pick up and get interesting ;]

Let me know what you think!!
With it being Thanksgiving tomorrow, I'm pretty busy. But I'll try and get more up if a get some reviews =]
“You look…beautiful,” Brady beamed as he kissed Isabelle on the cheek. Even though it had been a long day and everyone was exhausted, it was routine to go out for a nice dinner the first night of the tour in a new country. The guys had been doing it ever since they started performing. They invited the crew along – including Brady and Isabelle. Brady had brought along an expensive black tuxedo. Isabelle’s brother helped lead him to the dress he had gotten for Isabelle. Her brother, Caden, had gone shopping with her one weekend and found her drooling over the dress, refusing to buy it because it was so expensive. Brady went back and got it for her, just for tonight.

The dress was strapless and form fitting. The top of the dress showed the perfect amount of cleavage to make any single man turn. Hell, maybe even some that were taken. The dress flared out slightly around her thighs to the floor. It was made of a satin material that was absolutely sleek and gorgeous. Isabelle had curled her hair around her shoulders and pinned half of it back, with a few strands hanging loosely around her face. Her make-up was flawless, yet at the same time, it made her look natural. Her big brown eyes were outlined in dark eye liner and her lips were painted with a bit of darker pink lip gloss.

“Thank you,” she mumbled like usual with a grin, not really believing the comment. She felt bad for feeling that way, but it seemed as though he was always just feeding her lines. She was about to tell him what she was feeling, like Nick had said. But before their conversation could continue, Brady’s cell phone began to vibrate.

“Sorry,” he mouthed as he answered it. “Hello? Oh, hey Johnny, what’s up?” He walked into the side room attached to their hotel room and shut the door. Isabelle rolled her eyes and grabbed her clutch that she had gotten from Brady. She sighed and opened up the main door to the bedroom and snuck out into the hallway as if she was a girl in high school. She bit her bottom lip and tried to quietly close the door behind her so Brady wouldn’t even realize she had left.

“Escaping, are we?” She heard a deep voice behind her that sent a chill up her spine. She nearly jumped backwards and clutched at her heart. She let out a sigh of relief when she saw it was only Nick.

“Jesus, Nick. You scared the crap out of me,” she mumbled and closed her eyes momentarily to try and regain her composure. He chuckled and placed an arm on her shoulder to steady her.

“Sorry,” he laughed. “I didn’t realize you would freak. Where are you going? Is Brady about ready?” He asked. Isabelle’s expression remained solemn as she shrugged, Nick’s hand falling off in the process.

“He got a call,” she rolled her eyes. “I’m…taking a walk.” She turned towards the elevator in her heels and hurried down the hallway. She really wasn’t interested in having this conversation with Nick. She could already tell she was kind of starting to like him. The last thing she needed was to fall for one of Brady’s friends.

“Outside?” He called after her. “You’re going for a walk outside dressed like that?” He began to walk after her, a grin playing across his lips.

She was slightly offended. Why was he criticizing the way she dressed? “Excuse me?” She spun around on her heel, allowing him to catch up to her. “Dressed like what exactly? A slut? A whore? I thought I looked rather nice tonight.” She was so flustered. First, Brady had pissed the hell out of her and now Nick was frustrating her.

Nick laughed and shook his head. “You look absolutely stunning,” he said softly, glancing her body over again to cause her cheeks to redden. “What I meant was, it’s November in Cologne. You do realize it’s probably about 30 degrees outside, right?” He pointed to his winter coat draped over his shoulder. In all of her frustration, Isabelle hadn’t even noticed. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and glanced away. Maybe if she didn’t look him in the eye he wouldn’t have such a strong effect on her. “Come on.” He chuckled. “I know exactly where we can go where you won’t freeze or be stuck with Brady.” He didn’t mean for it to sound so negative…it just did.

“Sounds nice enough already,” Isabelle tried to joke, causing a smile to form over her lips and Nick’s. Nick glanced down at her and smiled as he opened the door to his hotel room.

“Home sweet home…for the moment,” Nick winked as he shut the door behind them. Isabelle smiled a small smile and walked around to look around. There was a large bay window overlooking the city. Isabelle couldn’t believe what she was seeing. It was all so perfect. “It’s not much, but its home.” Nick shrugged, just trying to make conversation as he shoveled his hands in his pockets.

“It’s beautiful,” Isabelle smiled, and then rolled her eyes with a chuckle. “You’d think I’d get sick and tired of hearing that over and over again.” She joked, referring to the word ‘beautiful’.

“It’s a shame he uses it so much,” Nick smirked. “You really are –“

She stopped him. “Please don’t say it.” She sighed and put her hand up. “Thank you for being kind…but that word has no meaning to me anymore.” She muttered and gently touched the glass window to feel the coldness quickly sting the tip of her finger.

“Like I said, it’s a shame,” Nick said again, this time stepping a bit closer to her. “For a woman that completely sucks the air out of a man’s lungs when she walks into the room, she shouldn’t have to be numb to the word ‘beautiful’. Because you do, ya know,” his voice dropped to below a whisper and Isabelle could feel his warm breath on the back of her neck.

“Do what?” She swallowed the lump in her throat and closed her eyes. She placed her hand on the glass in front of her to try and steady herself. She could feel that he was directly behind her now and she felt her knees get weak.

“You suck all the air out of my lungs when you walk into a room,” he muttered again. “Izzie, you’re such an amazing person. I don’t understand why he can’t appreciate you for who you are.” A grin formed over her lips and she managed to gather the strength to turn towards him to face him.

“Funny, sometimes I ask myself why girls can’t appreciate you for who you are deep down inside…not for what your name means of how much money you have,” she shrugged and placed her hand on his cheek. “You make me feel beautiful, Nick. Like, truly beautiful. Not just the title Brady has seemed to give me.”

Brady. That name struck a nerve for Isabelle and she went to pull away. Before she could, Nick gently caught her arm in his grasp and allowed his lips to fall upon hers gently. Much to Isabelle’s surprise, she didn’t want to pull away. Instead, she allowed her arms to weave around his neck and pull him in closer. Nick’s hands quickly found her waist and he tugged her against him. The kiss began to deepen as Nick forcefully opened her mouth with his tongue, plummeting in to try and discover everything about her. They were both caught in the moment until there was a knock on the door.