- Text Size +

About six months later after the tour was over…

One day while Joel and Alexya were out to lunch with her parents her phone started to talk “I wanna hear ‘Jesus Loves You’ daddy,” said the phone. She knew who that was it was Leighanne. She had become great friends with her during their time together.

“Let me get this,” Alexya said as she got up and walked outside to answer the phone. “Hey. Hey how are you? Oh I’m great. Oh yeah really cool that’s great.” she then paused as Leighanne went on. “Oh ok will me and Joel can be there tomorrow afternoon if you want. Ok I’m just having lunch with my parents and then we’ll get ready to leave. Ok we’ll see you then. Bye.” She said then hung up her cell phone and walked back inside.

“Who was that?” Asked Lisa her mom.

“Oh just Leighanne,” replied Alexya. “She needs me to be over in Orlando by noon tomorrow for a photo shoot.”

“Oh that’s great honey” Said her dad Jim. “So you gotta pack soon don’t you?”

“Yeah I do,” she answered. “I gotta leave like now. I’m so sorry to have to eat and run but I gotta get ready.”

“That’s alright baby,” said Lisa. “Your work is very important to you. Go and have fun. And if you can stop in and tell Mickey hi for me,” she joked. Then got up and hugged Joel and Alexya goodbye.

“Bye mom and dad,” said Alexya. “Talk to you both when I get back.”

“Ok bye honey,” said both Jim and Lisa. Then Alexya and Joel left to go get ready.

While in the car on the way back to her place she remembered she hadn’t told Joel he was coming with her. “Joel I forgot to tell you something back there,” she said as she looked at him.

“Yes,” Joel said then continued. “What is it?”

“You get to come with me,” she said. “We’re staying with Brian and Leighanne down there.”

“Great that sounds like fun,” he replied. “I’ll get ready after I drop you off. When do we leave?”

“Tonight if all possible,” she stated. “We need to be there by noon tomorrow.”

“Ok great,” he said. “Let me just get ready then we can go.” Just then they drove up to her place and she got out.

“I’ll see you in about an hour if that’s good with you,” she said.

“Yeah that’s fine,” he replied. “If I’m gonna be later then I’ll call.”

“Ok, bye,” she said and leaned in and kissed him.

“Bye,” he said as he kissed her back. Then she shut the door and went into the house to pack just as he left to go get packed.

As Alexya packed she turned on music like she always did when she had to get things done. The CD that was playing was ‘Some Hearts’ by Carrie Underwood. She was her second favorite artist. She sang along to it and danced as she got ready. By the end of the last song she was grabbing her toothbrush and placing it into her suitcase. She was done packing. She then walked over to the stereo and turned it off and jumped onto the couch and turned on the TV. About 10 minutes later she heard her cell phone ring again it was playing ‘Yes I will’ and again she sang along with it. “Yes I will, take your hand and walk with you. Yes I will, so these three words I promise to. Yes I will, give you everything you need. And someday start a family with you. Yes I will, take your hand and walk with you. Yes I will, baby I promise to. Yes I will, give you everything you need. And someday start a family with you.” Alexya sang. Then she finally got to the phone. “Hey. Ok great I’ll be out there in a minute. Ok great. What car are we taking? Ok that’s great I’ll drive when you get tired then. Ok be right there. Love you too, bye.” Then she hung up and grabbed her stuff and was out the door. She locked the door behind her and went to the car to leave. She placed her suitcase in the trunk and shut it and got into the car and they were off to go to Orlando.

About and hour or so later they had switched drivers since Alexya knew her way around Orlando since they were almost there. “Hey Joel,” Alexya said.

“Yeah,” he replied.

“Can you grab my cell phone out of my purse and call Leighanne and tell her I’m almost to the Disney exit,“ said Alexya. “She needs to tell me how to get to her place from the interstate.”

“Sure,” he said. Then got the phone out and called Leighanne. “Hey this is Joel Alexya’s boyfriend. Hey. We’re at the Disney exits now so where do we get off. Ok exit 139 then ok great. Then where from there? Ok turn right after we get off.”

“We’re at exit 139 now ok keep on the line with her,” Alexya stated.

“Ok we’re at the exit now so I’ll keep on the phone till we get there,’ Joel said. “Ok so take a right here. Then what. Ok Lincoln street take a left. Ok now we did that now what. Go about a mile to Grand Ave. and take a right. Ok.” about a 10 minutes later they were at Leighanne’s house and she came outside and greeted us with Baylee in toe.

“Hey Alexya and Joel how are you both?” Leighanne asked as she gave them both hugs.

“Oh I’m great,” said Alexya.

“Me too,” said Joel.

“Hey Alexya,” said Baylee as he gave her a hug.

“Hey Baylee,” said Alexya. “I’d like you to meet someone. This is my boyfriend Joel. I brought him along so he could help me at the photo shoot tomorrow.”

