- Text Size +

“I’m a lawyer” answer her date. “I don’t think we got each others names. I’m Joel.”

“I’m Alexya, nice to meet you Joel,” replied Alexya. “So as a lawyer, what’s the most weirdest case you’ve ever gotten?”

“Umm, will I just started out, but in law school I had a one big case. I went to Harvard Law School. While I was there one of my professors who owned his own firm had a big case where he took on first years interns. This case was a murder that took place and the suspect was the wife who was less then half the guys age. He was wealthy, but she didn’t need the money since she had made millions on her weight loss products.” Joel paused and went on, “Am I boring you?”

“No, please continue” she replied.

“Ok, will she went to trial and on the day of the daughters turn to tell her side she fired my professor. She then hired Elle another first year intern along with one of the professors lawyer’s. Will it came down that day to Elle actually getting the daughter to confess that she really murdered her father.” He paused and then continued. “She was taken away and the young wife was set free. And Elle got a great job at a wonderful law firm.”

“Wow that’s so cool,” she responded. “I wish I had a story like that to tell.”

“Here’s your salads,” interrupted Nate. “Do you guys need anything else?”

“No thank you,” Alexya answered.

“Ok enjoy,” Nate said then walked away to go check on dinner.

“This is a great salad,” Alexya replied after taking a bit of her salad.

“Yes it is.” Joel said back as he ate his salad. “I love these croutons there so tender.” As they continued to eat they talked about each others careers and what the liked to do in their spare time.

“Dinner finally arrived after a few minutes. “Here’s your dinner. Two New York strips medium with mash potatoes,” said Nate. “Anything else I can get you?”

“Another dr. pepper please,” answered Alexya.

“Me too please,” replied Joel.

“Ok I’ll be back with two dr. peppers,” stated Nate and then walked away. He then returned with the drinks and left to go check on his other tables.

As he was gone Joel and Alexya ate their dinner and talked about her photography.

Dinner was finally over and they were leaving to go over to the beach for a few minutes.

They got into the car and drove a couple miles to the beach. Joel parked the car and got out and walked over to Alexya’s side and opened the door.

“Thank you,” said Alexya as she got out of the mustang.

“Your welcome,” replied Joel as he shut the door after Alexya got out.