- Text Size +

About 3 months later…

They had planned on having a quick wedding since they didn’t want to wait so long so they decided to have it at the end of August. The day was almost there. Leighanne said they could hold the wedding at her and Brian’s place since it was so big. Leighanne was helping put the wedding together and that helped take off a lot of the stress that Alexya had.

She had been planning this wedding forever now. She had picked out the perfect wedding dress, it looked just like Jessica Simpson’s dress. She loved it from the moment she saw it. When she tried it on she felt like a princess. The bridesmaids dresses were dark red and came half way down the leg. They were so beautiful that even Alexya wouldn’t mind wearing it to the wedding if she hadn’t found the dress of her dreams, which she did. The maid of honors dress was similar to the bridesmaids but it was strapless and long compared to the others that had spaghetti straps and were shorter. Leighanne loved her dress so much that she didn’t want to take it off she loved spinning in the dress just like in ‘The Princess Diaries‘.

Joel tux wasn’t that big a deal since he bought a really nice one from the best store in Orlando, Florida. His older brother and best friend where going to be in his wedding with his brother being the best man. Oh course since Brian and Joel had become great friends cause of having to spend so much time together, he was going to be in the wedding too. Brian was one of the groomsmen.

A friends 3 year old daughter was the flower girl and her dress was almost the same as Alexya’s but with straps to keep it on but you couldn’t see them. She looked just like the bride but so much younger. And since no one in the family had a young boy they got Baylee to be the ring bearer. His tux was just like the grooms it was so cute.

The day finally arrived and everyone was very nervous about the wedding. The wedding began at noon outside by the lake. Alexya and her bridesmaids and maid of honor got ready as people started to arrive. Joel and the rest of his groomsman and best man were busy getting ready at a friends house a couple houses down so they wouldn’t run into the lady’s.

It was finally 11:50 a.m. and things were going great everyone was seated except her parents and his. Her dad was gonna walk her down the aisle. First the mothers were seated then the fathers. Everyone soon was down at the other end of the yard by the water, except Alexya and her dad. She started to walk out when her dad kissed her on her head and said, “You’re my baby girl and always will be. I love you and am so proud of you right now.” They finally reached the altar and he passed Alexya off to Joel.

They said the traditional vows and said I do. Then they finally had their first kiss as husband and wife. Everyone one was clapping so loud and almost everyone was in tears, even Joel was. They soon ran down the aisle to go get ready for the reception. Everyone was at the reception when they were introduced as Mr. and Mrs. Joel Kidman and started to scream and go crazy. They got so many congratulations from everybody that they just wanted to get up and dance. They had a song it was the song that Alexya had as her ring tone for Joel. They thought that they would just be dancing to a CD but all the guys were there so they decided to sing it for them. It was their present to them. Joel and Alexya got up to dance and as the music started the boys each got up and started to sing it to them. Alexya started to smile even wider then she already was smiling and tears came running down her checks. Joel could feel the tears running down her check and turned to her and kissed her.

“This is the best day ever,” Alexya said. “Thank you so much.”

“Thank you for saying yes,” Joel replied. Then he kissed her again as she continued to cry.

Later on her dad danced with her and so did her new father-in-law. Right before the night ended she had danced with all the guys but Brian. She even danced with Joel more. Then the last song came on and she wanted to dance with Brian before the night was over. So she walked over to where him and Leighanne where standing with Baylee. “Hey you wanna dance?” she asked Brian.

“Sure I loved to,” he replied and kissed Leighanne as he walked over to the dance floor.

“Thanks,” Alexya said.

“Your welcome,” he replied. “You deserve it all. Your like my little sister I never had. You only deserve the best there is.”

“Thanks,” said Alexya as she started to cry again.

“Don’t cry,” he said. “Your so lucky to have found someone like him. He’s a real great guy.”

“Thanks,” she replied. “I will never forget this night.” The song kept playing in the background it was ‘Unbelievable’ by Kaci Brown. She was there too that night with AJ. They were dancing over on the other side of the dance floor and so was Joel and Leighanne. Baylee was dancing with Emma, the little flower girl. It was so cute that during the sing Alexya went with Brian and got her camera and took some pictures and went back to dancing. The song finally ended and they started to walk over to the rest of the people still there.

“Hey I think its about time to leave,” Alexya said to Joel. “We need to get to the resort soon.”

“Yeah,” Joel replied.

Alexya looked at Leighanne and Brian and then said, “Thanks so much for this present. I love Disney World. I can’t wait to go back.”

“Your so welcome honey,” said Leighanne as she hugged her.

“Your welcome too,” Brian said and hugged her and gave her a kiss on the check.

They then soon left and went to their resort to check in and then got some desert at Downtown Disney with their dress and tux still on. They got so many people coming up to them and saying congratulations again. They then went back to the resort and spent their first night together as husband and wife.