“Hi Mr. Joel,” said Baylee.

“Hi Baylee,” said Joel. “You can call me just Joel not Mr. that makes me seem old.” He said as he shook Baylee’s hand.

“Lets go inside and I’ll show you your rooms,” Leighanne stated. “Follow me this way.” They grabbed there stuff from the trunk and walked to the house. Leighanne showed Joel his room first then went down to Alexya’s. “I hope you both like it here. Mine and Brian’s room is right over there and Baylee’s is right next to yours Alexya.”

“Its great,” Alexya replied. “I hope we’re not an inconvenience for you all?”

“No not at all,” responded Leighanne. “We’re glad to have you hear. Now I have to get dinner ready so I’m gonna go start that.” Then she paused. “I’m gonna leave you two to get settled in and whenever you want you can come down to the kitchen and I’ll show you the rest of the house unless Baylee wants to do that.” She smiled then left to go make dinner.

“Ok thanks,” said Alexya then went to her room with Baylee and got her things unpacked. Joel then went into his room and did the same thing. About 15 minutes later they were both done and Baylee was gonna take them on the tour through the house.

About an hour later Brian came home while Baylee, Alexya, and Joel were all in Baylee’s room playing with his toys.

“Who’s car is that outside honey,” asked Brian as he gave Leighanne a kiss.

“Oh that’s Alexya’s and her boyfriend Joel’s car,” answered Leighanne as she continued to cook.

“Oh she’s here,” Brian replied. “Where are they I wanna say hi?”

“Their up in Baylee’s room I think,” replied Leighanne. Brian then went upstairs to Baylee’s room to find Alexya and Joel. He opened the door and walked in.

“Hey Alexya how are you,” said Brian.

Everyone turned around and looked at him “Hey Brian I’m great,” replied Alexya. “How are you?”

“I’m great,” answered Brian. “Hey nice to meet you Joel I’m Brian. I’ve heard a lot about you on the road when she was with us touring, Its great to finally meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too Brian,” said Joel. “I’ve heard a lot about you and the guys from her about the tour and how much fun it was.”

“Is dinner ready yet daddy?” Baylee asked.

“I don’t know lets go see,” said Brian then picked up Baylee and walked down to the kitchen with Alexya and Joel. “Is dinner ready yet honey?” he asked.

“Yep just give me a few minutes and we can eat,” said Leighanne. “Can you get Baylee washed up please Bri?”

“Sure be right back,” Brian replied and left with Baylee.

“Is there anything we can do to help?” asked Alexya.

“Umm,” said Leighanne. “You can grab the plates and silverware and glasses if you’d like.”

“Sure,” said Joel. “Is that all you need help with.”

“I think that’s it,” replied Leighanne. “Ok now let me grab the food and I can take it into the other room. We’re gonna eat in the dinning room.”

“Ok,” said Alexya. “Sounds great.” Then they walked into the dinning room and sat down with the food and plates and started to fill the plates with food. Brian and Baylee soon returned with freshly cleaned hands and were ready to eat.

“Man am I hungry,” stated Brian. “This all looks so good baby.” He then looked across the table to Leighanne as she passed out the food.

“I hope you all like enchiladas cause that’s what I made tonight,” Leighanne said.

“Oh those are one of my favorite things to make when I’m home,” stated Alexya.

“Oh that’s good to know,” replied Leighanne. “I made them today cause we haven’t had them in awhile.” They then ate dinner and talked about what had happened in the time since they saw each other last and had a great time. After dinner was over they watched a movie and then they all went to bed for the night since they had a big day tomorrow.

The next morning they all woke up about 8:30- 9:00 in the morning and ate breakfast before they headed out for the photo shoot. At about 11:00 o’clock everyone one was ready to go. Alexya grabbed her camera and extra memory cards and batteries and got into the car and left. They went down to a local park to take some of the pictures and then went to a local church for some others. They traveled around the city all day taking pictures and the next day they were to take more pictures. They then came home and ate dinner and watched some TV and downloaded the pictures to Alexya’s laptop and went to bed.

The next day Brian had a surprise for everyone for a great place to take some more photos. After everyone was done eating breakfast and dressed for the day he decided to tell them where they were going. “So,” Brian started saying. “Do you all wanna know where we’re all going today thanks to me?”

“Yeah,” replied Leighanne. “Tell us please.”

“Ok,” said Brian. “I’m taking you all to Disney for the day for a photo shoot there with the characters. How does that sound to everyone?

“Great, fine, love it,” said everyone.

