- Text Size +
Story Notes:
For those of you that remember, this was on FF.net back in 2001-ish..
What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted?
Prologue

Date: August 20 2002

Dear Diary,

Why, why why? I keep asking myself this. I’m usually not good with words, but tonight pain flows from my heart. What did I do wrong? Sure, I’m only 13, (almost 14 – November 18!) but now I know the true meaning of heartbreak.

I actually thought I loved him, I thought we could beat all odds and stay together. “I’m sorry…it’s not going to work out. We’re both always on tour.” Spoken to me by him nothing shy of three hours ago. I miss him so much already, and yet, he is only down the hall. It’s no use talking to him – he made his point clear. He doesn’t love me anymore. Why would I want to love someone that doesn’t love me back?

How am I going to be able to live three more days here? Steph was right, three is and unlucky number. I’ve never cared so much for a guy in all my life. Not Craig, (or Dred, or Greg or whatever his name was.) not Alan, not Jared. But in the past three months, I’ve filled up almost this whole Diary with thought and hopes and dreams about him. Ugh, there’s that magical number again. Mental Note – yell at Steph later.

I’ll never see him again. I know it. He’s out of my life for good. What if I run into him at the MTV VMA’s next year? That would be weird. Though, right now that last place I want to be is up on stage looking like I haven’t got a care in the world. Any smile I wear for the rest of my life will be fake. Sophie says the pain will go away. Well, the last person she went out with was Tyler Cudmore, and when he dumped her she flushed his bracelet down the toilet. Newsflash Soph, I can’t just go poof! And ‘flush’ all these horribly wonderful memories down the toilet.

Then there’s Joce that says in time everything will be ok. She knows nothing about how I feel! Seriously, I wish the two of them would just SHUT UP. They don’t know what the heck they’re talking about.

The only person that would truly be able to help is Steph, cause she’s been there. But I don’t want to talk to her either. I know she is mad because, now that we’re broken up, it will be harder for her to see her boyfriend. Since I’m always with her and he’s always with him.

Last time, when Jared and I broke up, it hurt way less. But I’ll never forget what they said to cheer me up;

“Don’t worry, Char! Everyone knows you’re going to end up with Aaron Carter!”

Yeah, right.