- Text Size +
**July 10 2002**

“I’m Carson Daly and here we are, Total Request Live. I’ve got some very special guests today, ladies and gentlemen, please welcome The 4 Gurlz!” Carson announced as the girls waved to the audience.

“Hey Carson!” Steph smiled. “You know, I’m from Canada, and I used to dream of watching TRL. Now, I’m on it!” She gushed, and it sounded incredibly cheesy. Sophie rolled her eyes, while Joce and Charline exchanged glances. Steph was aware of all this but she ignored it.

“It’s great to have you four here. Let’s start off with a question from an audience member, shall we?” Carson asked. Charline nodded.

“Alright. How about…you.” She pointed to a guy holding a collage of pictures of her. Some of them, she hadn’t even seen. Damn Popatsy. She thought to herself.

“Hey girls.” He grinned. “Hey Char.”

Charline smiled and looked at her friends proudly, as if to say; Haha! He likes me the most!

“Hi!” She replied warmly.

“Um, I was just wondering who your idols are and why.” He asked before sitting down.

Joce answered first, and of course, the others knew who she was going to say. “A.J. McLean from the Backstreet Boys, definitely. I really admire how he does what he wants and doesn’t care at all what anyone thinks.”

Steph went next. “Geri Halliwell. Especially since she left the Spice Girls. Actually, I think that’s why I idolize her so much, she left the job of a lifetime to help people by promoting breast cancer awareness.”

“But, hopefully, you won’t follow her lead and leave the group, right?” Carson half joked, half asked.

Steph shook her head. “No. This is what I want to do, so for me, this is girl power.”

“She also loves Geri’s accent!” Sophie added; the others nodded in agreement.

The girls answered a few more questions from Carson and their fans. When the show ended, they were driven down to the airport by a limousine and got on a flight back to L.A. as soon as possible.

Charline slumped down in her plane seat and put on her Discman.

“Char.” Steph said, shuffling a deck of UNO cards. Charline didn’t answer.

“Charline.” She said louder. Once again, Charline didn’t hear her. Instead, she started singing, or rather, rapping, along to her music.

“I always try to be the flyest kid on the block, the popular one-”

“Charline!!!” All three girls yelled in unison.

“So that’s when I had this bright idea. Throw the party of the month-”

“Nah, the party of the year!” Joce joined in, pulling the headphones off Charline’s head. “I thought you hated that song.”” She remarked, raising both her eyebrows, since she couldn’t only raise one.

“I did, then I fell in love with him.” She answered happily. The others smiled at each other.

“Awww, that’s so sweet.” Sophie cooed.

Charline grunted. “Shut up, go make fun of Steph. She does stupider things than me.”

At that second, they all looked over at Steph, who was making a house out of the UNO cards on her pull down tray.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, we are now taking off. Please remain seated and keep your seatbelts fastened until further notice.” The pilot announced as the plane started to speed down the runway.

“Dammit.” Steph grumbled as her house fell apart. The other laughed.

“I told you so.” Charline giggled, and then started out the plane window. Soon, they would be back in California, she would be back with Aaron and all would be good.

**Three Hours Later**

“Ack! It’s a moth! Kill it!” Sophie screeched, curling up in her chair and clutching her Harry Potter book, as if for protection.

The girls had just arrived back to find an empty house. A note left from Aaron told them that the family had gone out for the afternoon. So, for now, the four of them were just chilling out. Sophie was reading, Steph was writing her Backstreet Boys fanfic she had started five years ago, and Joce and Charline were eagerly anticipating her next page.

“Oh, Sophie, it’s just like a butterfly.” Charline rolled her eyes at her sister, who was still whimpering in her chair.

“You know, moths eat your clothes.” Joce said, matter of factly. Then she glanced over at Steph. “Are you almost done your page?”

Steph didn’t look up as she scribbled her pen onto the paper. “Half done. One more side.”

Charline ignored Steph and turned back to the predicament with the moth. “Moths eat your clothes, really?” She asked, and Joce nodded. “Oh well.” Charline sighed, looking back at Sophie and wrinkling her nose. “I don’t like what Sophie’s wearing anyway.”

By now, Sophie had calmed down and had continued reading Harry Potter. Joce burst out laughing and Steph looked up.

“What?”

“I said moths eat your clothes and Char was like ‘I don’t like what Sophie’s wearing anyway.’” Joce explained, giggling.

Steph started laughing. “That’s hilarious! Perfect for when the girls get back home to find an empty house.” She giggled, and pulled out a new page. The first thing she wrote on it was **Three Hours Later** “Ack! It’s a moth! Kill it!”

“Oh, you’re done your page?” Joce asked, peeking over to her. “Excellent.”

“Yup.” She replied, handing to her and continuing her next one.

**That Night**

“Last card!” Charline exclaimed as she hit her fist on the table. She, Aaron, Joce, Sophie and Angel were playing crazy eight countdown. It was about two in the morning and everyone else was already asleep.

“What are you on now?” Aaron asked, drawing a card from the deck since he couldn’t make a move.

“Twos.” Charline replied. The others groaned, as they were on their fours or more. “But soon I’ll be on my ones.” She added.

“When this is over, we should go to bed.” Sophie said, leaning her elbows on the table and resting her head in her hands.

Two more minutes passed, and Charline was the winner. With Charline sitting at the table, bouncing around in her chair, beaming about her victory, the others trotted up to bed.

Joce and Sophie decided to share a room that night, so they could share the flashlight and both read their own Harry Potter books. Soon however, they grew weary of that and tried to fall asleep.

Two seconds after they turned off the flashlight, Aaron walked into their room, turned on the light, picked up Joce’s Harry Potter book, sat on their bed, and began to read.

Joce groaned. “Aaron, I’m glad I got you into Harry Potter, but do realize you’re the only one awake. Just walking around the house, turning on lights as you go.”

Aaron put the book back on the dresser and went and stood in the doorway. “No, Charline’s up too.” He replied, casually. At that very second, Charline ran past Joce’s room yelling, causing Sophie, Joce and Aaron to burst out laughing.

All was fun and games now, but as the old saying goes, what goes up, must come down.