“Ok then lets not keep the park waiting,” said Brian. “Lets go.” They all got into the car and were off to go to Disney for the day. They got there about 15 minutes later and got their tickets and went into the park. Being that Brian was so famous he had fans stop him every now and then to take a picture with them or for an autograph. They got a lot of pictures taken that day of all of them. They were having so much fun that day that they didn’t want it to end. They took pictures with their favorite characters and rode a lot of the rides there. Brian would stay with Baylee while Leighanne, Alexya, and Joel would go ride some of the rides that Baylee couldn’t ride or Brian didn’t want to ride. They ate dinner with the characters that night and got pictures with Donald Duck and Pluto and Minnie and Mickey even came by to sign some autographs. Baylee was getting tired at about 9 at night so they decided to go back home and put Baylee to sleep. They still wanted to have more fun that night so they called a neighbor to come and stay there with Baylee until they returned.

They then left again and went back to the park for a little while longer. They wanted to have some dessert so they went to Cinderella’s castle to get something. Brian went and put his name on the list for a table and then went back to the rest of them. “Its gonna be about 30 minutes so we can go look in the shops if you’d like,” said Brian.

“Sure that’s sounds great me and Leighanne will go do that and leave you guys to talk so more and wait for us,” Alexya replied.

“That sounds great,” Joel said. Then the girls left and went into the shops to look around.

As soon as they were gone and Brian and Joel were all by themselves Joel pulled out a box from his pocket. “Brian look at this,” said Joel as he opened the box and looked around for Alexya.

“What’s this?” asked Brian. “Is this what I think it is?”

“I think so,” Joel answered. “If you think I’m gonna ask her to marry me tonight your right.” Brian’s mouth dropped in shock, but in a good way.

“Wow,” Brian responded. “I think she’s gonna be shocked.”

“I asked her dad a couple weeks ago and told him not to say anything,” said Joel. “I bought the ring yesterday after I dropped her off at her house. I got her ring size from her mom and had her help me pick out it out over the weeks,” he then paused. “I hope she likes it. Its her birth stone color too.”

“Its gorgeous,” Brian replied. “She’s gonna love it I bet, I know I do.”

“How am I gonna do this?” asked Joel. “I wanna make it where she won’t forget it.”

“How about asking them to put it on top of her dessert tonight?” Brian said. “We can ask them right now before the girls get back.”

“Ok great idea,” replied Joel. “Lets go do it.” Then they walked over to the lady at the front of the restaurant and told her what they wanted to be done and she agreed to do it and they told her what she looked like so they could get it on the right girls dessert. Soon the girls returned and they were all seated and ready to give their waiter their orders.

“Hi and welcome to Disney’s Cinderella’s Castle I’m your waitress for the evening and my name is Cindy,” said Cindy. “Are you all ready to order or should I just take your drink orders right now and give you a few?”

“No I think we’re ready,” said Brian. “I’ll have a dr. pepper and a piece of chocolate cake please.”

“I’ll have the same,” said Leighanne.

“I’ll take a hot fudge brownie with vanilla ice cream,” said Alexya. “Oh and with a dr. pepper too please.”

“I’ll have a dr. pepper and a piece of chocolate cake too please,” stated Joel.

“Ok let me see if I got this right. Four dr. peppers, three chocolate cakes, and a hot fudge brownie with vanilla ice cream,” said the waitress.

“Yep that’s right,” said Brian. Then the waitress left and came back with the drinks. They sat their and talked about home fun it was and how they’d love to come back here again sometime with them again. The waitress soon returned with the desserts. She place a chocolate cake in front of everyone but Alexya then went to go get hers.

When she returned Leighanne was the only one eating her dessert. Cindy placed the plate down in front of Alexya with the ring on top of the ice cream. Alexya looked down at the ice cream and started to cry. Leighanne didn’t know what was going on at that moment. She stopped eating and looked at Joel and Alexya. Alexya then turned to Joel with tears in her eyes and looked him in the eyes. Leighanne and Brian were still sitting there waiting for them to say something. Leighanne couldn’t help but start to cry too. Joel turned to Alexya and grabbed her hand.

“Will you marry me,” he asked Alexya. Then she started to cry more and couldn’t say anything or move. She was in so much shock and so was Leighanne. “Are you ok,” he asked Alexya.

She shook her head yes and looked at Joel.

“So,” Joel said. “is it a yes or no?” he said looking into her beautiful eyes.

“It’s a yes,” she answered and almost jumped out of her seat hugging him and then gave him probably the worlds longest kiss.

Leighanne and Brian looked on in amazement and delight. They were both so happy for the both of them.

After dessert was over they decided to go back home and call it a night and to start planning the wedding the next day. In the car on the way to the house they got to talking.

“Leighanne I have a great idea,” said Alexya. “Since I don’t have any young relatives who can be the ring bearer how about Baylee do the honor?”

“That’s a wonderful idea,” said Leighanne. “He would love that so much.”

“And you can be my maid of honor too.” Alexya continued. “I don’t have any sisters since I’m an only child and I’ve become really close to you in the past couple months.”

“Sure,” Leighanne said. “I’d love to be.” They soon returned home and paid the babysitter and went to bed.